What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now this year is offical over....
What changes need to be made ? Coach obviously centres and fg prop or a few....
Seems like a lot weaker side in 2020 if that’s possible... Widdop gone maybe graham ? And no signings yet...

If no changes are made will anyone be renewing there membership? Reasons to why ?

jeffdragon

Bench
Season starts with hope but due to scheduling of games and team performance will decide how many games I attend.

Bigdogsbedtime

Juniors
Players wise -
Our only outside back who is any good atm is our winger who makes a ton of error but can at least carry the ball back with some power. We need 2 outside backs preferably one good centre. Having a half back as a fullback needs to change but with widdop gone im sure it will. Aside from that I think we need another middle forward. Our go forward sucks.
Coaching -
Need a new game plan. There isnt any threat. we shift the ball off no go forward and then shift it straight back.

possm

Coach
Now this year is offical over....
What changes need to be made ? Coach obviously centres and fg prop or a few....
Seems like a lot weaker side in 2020 if that’s possible... Widdop gone maybe graham ? And no signings yet...

If no changes are made will anyone be renewing there membership? Reasons to why ?
One thing that MUST be done is to 'rest' our deadwood/tired players and promote those we want to see playing first grage e.g. Timm, Ford etc.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Is there any link to the article about the huge amount of players supposedly being let go? I’m all for getting rid of dead wood but in the case of Korbin and Leilua, who is going to come here that’s better? And will Korbin getting arsed affect Tariq?

Reactions: Btk

draco

Juniors
If no changes are made will anyone be renewing there membership?
Nope. If the status quo remains, I will definitely NOT be rolling over my membership this year.

Once I marched with pride as a True Believer, now I am just stumbling along with the rest of the Walking Dead.

Sadly, when on my morning walk the other day this random construction dude said to me (as I was wearing my member's cap as usual) "who gave you that cap ha! ha!".

I just replied "yeah, just some guy who doesn't want it back anymore".

If you glance over this forum from time to time BJ, I'd like you to know I grew up in Mendooran near Dunedoo in the 60's so I followed your career closely. I loved to watch you and Michael Beattie play together. Magnificient.You guys bled for the Red V and were indeed my heroes back in the day.

Shameful to see what our proud club has now become.

Come on Brian, now it really is time for you to once again step up to the plate for the Dragons.

DO SOMETHING.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Nope. If the status quo remains, I will definitely NOT be rolling over my membership this year.

Once I marched with pride as a True Believer, now I am just stumbling along with the rest of the Walking Dead.

Sadly, when on my morning walk the other day this random construction dude said to me (as I was wearing my member's cap as usual) "who gave you that cap ha! ha!".

I just replied "yeah, just some guy who doesn't want it back anymore".

If you glance over this forum from time to time BJ, I'd like you to know I grew up in Mendooran near Dunedoo in the 60's so I followed your career closely. I loved to watch you and Michael Beattie play together. Magnificient.You guys bled for the Red V and were indeed my heroes back in the day.

Shameful to see what our proud club has now become.

Come on Brian, now it really is time for you to once again step up to the plate for the Dragons.

DO SOMETHING.
Understand how you are feeling. That was a good centre combo. Fast and tough. That's what we need my memories Roy Ferguson from Wests the Penguin not fast but big hard to handle. At the moment we suck just need an honest recruitment team.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
We are really between a rock and a hard place.
On one hand, keeping McGregor as coach is going to impact not only our current playing group as they aren't buying what he is selling, but any future star signings or even retaining our current ones.
On the other hand, replacing McGregor is ultimately going to go down a similar path as we are on now with Barrett, and yes, no doubt he will he next.
In both scenarios, recruitement becomes a major concern and the growing discontent among the current playing group, will lead to requests for release.
I can foresee us fielding teams made up of inexperienced juniors mixed with journeymen seeking their final paycheck, aka Newcastle over the preceeding years. Unfortunately, Ww are unlikely to land a Ponga type player who could lead a resurgence.
At this stage our only confirmed departure is young Masters, wether the others are true or not will come to light over the next few weeks.
With our CC team well in contention for finals football, we find ourselves caught between giving the CC players a go in 1st grade at the expense of maybe a top 4 (or even top 2) finish, just for the "experience", and letting our 1st grade team fall into the abyss, which in turn has a knock on effect on recruiting.
Either way our hardship has only just begun, but stay strong people, support the players, they will do their best, even at the failings of our "mastercoach".

getsmarty

Immortal
We are really between a rock and a hard place.
On one hand, keeping McGregor as coach is going to impact not only our current playing group as they aren't buying what he is selling, but any future star signings or even retaining our current ones.
On the other hand, replacing McGregor is ultimately going to go down a similar path as we are on now with Barrett, and yes, no doubt he will he next.
In both scenarios, recruitement becomes a major concern and the growing discontent among the current playing group, will lead to requests for release.
I can foresee us fielding teams made up of inexperienced juniors mixed with journeymen seeking their final paycheck, aka Newcastle over the preceeding years. Unfortunately, Ww are unlikely to land a Ponga type player who could lead a resurgence.
At this stage our only confirmed departure is young Masters, wether the others are true or not will come to light over the next few weeks.
With our CC team well in contention for finals football, we find ourselves caught between giving the CC players a go in 1st grade at the expense of maybe a top 4 (or even top 2) finish, just for the "experience", and letting our 1st grade team fall into the abyss, which in turn has a knock on effect on recruiting.
Either way our hardship has only just begun, but stay strong people, support the players, they will do their best, even at the failings of our "mastercoach".

Nothing will change in regards to McGregor...new assistant[s}..Barrett...maybe HPU gone...

Aitken is here to stay while Mcgregor is in charge...

Dufty/Host/Lats and a few others will be leaving/told to look elsewhere...........

The situation is dire..... We need a drastic drop in crowd numbers/memberships for these mules to take any notice................

Bench
If there is going to be a big clean out, firstly get rid of players in the CC who will never be a first grade player, promote our best juniors to the CC, We might not be so competitive in the CC but we will have better options for the Bench. We never aee going to attract a good proven first grader whilst the club is a joke.
I hope McIdiot is gone before 2020 as he is not or ever will be a successful coach.
Look at Manly under Barrett and under Hasler. That shows what a good coach can do.
Look at Garrick, never got a run here but now is a very good winger.
If we continue next year with McIdiot don’t expect anything will change.
I don’t expect our club is going to take quite a few seasons to rebuild

qld redvee

Juniors
have to agree with 2010 .. we will have to keep bringing our juniors through into CC and hope they have what it takes to push for a first grade spot ( should be the norm anyway )
You would think that allgood Nicholls and maranta will not be renewed on top of robson and widdop and latimore confirmed going. then we have possibly Field Host Timms and potentially others being tapped on shoulder question mark kerr kaufusi and by cripes its looking like a fire sale from hell. so we need to promote from within and attempt to look outside to fill the gaps BUT not journeymen.
Also depending on JDB and his court case date what do we do ?? if his trial date is say late july 2020 do you keep him on the books ?? I dont think we can carry a spot hoping that the trial will be over without appeals .. To quote Mr possm its a MESS

BLM01

First Grade
Jai Arrow would be the one to get to replace JDB. I would also go AJ Brimson for fullback. Peachey would also be a good centre option for Saints.
Id take those 2 at a pinch but they will be the ones they keep and not clean out. Arrow at 1 mill a season i think is up there but we cant afford him
Outside those 2 I'd take Ryan James, Don and maybe Fotaiku whatever his name is and Hipgrave

Como Connection

First Grade
Id take those 2 at a pinch but they will be the ones they keep and not clean out. Arrow at 1 mill a season i think is up there but we cant afford him
Outside those 2 I'd take Ryan James, Don and maybe Fotaiku whatever his name is and Hipgrave
Peachey would be my first target for sure.
CC