What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not in my book, I'm not one to slurp on the past. He elected to find his fortune elsewhere and that's all fine by me, I wish him well. I just don't see him figuring at the Eels in the future.

you'd rather see him play against us ?

its a no brainier for mine, if he wants to come back we'll fit him in

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Where would you play him?

we've already done this,

I'd have Fergo at FB and Semi and Sivo on the wing, Guth to Jenkos spot.

these guys, Gutho especially, tend to move around a lot so the number on their back doesn't mean much, Sivo has been playing a lot of centre lately,

Gutho and Fergo can rotate as Fergo likes to take the first hit up rather than run it up from FB

like Freddy said about Turbo in SOO, just get him in the team somewhere and they'll sort themselves out and Turbo did pretty well

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Semi is a great player but probably wants $750k to $1million. While Sivo is rumoured to be negotiating a new contract for $1million over 3 years. Is semi really going to offer $500k or so more value (per year then Sivo)?

Our back line line is pretty much set except for Jennings spot and I don’t reckon we need to break the bank to fill that spot.

Apart from our chasing of a couple of middle forwards, I reckon a decent second hooker is more important then chasing Semi and would provide as much impact as semi wouId.

In the last 20 or so mins, I reckon it would be great to bring on an “Issac Luke” type hooker. Mahoney players first 60. Gives that extra attack around the ruck when the game is normally in the balance. Probably something we are currently lacking.

Snoochies

First Grade
Lets hope it works out better than when we brought our other prodigal son back home, this one would cost us a lot more.

84 Baby

Referee
Semi is a great player but probably wants $750k to $1million. While Sivo is rumoured to be negotiating a new contract for $1million over 3 years. Is semi really going to offer $500k or so more value (per year then Sivo)?

Our back line line is pretty much set except for Jennings spot and I don’t reckon we need to break the bank to fill that spot.

Apart from our chasing of a couple of middle forwards, I reckon a decent second hooker is more important then chasing Semi and would provide as much impact as semi wouId.

In the last 20 or so mins, I reckon it would be great to bring on an “Issac Luke” type hooker. Mahoney players first 60. Gives that extra attack around the ruck when the game is normally in the balance. Probably something we are currently lacking.
If Semi is even semi-available, I’d be incredibly disappointed if the club didn’t put some leg work into the possibility. If that proves he’d unbalance squad or is unaffordable, so be it, given how they’ve operated so far this year I’d trust their judgment.

On the hooker thing, a Kingston clone would be handy, but apart from that anyone know how Schneider is progressing? Could we pop him on bench next season?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Semi is even semi-available, I’d be incredibly disappointed if the club didn’t put some leg work into the possibility. If that proves he’d unbalance squad or is unaffordable, so be it, given how they’ve operated so far this year I’d trust their judgment.

On the hooker thing, a Kingston clone would be handy, but apart from that anyone know how Schneider is progressing? Could we pop him on bench next season?

Of course make enquires / consider making offer if price is suitable but just don’t think we are that desperate for him.

Actually reckon Issac Luke would be a good option (NZ aren’t keeping him apparently), yeah he is getting towards the veteran stage but we would only need him to play 20-25 mins each week. And is normally fairly good defensively additionally he adds some nice experience / leadership to our squad. Also he wouldn’t block Schneider if he is ready (Luke wouldn’t cost to much )

Latest posts