What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barrett to Panthers

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
giphy.gif

Just read on Foxsports that Barrett has linked up with Cleary at Penrith.
All I can say is "Thank goodness"!!
His recent statements in the media taking credit for Manly's revival made me cringe.
Even if what he was saying was partly true, why would you front the media and make those claims?
He was on a hiding to nothing as soon as he opened his mouth.
It shows a lack of media culture and class which is so important for a head coach.
So any idea of Barrett being the next coach of St. George has now been scuppered which is a relief.
Even though the Board and their media pals remain staunchly in McGregor's corner, results may ultimately prove too much of a burden for them to carry for another 2 years.
I think that is what will happen and McGregor will be shown the door.
Giving McGregor a free ride in 2019 just made McGregor comfortable with the post extension results telling a sorry tale.
With Barrett no longer on the radar, we may be getting closer to hiring a real coach.
One lives in hope.