What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

T-Boon

Coach
So your awareness has now been raised to this charity, sounds like that achieved the desired result then!

The charity/organisation they should be promoting on that spot each week is themselves. Get that awareness out there. They should aim to double their crowd. Spave off the Giants.
At least make the logo a lot bigger. The logo should be the biggest thing on the jersey. It should be much bigger than the advertisement billboard.
The most recognisable thing on the Dallas Cowboys outfit is the lone star. People see the lone star and they think Dallas Cowboys. The biggest sports organisation in the world.

unforgiven

Bench
The charity they should be promoting on that spot each week is themselves. Get that awareness out there. They should aim to double there crowd.
The Canberra Raiders are not a charity, organisations like sporting clubs should support other organisations that benefit society!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Beats me how people not in the know would work out who they were?
To anyone with eyesight, the CAN (on Fox) and RAIDERS (on Nine) were the giveaway.

If you are blind, club colours would be irrelevant and the commentators constantly saying "Raiders" would have helped.
upload_2019-8-28_21-11-10-png.32580

upload_2019-8-28_21-18-33-png.32581

Now please, shut up.

Timmah

Staff member
Only on this thread. Not when watching the footy. I suggest most of the audience doesn't access this website!? But I may be wrong? They probably all do!
This is not the only rugby league website, stop being deliberately foolish.

T-Boon

Coach
So T-Boon and Stallion are in agreement... f**k charities! WEAR MORE GREEN!!

I don't think I have commented at all about Canberra... but I will say the charity would have gotten more out of the situation if NRL jerseys had a better/cleaner reputation. NRL jerseys have a dirty old trampy billboard reputation.

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think I have commented at all about Canberra... but I will say the charity would have gotten more out of the situation if NRL jerseys had a better/cleaner reputation. NRL jerseys have a dirty old trampy billboard reputation.
Is that why NRL merch outsells AFL merch?

sempmrh

Juniors
To anyone with eyesight, the CAN (on Fox) and RAIDERS (on Nine) were the giveaway.

If you are blind, club colours would be irrelevant and the commentators constantly saying "Raiders" would have helped.
upload_2019-8-28_21-11-10-png.32580

upload_2019-8-28_21-18-33-png.32581

Now please, shut up.
The Fox Sports score bug also changes depending on the colours each team is wearing.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Pretty sure you did... The below is most definitely about the Raiders...

The charity got exactly what it wanted out of it - We're all aware of Deaf Australia now, which would've been the main aim of the exercise.

The charity/organisation they should be promoting on that spot each week is themselves. Get that awareness out there. They should aim to double their crowd. Spave off the Giants.
At least make the logo a lot bigger. The logo should be the biggest thing on the jersey. It should be much bigger than the advertisement billboard.
The most recognisable thing on the Dallas Cowboys outfit is the lone star. People see the lone star and they think Dallas Cowboys. The biggest sports organisation in the world.

T-Boon

Coach
Pretty sure you did... The below is most definitely about the Raiders...

The charity got exactly what it wanted out of it - We're all aware of Deaf Australia now, which would've been the main aim of the exercise.

Hey bro, your right. My bad. You been watching Hard Knocks. Good show, gotta love Gruden. I think they have a big year. Did Tevon Coney make the 53?

ACTPanthers

Bench
Hey bro, your right. My bad. You been watching Hard Knocks. Good show, gotta love Gruden. I think they have a big year. Did Tevon Coney make the 53?

I've watched bits and pieces (what I can with work and family commitments anyway) but it's been brilliant - I've always been a pretty big suporter of Gruden - Nah, I don't think he did - Whitehead took the most snaps and he looks promising

The Great Dane

First Grade

The NFL's (and American sports in general's) refusal to have sponsors on their uniforms (though that is changing) is only made possible by their willingness to make concessions with how long the game takes to play by creating stoppages for ads to be played in.

Obviously I only speak for myself (though I'd be willing to bet I speak for the majority), but I much rather that the team wears a Huawei logo on their bellies then each game take half a day to play because we've artificially lengthened it to fit a shit ton of ads in it.

Sure the Americans do a lot of things way better then we do when it comes to professional sports, but when it comes to emulating American sports you should be very careful what you wish for...