What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

unforgiven

Bench
Missing the point. Casual and new fans to the code will not be aware of this. They are confused. And fans whom see their club in a certain look can be pissed off as well. The consistency of look is probably the main point missed here. It does no favours for universal recognition.

Not missing your point at all, just think your point is stupid. I can promise you no new fans were lost by this and I have not heard one Canberra fan complain. Universal recognition? It was one week to promote a charity and it worked!

Stallion

First Grade
Not missing your point at all, just think your point is stupid. I can promise you no new fans were lost by this and I have not heard one Canberra fan complain. Universal recognition? It was one week to promote a charity and it worked!

? Worked . I had no idea what the look change was about when watching the game! Only found out from this thread! Pretty sure unaware fans would not know about the charity either. The look of a club is important and the consistency is moreso for recognition purposes. We disagree.

unforgiven

Bench
? Worked . I had no idea what the look change was about when watching the game! Only found out from this thread! Pretty sure unaware fans would not know about the charity either. The look of a club is important and the consistency is moreso for recognition purposes. We disagree.
Do you know about the charity now?

flippikat

Bench
On that kit actually, I hope the Cowboys can go to ISC and say, can we start with this as the 'inspiration' for next year's home jersey... change the green to grey or yellow, and remove the 'Deaf Australia' imprint design, and you have a really nice kit which pay homage to the 1995 kit but is also different.

1435732-1200.jpg

Precisely.

With a new home stadium opening next year, the time is right for the Cowboys to go "back to the future" and launch a clean 'block & stripes' design like the above one with yellow substituted for green.

There's scope for 3 jerseys..

* Home - navy block on top - white on rest of jersey

* Away - White block on top, navy on rest of jersey

* Alternate - with either yellow on top or bottom, and navy on the other part.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Oh dear god... The commentators mentioned it about 1000 times during the broadcast. How did you not hear about it? I'm starting to really doubt you even watched the game at all...

It was a one off jersey that will benefit the charity involved greatly. The benefits for Deaf Australia far outweigh the negative impact to the Canberra Raiders identity. If you can't, or refuse to see that, there's nothing anyone can do to help you...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was mentioned by Fox and Nine on their broadcasts multiple times.
I've already shown you the scorebugs on the screen and you've chosen to ignore.

This isn't about disagreement, you are flat out spouting untrue claims.

Stallion

First Grade
Oh dear god... The commentators mentioned it about 1000 times during the broadcast. How did you not hear about it? I'm starting to really doubt you even watched the game at all...

It was a one off jersey that will benefit the charity involved greatly. The benefits for Deaf Australia far outweigh the negative impact to the Canberra Raiders identity. If you can't, or refuse to see that, there's nothing anyone can do to help you...

The caller on ABC mentioned how innapropriate the jumper look was for the Raiders. That was plenty of times. But we don't listen to that stuff ! Do we?

sempmrh

Juniors
If a club can't survive a week of wearing something other than their primary colours then their brand can't have been very strong to begin with.

And the AFL is almost as bad as the NRL when it comes to one-off jerseys these days. Richmond has one of the most iconic looks in the league and even they've messed around and worn at least five different jumpers this year. A team like St Kilda throws their colours out for a week every year and wears purple instead - for charity no less. The Western Bulldogs wore a Thor jumper this year. I haven't heard of anyone getting confused or upset about those changes (the Bulldogs' Thor jumper maybe) and I live in Victoria.

Stallion

First Grade
It was mentioned by Fox and Nine on their broadcasts multiple times.
I've already shown you the scorebugs on the screen and you've chosen to ignore.

This isn't about disagreement, you are flat out spouting untrue claims.

Still not getting the point. My point is about seeing the Raiders club on tv and it being recognised on tv. The outfit ,though with same colorings, was not representative of the Raiders main look . Beats me how people not in the know would work out who they were? Recognition of the club colours is where this comment is at. The charity can please itself but the football club still deserves priority from a club perspective.

unforgiven

Bench
The caller on ABC mentioned how innapropriate the jumper look was for the Raiders. That was plenty of times. But we don't listen to that stuff ! Do we?
On the radio lol, you are kidding me? you realise that people listening on the radio can't even see the jersey? It has been pointed out to you a number of times that it was mentioned a lot of times on the television coverage!

unforgiven

Bench
Only on this thread. Not when watching the footy. I suggest most of the audience doesn't access this website!? But I may be wrong? They probably all do!
So your awareness has now been raised to this charity, sounds like that achieved the desired result then!

Stallion

First Grade
On the radio lol, you are kidding me? you realise that people listening on the radio can't even see the jersey? It has been pointed out to you a number of times that it was mentioned a lot of times on the television coverage!

It (the Raiders jumper colour)was criticised openly and repeatedly on ABC Radio.

unforgiven

Bench
The charity can please itself but the football club still deserves priority from a club perspective.
Why does it? The club obviously decided that they were willing to forego that for the benefit of this worthwhile organisation>
Still not getting the point. My point is about seeing the Raiders club on tv and it being recognised on tv. The outfit ,though with same colorings, was not representative of the Raiders main look . Beats me how people not in the know would work who they were.
Because the Commentators mentioned why the Raiders were wearing a different jersey many times, pretty easy to work out!

I find it ridiculous that the person sooking about this the most listened to the game on the radio!

Stallion

First Grade
So your awareness has now been raised to this charity, sounds like that achieved the desired result then!

Missing the point. The tv awareness of the Raiders look received no favours from such a colour change. That's it. Nothing against the charity. Just didn't help widespread tecoglorious of the Raiders in.my opinion and others .

ACTPanthers

Bench
@Stallion You quote my post but only reply to a very small part of it... This makes me assume you agree with the point that the benefit for Deaf Australia far outweighs any negative impact on the Raiders image? I'm glad we now agree...

unforgiven

Bench
Missing the point. The tv awareness of the Raiders look received no favours from such a colour change. That's it. Nothing against the charity. Just didn't help widespread tecoglorious of the Raiders in.my opinion and others .
Its not missing the point, in you opinion it is more important for the club to maintain its colour scheme then to raise awareness for a very worthwhile charity that had its government funding cut, that says a lot about you as a person in my opinion!

You asked how the strategy worked and I proved it did by using you as evidence!

ACTPanthers

Bench
Hang on, I'm a little confused here...

You say ABC Radio were very against it (even though LISTENERS of this wouldn't have SEEN the jersey, but I digress) but then go on to say you couldn't recognise the team as the Raiders on the TV coverage... So which was it? Were you listening to the radio? Or watching on TV? Did you even watch/listen to the game at all...?