What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Stallion

First Grade
This is not the only rugby league website, stop being deliberately foolish.

Nor is it the only medium!? Just like ABC Radio (which is ridiculed by some on this thread ) A valid discourse being bullied by those whom can bully I suggest.

Stallion

First Grade
Its not missing the point, in you opinion it is more important for the club to maintain its colour scheme then to raise awareness for a very worthwhile charity that had its government funding cut, that says a lot about you as a person in my opinion!

You asked how the strategy worked and I proved it did by using you as evidence!

How pathetic. Trying to be a hero are we? I've got no issues with any charity. You have issues with effective promotion and marketing of a club and its look.

ACTPanthers

Bench
How pathetic. Trying to be a hero are we? I've got no issues with any charity. You have issues with effective promotion and marketing of a club and its look.

So you've got no problem with any charity, as long as there is no impact to club marketing?

Well, that's the end of the discussion then... Because there was literally NO impact to the Raiders brand because of this jersey.

axl rose

Bench
These days, that appears only to occur on Grand Final day - if at all (i think last year they had sideline mats for the clubs instead?).

NRL HQ decided it was insulting to the women's final being played so they were off the field.

Stallion

First Grade
So you've got no problem with any charity, as long as there is no impact to club marketing?

Well, that's the end of the discussion then... Because there was literally NO impact to the Raiders brand because of this jersey.

Lol. Alot of people did not recognize who was playing on Sunday. To some that doesn't matter. (like you)To others ? It does.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Lol. Alot of people did not recognize who was playing on Sunday. To some that doesn't matter. (like you)To others ? It does.

You're making that up - Literally not one person I have spoken with have expressed any confusion about the jersey - As has been stated on multiple occasions, the charitable jersey was well publicised game - Everyone knew about it

Anyway, that wasn't even a point of my post - My point was, and remains, that there was absolutely no impact to the Raiders image, imagined by you or otherwise.

carcharias

Immortal
You're making that up - Literally not one person I have spoken with have expressed any confusion about the jersey - As has been stated on multiple occasions, the charitable jersey was well publicised game - Everyone knew about it

Anyway, that wasn't even a point of my post - My point was, and remains, that there was absolutely no impact to the Raiders image, imagined by you or otherwise.

I had no idea it was Canberra
I thought it was the cowboys.
I was watching a tv on the wall of a pub.... so I wasn’t watching closely.
When I asked a mate who was watching we had the conversation about the jersey and how it looked like the cowboys...or brumbies more likely.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I had no idea it was Canberra
I thought it was the cowboys.
I was watching a tv on the wall of a pub.... so I wasn’t watching closely.
When I asked a mate who was watching we had the conversation about the jersey and how it looked like the cowboys...or brumbies more likely.
The score bugs didn't tip you off that it wasn't the Cowboys? Or Brumbies for that matter? Did you figure out it was for a charity in the end? Do you now know about the charity? That's exactly what they wanted.

(this bit isn't directed at you Carch)
People are forgetting this was for a CHARITY - Any, if there was any, negative impact on the Raiders image is absolutely negligible because it was for a CHARITY

carcharias

Immortal
The score bugs didn't tip you off that it wasn't the Cowboys? Or Brumbies for that matter? Did you figure out it was for a charity in the end? Do you now know about the charity? That's exactly what they wanted.

(this bit isn't directed at you Carch)
People are forgetting this was for a CHARITY - Any, if there was any, negative impact on the Raiders image is absolutely negligible because it was for a CHARITY

Mate to be honest I was in the pub celebrating my sons grand final win.
I didn’t look at the score on the tv.
I just looked at the teams and immediately thought cowboys v Manly.

I worked out who it was ( I was told ) but just thought it was some sort of stupid jersey made by some design mob without a clue .

ACTPanthers

Bench

I worked out who it was ( I was told ) but just thought it was some sort of stupid jersey made by some design mob without a clue .
That's fair enough mate - If you had of been able to hear the broadcast, it was talked about a lot - This is the reason I actually doubt Stallion even watched (or listened to) the game - If he had, as he has claimed, it would've become quite obvious pretty quickly.

isavedtheday

Juniors
@rljerseys.png
They are. I doubt Parra has worn the same jersey two games in a row. We have 5 jerseys this season.

Parramatta's jersey's worn so far this year from left (rd 1) to right.

Only the Raiders, Bulldogs, Sharks, Dragons and lately, the Panthers wear their home strip predominately from week to week. Even in away games. All other teams wear an away or alternate when playing away.

The Warriors seem to be the worst. In rounds 3 & 4 they wore their home jersey, other than that, they have used a different jersey every week.

T-Boon

Coach
No I don't, but I think that can take a backseat when they have partnered with a charity. The charity was using the Raiders larger recognition to build their awareness to the general public and has you have proven it was a successful strategy?

deafinitely

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nor is it the only medium!? Just like ABC Radio (which is ridiculed by some on this thread ) A valid discourse being bullied by those whom can bully I suggest.
ABC radio is ridiculed because you're complaining about visual identity on an aural medium. And you're not being bullied, you're being disagreed with and you can't handle people challenging your opinion.

Timmah

Staff member

I fear for your knowledge of the game if a mostly white jersey has you confused as to who the club is.

Did you think the Panthers were the away team at Shark Park last Saturday?
I still do know who the charity was or what they represented
That represents you not paying attention and not caring, not that it was a poor strategy

carcharias

Immortal
I fear for your knowledge of the game if a mostly white jersey has you confused as to who the club is.

Did you think the Panthers were the away team at Shark Park last Saturday?

That represents you not paying attention and not caring, not that it was a poor strategy

Oh f**k off timmah
It looked a f**king cowboys jersey or a brumbies and nothing like a raiders jersey.
Like I said
I didn’t look at the score ... not that I could see it because the tv was on a wall across the room.
Maybe you’ve got bionic vision
I was there to celebrate my son winning his grand final.

Yeeww

Timmah

Staff member
Oh f**k off timmah
It looked a f**king cowboys jersey or a brumbies and nothing like a raiders jersey.
Like I said
I didn’t look at the score ... not that I could see it because the tv was on a wall across the room.

Yeeww
So you proved my point in the last line. You don't care and don't pay attention lol

Rooster8

Juniors
Oh f**k off timmah
Like I said

Yeeww
BuT sHaRkS aRe BlUe
b57d70afa1690ab3911f78129e261db7.jpg
sharks14womenfront.jpg