What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Absolutely,

I don't expect any announcements other than the review process taking place following the proper season end. All we have heard from the recent media, is that Mary has not been assured of his role. No more, no less.

As you say Flano.. yet to be cleared to register again. Ryles in the semis mix along with Fitzgibbon and JD...

Then there's the issue of Mary and his payout.

Call me sceptical, but I wouldn't be surprised if BJ invited the calls from Buzz and co, to buy time, and appear proactive.

I maintain, that at the end of the day, the Club will stick with him for at least the first half of the season.

No offence Tru but l hope you are wrong, mate.
There is no valid reason to keep him one for next season.
Either way, he has to be paid out and BJ should be sacked because of it.

If McGregor stays ....................... 2020 is a right off, simple as.

OR we could be proactive and appoint another coach and make a go of 2020.
The fans want it, so would the sponsors.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
This is exactly correct. Even if he wins 6 from 6 what does that tell us. Nothing.
All it does is destroy next year. Coaching coming in late with no choice over team or pre season. Will be another bottom 8 finish if he's in charge at any point next year
Yep it really is a nonsense ...if you were an athletic coach who would give a toss where your runners were placed at the half way mark in The Marathon.....its where they are at the finish that defines a coach from an Imposter.......sadly for us we have the latter

I all seriousness. This sub forum I much less heavily moderated than other sections of the forum. I think the mods in here strike a really nice balance.

If you start taking liberties, what do you think happens?

Please don’t f**k up a good thing.

And your entitled to your opinion as am I.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Just watching NRL360 on Fox.....Kent is still pushing the JDB excuse and Widdops injury and Grahams injury etc etc and a rookie backline.....and where did Manly come last year and look at them now blah blah at no time did he indicate or suggest that our Imposter did an abysmal job.....he started by saying that he believed that McGregor would be there next year because they cant afford to pay him out...and further they couldnt come up with the money for JDB.so they wont have the money for McGregor.....as I said earlier today I will believe it when it happens...untill then sadly Im not getting to excited

jeffdragon

Bench
Just watching NRL360 on Fox.....Kent is still pushing the JDB excuse and Widdops injury and Grahams injury etc etc and a rookie backline.....and where did Manly come last year and look at them now blah blah at no time did he indicate or suggest that our Imposter did an abysmal job.....he started by saying that he believed that McGregor would be there next year because they cant afford to pay him out...and further they couldnt come up with the money for JDB.so they wont have the money for McGregor.....as I said earlier today I will believe it when it happens...untill then sadly Im not getting to excited
I keep hearing we don't have the money to pay him out
I hope we do.
Doesn't Bruce Gordon the owner have plenty.
Surely he'd have enough.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I keep hearing we don't have the money to pay him out
I hope we do.
Doesn't Bruce Gordon the owner have plenty.
Surely he'd have enough.
You would think so Jeff...theres more to this rumored sacking than meets the eye.....sadly I dont think its going to happen anytime soon

Last edited:
Kent is an idiot.
Opinionated lightweight.
I wish some of the champion journos were still around (Mossop, Frilingos for example), they would have this guy for breakfast.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Another spin by James Graham on NRL360 tonight about McGregor.... (Graham) well we respond to him like I said last week against The Roosters he gave us a spray at halftime and we won the second half..,really James they put 34 on us and last week the WestTigers put 42 on us and we got flogged in both games.....seriously I cant believe how these blokes can sit there and expect us to swallow this crap

Gareth67

First Grade
I only hope that Gordon’s son has been in touch with his old man to tell him that he will need to open his wallet and pay out the maestro. And also throw a few more dollars the Dragons way so as we can at the very least attract some decent players.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sorry forgot to add....on NRL360 tonight when Kent was talking and defending McGregor and us and what will happen with our performances in 2020 he said look at Manly last year they finished 15th and look at them this year.....err Paul thats because they replaced Barrett with Hasler....or did you forget to notice that

NRLMad

Juniors
Flanagan. He’s the best. No attachment no strings no nonsense look and coach. Been impressed by McGuire also - really turned around a beat team. Benji is on fire!!!!!

to_ddeath

Coach
Don't post like that.
We all have our hopes up.
Let us dream.
A summer of discontent if that is true.

4 from 6? After 1 finals win from 6 years? What kind of tiddlywinks BS is that?
It’s like saying...do a bit better or I’ll hit you with a wet lettuce leaf.
FFS...

denis preston

First Grade
Johnston and the Board must also take responsibility for their poor management of this issue. They extended Mary another two years early in the season for no apparent reason other than to say he is the best man for the job.

As I have said on many occasions before, deals were done and Mary's will be on his way; with over 1m in his pocket as a golden handshake.

On the bright side, we may be now able to hold onto some discontented players and get rid of some very poor performers.

There is no real reason to wait until after next week's game to start the review. Management can start it now so that the new coach can start the huge job of sorting this mess.

For once totally agree that it is a mess Poss ! Need to get rid of him ASAP to quell the damage and retain Timm etc and find another home even if we pay some of their salary for Lafai & Aitkin .