What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
I read it as 580k over 2 years so 290k per year, which is pretty good imo
His form last year was diabolical. Early 2019 he was pretty good but that injury has certainly taken him backwards. Fingers crossed he can regain early season form and maintain same for a further two years. Should that be the case $290k per year isnt ott. His recent interview was promising re his mind set. Lets go Jenko!

Gronk

Staff member
Michael Jennings is set to snub an offer from Canterbury to re-sign with Parramatta on a new two-year deal.
It means the 31-year-old will remain at the Eels until the end of 2021 in a huge boost for Brad Arthur’s side.

But it can be revealed that the sticking point for the centre was that the Dogs could only offer him a one-year deal as opposed to the Eels’ strong two-year proposal.

“Hopefully this week I’ll sign the contract and that’s it.

“I definitely didn’t want to go anywhere else. I’ve found a home here now and settled in. Things are going well.

“The Doggies were close. They weren’t too far away.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...71f48e2?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

IFR33K

Coach
I reckon he has done a good job for us this year, particularly in defense (and partic with a rookie outside him). And the bloke outside him is close to the top of the try-scoring table. Can't be that washed up.

Funny you posted that. MJ has been suspended for 2 games and injured for 4/5 games. He’s had a direct hand in two of sivos tries. I don’t know how you can suggest sivos close to top try scorers because of MJ. Yes he’s been solid in defence but our ‘go to’ play when going down mj’s edge, is to cut MJ out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Funny you posted that. MJ has been suspended for 2 games and injured for 4/5 games. He’s had a direct hand in two of sivos tries. I don’t know how you can suggest sivos close to top try scorers because of MJ. Yes he’s been solid in defence but our ‘go to’ play when going down mj’s edge, is to cut MJ out.
Jennings should be named the Pope, he never passes the pill.

IFR33K

Coach
Jennings should be named the Pope, he never passes the pill.

MJ himself stated he didn’t do well last season and wasn’t watching what he ate and whatever else he said. Amazing in a contract year he turned it around and the usual suspects are blowing their load over him.

I didn't suggest that Sivo's close to top try scorer 'because' of MJ. I am suggesting that he wouldn't be close to top try scorer if there was a washed up player inside him (yuk) for many games.

MJ himself stated he didn’t do well last season and wasn’t watching what he ate and whatever else he said. Amazing in a contract year he turned it around and the usual suspects are blowing their load over him.

And once more, you go over the top. Nobody is blowing their load over him. Simply questioning your assertion that he is washed up does not constitute blowing one's load. People are allowed to disagree with you (and vice versa).

IFR33K

Coach
And once more, you go over the top. Nobody is blowing their load over him. Simply questioning your assertion that he is washed up does not constitute blowing one's load. People are allowed to disagree with you (and vice versa).

I have no issues with you disagreeing (on a constant basis mind you). But you certainly like to push your views across consistently. All I’m stating is that he’s getting on and not a shadow of the player he once was.

And without turning this into an argument you were suggesting sivos try scoring feats are somehow related to MJ. But it’s all good, you certainly are entitled to an opinion.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Case in point.

What you think that’s terrible? That’s on an edge with 3 different halves during the year, then a rookie 19 year old , a new edge forward and time out with an injury.

You have suggested chasing Ramien, who’s career best is only 10 tries in a season in 20 games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point is he's not stopping Sivo from scoring. In the modern game plenty of shift plays use the centre as a decoy. If the centre gets the ball he's usually got a defender right on him anyway and no time to throw a safe pass.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have no issues with you disagreeing (on a constant basis mind you). But you certainly like to push your views across consistently. All I’m stating is that he’s getting on and not a shadow of the player he once was.
He was the best centre in the world at his peak. At even half that level he's still top 17 quality.

IFR33K

Coach
What you think that’s terrible? That’s on an edge with 3 different halves during the year, then a rookie 19 year old , a new edge forward and time out with an injury.

You have suggested chasing Ramien, who’s career best is only 10 tries in a season in 20 games.

So you think he’s earned his $800 k price tag for this year? Or he should of delivered more?

emjaycee

Coach
The good thing about a team sport is that it involves more than one player to achieve its goals.

Sometimes some players over achieve and others under achieve. Some times the under performers are the highly paid ones and at other times it is the lower paid ones. Sometimes it is even both and the team run last.