What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 4th Test Australia v England, Old Trafford Sept 4-9

VictoryFC

Bench
I'd enforce follow on. Pitch looks tough batting at the moment.

It'll be much tougher to bat on tomorrow. Batting again gives our bowlers a decent rest. If we bowl them out with a lead of 200ish, we only need 100-150 runs and means we can even have another bowl tonight. Chasing 350 on here will be nigh on impossible (as it should have been in the last test but that was history defying).

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Look I’m a keen as anyone to see that f**kwit cop one in the throat but I’m guessing he’s going to have more trouble playing length balls that are doing a bit... let’s not fall in love with the short ball here...

icewind

Juniors
Wow prissy

The CDG reference was a joke

On the other I was referring more to the only other two players that MIGHT be considered Smith’s peers, Kohli and Williamson... Several teams haven’t played much test cricket

Smith is best, daylight second... if Williamson and Kohli had 10+ innings Smith would be third and closing

would bloody hope so. But hey, lets come back to this after kohli and williamson get to 10 innings. ;)

TIGER14

Bench
It'll be much tougher to bat on tomorrow. Batting again gives our bowlers a decent rest. If we bowl them out with a lead of 200ish, we only need 100-150 runs and means we can even have another bowl tonight. Chasing 350 on here will be nigh on impossible (as it should have been in the last test but that was history defying).

They are still 240 behind. They'll be lucky to get a lead of 100 let alone 350.
Foot to the throat imo.

VictoryFC

Bench
They are still 240 behind. They'll be lucky to get a lead of 100 let alone 350.
Foot to the throat imo.

I wouldn't mind either way. And with a lead of 200 I'm even slightly confident we wouldn't have to bat again. But I just think with so much time left, Paine is gonna give the bowlers a rest. We've seen previous captains regarded as attacking captains do the same thing in similar situations.

TIGER14

Bench
I wouldn't mind either way. And with a lead of 200 I'm even slightly confident we wouldn't have to bat again. But I just think with so much time left, Paine is gonna give the bowlers a rest. We've seen previous captains regarded as attacking captains do the same thing in similar situations.

Paine might be captain on paper in this game but in reality it's Smith. We won't make the dumb decisions we did at Headingly.

Bazal

Post Whore
Paine might be captain on paper in this game but in reality it's Smith. We won't make the dumb decisions we did at Headingly.

Even if that were true, it wouldn't make me feel any more confident about us not making dumb decisions....

VictoryFC

Bench

I guess we'll see but I'd be very surprised if he enforces follow on if have the chance. With the game situation, it just doesn't make sense to send bowlers in again so soon without it being necessary.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol what is that from Archer?

England paying for rushing him in well before he's ready

Latest posts