What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elimination Final vs Broncos Team list thread

Soto

Bench
When fergo was out and taka in, we seemed to attack down his end more and kicked towards takas wing more that sivos.
Anyone watch dogs v broncos?
Isaako has a knack of being off his wing a fair bit. Kick in behind him just like dylan brown did for Sivo the other night and also quick hands and let Sivo steamroll straight over him.
- Kick low to Oates. He is good for 1 or 2 knock ons a game.
- early ball to Waqa so he can smoke Alex Glenn.
- offloads to run their big fwds around. Their lateral movement is not the best.
- Man up everytime Haas and Fifita get the ball.
- don't think it would be a bad idea to also kick on the 3rd or 4th and turn them around. Again make their fwds do a lot of work off the ball.
- rush milford so he cant get his spiral bombs away.
- Target Milford with attacking bombs. He is not the best jumper..

eels_fan

First Grade
Gal just said on 100% Footy that whilst initially annoyed that the Sharks got a shorter turnaround than everyone and wanted their game on Sunday, he has since found out of the winner of Sunday’s game has to backup on Friday night, whereas as the winner on Saturday night gets another Saturday night.

In what world could it possibly be true that one team gets a 5 day and another a 7 day heading into the semis when you could give them both 6 days?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gal just said on 100% Footy that whilst initially annoyed that the Sharks got a shorter turnaround than everyone and wanted their game on Sunday, he has since found out of the winner of Sunday’s game has to backup on Friday night, whereas as the winner on Saturday night gets another Saturday night.

In what world could it possibly be true that one team gets a 5 day and another a 7 day heading into the semis when you could give them both 6 days?
Welcome to the wonderful world of the NRL, where commonsense and fairness are out the door.

hindy111

Post Whore
Welcome to the wonderful world of the NRL, where commonsense and fairness are out the door.

Lol surely they couldn't be that stupid.
I mean that would be ridiculous. A 5 day turn around in finals lol. No point on playing this weekend if the case. Would be a huge f**k up

Happy MEel

First Grade
Found this interesting. Whilst we don’t have the most experienced finals side, we’re certainly not the least experienced.

hindy111

Post Whore
If the winner of Parra game gets a 5 day turnaround in a fiunal series that will do me.
Why wouldn't you swap it with other game so both sides who finished outside top 4 get a 6 day turnaround?
Moronic. Surely could not be that unprofessional ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

channel 9 set the fixtures while the NRL just bend over for them

its all about the ratings, they dont give a shit about turn arounds

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don’t think the scheduling for week 2 has been confirmed yet (except game on Friday / Saturday).

I havent seen anything to suggest Gallen is correct (or wrong)

hindy111

Post Whore
channel 9 set the fixtures while the NRL just bend over for them

its all about the ratings, they dont give a shit about turn arounds

Imagine the NFL pulled a stunt like this.
5 day turnarounds are f**king ridiculous in normal rounds in a physical sport like NRL and potentially dangerous. The intensity in a finals match goes up a level. I still dont believe it personaly. I reckon we will play Saturday. Cant be that moronic.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I still dont believe it personaly. I reckon we will play Saturday. Cant be that moronic.

It’s also not just the turn around but the travel.

For the final on the other side it will be in Sydney no matter what, and there is 4 Sydney’s sides in our half. So no travel issues.

Us or broncos will also need to travel to Melbourne or Canberra. So sides would probably need to travel on Thursday only giving 3 days preparation.

Yeah wouId be surprising (and f**ken stupid!!), if it was true!!

Also how could you justify giving roosters / Souths a 8 day turn around but us / broncos 5 days .....

strider

Post Whore
It’s also not just the turn around but the travel.

For the final on the other side it will be in Sydney no matter what, and there is 4 Sydney’s sides in our half. So no travel issues.

Us or broncos will also need to travel to Melbourne or Canberra. So sides would probably need to travel on Thursday only giving 3 days preparation.

Yeah wouId be surprising (and f**ken stupid!!), if it was true!!
Well it is the NRL

Latest posts