What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Only because his victim changed her mind and story because he's not worth shit without an NRL contract.

Therein lies the core issue. If she had of given evidence and he had been convicted it was highly probable his contract his torn up so from her perspective she is between a rock and a hard place as are many woman in similar situations be they married to NRL players or otherwise. There is a belief in some circumstances there should be a case for having a matter determined as not proven as opposed to not guilty because let’s face it plenty of persons charged are found not guilty when if the truth be known they are as guilty as sin.

OldPanther

Coach
Therein lies the core issue. If she had of given evidence and he had been convicted it was highly probable his contract his torn up so from her perspective she is between a rock and a hard place as are many woman in similar situations be they married to NRL players or otherwise. There is a belief in some circumstances there should be a case for having a matter determined as not proven as opposed to not guilty because let’s face it plenty of persons charged are found not guilty when if the truth be known they are as guilty as sin.

Changing that wouldn't work though. It is considered a human right to be considered innocent until proven guilty in court.

Flashstep

Juniors
Me either but I look at who he replaced. Same age as Blake. Almost double the tries. Won a comp. Played SOO and tests so it is an improvement in the case

Well he’s also played like 40 games more than Blake and lets be honest he’s a long way away from ever playing origin or tests again, he was a gun at Souths but he’s been on a downwards trend for years, he’s pretty much the same level as Blake and tbh id much rather Blake if we had to choose.

Kilkenny

Coach
I am well aware this is a the Rumoured & Confirmed signings thread but just on the theme of signing dickheads there are degrees of criminality and to that degree what Russell Packer was convicted of and did a relatively small amount of jail time for was at the higher end of the scale. What Dylan Walker was charged with and ultimately found ‘not guilty’ was at the lower end of criminality albeit is was DV related which is not a good thing. Not making excuses for Dylan Walker but sadly the reality is some woman have the living daylights beaten out of them day in and day out. There was no suggestion of anywhere near that level of violence in the Walker situation and I think from memory he was alleged to have pushed his partner during a verbal type argument. Hopefully he learnt a valuable lesson from his experience and is a better person and husband for it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well he’s also played like 40 games more than Blake and lets be honest he’s a long way away from ever playing origin or tests again, he was a gun at Souths but he’s been on a downwards trend for years, he’s pretty much the same level as Blake and tbh id much rather Blake if we had to choose.

I'd rather someone with runs on the board than paying on potential. More games because Blake is always injured

Kilkenny

Coach
Changing that wouldn't work though. It is considered a human right to be considered innocent until proven guilty in court.

The presumption of innocence applies until the matter is heard and determined by a Court.

What I am saying is there is a school of thought that believes there may be a case for having a verdict of not proven as opposed to not guilty. OJ Simpson was found not guilty and I think most reasonably minded half intelligence persons would be well aware he was as guilty as sin and was certainly not innocent of the horrendous crimes he committed.

The administration of justice is not perfect, far from it, and we should not believe just because a person is found ‘not guilty’ doesn’t automatically follow they didn’t commit the crime or crimes with which they were charged.

Flashstep

Juniors
I'd rather someone with runs on the board than paying on potential. More games because Blake is always injured

Walker has injury issues also and besides if we really are signing him we’re hoping he gets back to the level he was at as a 21 year old from Souths so not much difference from Blake in that regard...

Kilkenny

Coach
In respect of signing Dylan Walker or otherwise he was certainly very good during his days with South Sydney Rabbitohs hence the fact he played SOO and Kangeroos.

I though he was older than 25 years as he seems to have been around for a while, same age as Waqa Blake only one month apart in age.

I guess if it does happen he is clearly better than any current centre we have at the club. Has a relationship with Trent Barrett so that would be a positive.

I think it really all depends on the money, length of the deal as to whether he represents good value. Time will tell I guess.

OldPanther

Coach
The presumption of innocence applies until the matter is heard and determined by a Court.

What I am saying is there is a school of thought that believes there may be a case for having a verdict of not proven as opposed to not guilty. OJ Simpson was found not guilty and I think most reasonably minded half intelligence persons would be well aware he was as guilty as sin and was certainly not innocent of the horrendous crimes he committed.

The administration of justice is not perfect, far from it, and we should not believe just because a person is found ‘not guilty’ doesn’t automatically follow they didn’t commit the crime or crimes with which they were charged.

The reason it is set up how it is, is to protect the innocent. The principle is that it is better to have some guilty go free than even a single innocent locked up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Walker has injury issues also and besides if we really are signing him we’re hoping he gets back to the level he was at as a 21 year old from Souths so not much difference from Blake in that regard...

He was playing 5/8th and GK just this year. Much different to Blake that needs someone to put him into gaps

Me either but I look at who he replaced. Same age as Blake. Almost double the tries. Won a comp. Played SOO and tests so it is an improvement in the case

He has 59 tries in 139 games = 0.43 a game

Blake has 37 tries in 95 games = 0.38 a game

Walker only has 5 tries in his last 29 games, 0.17 a game.

On top of this Walker played with a better halfback than we have.

And Blake is a much better defender. Not sure this is an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts