What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

parra pete

Referee
Waqa Blake, Maika Sivo...thanks Penny Panfers..Hope RCG is gonna be as good..Jack Hetherington would be handy too...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I was just thinking last night that Tepai was probably the best player on the field in that Final against Melbourne in 2007, before he left the field for his HIA.

He seems to relish the big stage...

Na, I thought hindy and fui were better!!

If only Inu got those tries......

Has anyone looked in the Panthers forum. There's a couple of blokes in there trying to convince everyone that Wanga is a dud and Naden is the better player anyway. Not everyone is buying it.

I've just popped over there and randomly 'liked' a few posts. They can't throw me in the swamp if I don't post anything.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Has anyone looked in the Panthers forum. There's a couple of blokes in there trying to convince everyone that Wanga is a dud and Naden is the better player anyway. Not everyone is buying it.
Naden is decent in attack but a ball hog and can’t defend for shit. The most surprising thing for me with Wanga for us has been his defence. It’s been very good.

IFR33K

Coach
He was certainly good early in the year, but he averaged 70m per game over the whole season.

https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/...rs/russell-packer&disp_year=2018#.XX9ioygzZPY

IIRC wests tigers were travelling well until packer picked up an injury that triggered a losing streak. He was playing ridiculously long minutes for a middle forward. I believe he was brought back in early to help the team out, but he was still playing with the niggling injury and wasn’t the same again. I suspect he wasn’t only there for his carries, but also there as a leader to lead the young pack around.

IFR33K

Coach
And IIRC his stats when he was "immense" were about high Mannah level.

Classic case of the grass being greener because we were losing.

Really? You think I’ve once implied we should of pursued packer? Never once have I said such a thing. I was pointing out that packer and the tigers started the year well, and the season derailed once he picked up an injury that kept him out for a decent amount of time. Coincidence, who knows? But I love your consistency with these type of posts.

BTW, Wayne Bennet was chasing packer to come to the broncos too. Twice I believe, and he was disappointed when he missed out on him too.

Bazal

Post Whore
Really? You think I’ve once implied we should of pursued packer? Never once have I said such a thing. I was pointing out that packer and the tigers started the year well, and the season derailed once he picked up an injury that kept him out for a decent amount of time. Coincidence, who knows? But I love your consistency with these type of posts.

BTW, Wayne Bennet was chasing packer to come to the broncos too. Twice I believe, and he was disappointed when he missed out on him too.

I never once said you had anything to do with wanting Packer and that's my bad if I accidentally came across that way.

I simply used your phrasing because that's about the time people on here were salivating over him.

Patience is a virtue is my point, not to have a shot at anyone. If I wanted to do that I'd just name them. Packer reverted to type, we are in a much better position than if we'd signed him

T.S Quint

Coach
Raiders will have 5 poms next year

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6318540/raiders-look-to-strengthen-england-ties/

I wonder if the NRL/ARL will want to have import limits at some stage.

There are teams with more than 5 New Zealanders, I'm sure.
I don't see much difference.

I hope they don't limit the number of imports. I think it strengthens the International game to have more of them playing in the NRL. Would be better for expansion as well to have more quality players available.

T.S Quint

Coach
except the fact that the Kiwis have a team that plays in the NRL

So?
If they didn't should we limit the amount of NZers in the NRL?

What would be the purpose of an import limit anyway? Afraid that those immigrants are taking all the jobs of poor hard-working Aussies?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So?
If they didn't should we limit the amount of NZers in the NRL?

What would be the purpose of an import limit anyway? Afraid that those immigrants are taking all the jobs of poor hard-working Aussies?

Generally because you don't want to improve other countries national teams.

Latest posts