What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Week 2 final v Storm

All year we have been a confidence team. Willing to back ourselves when we a playing with confidence to pull off the expansive plays successfully.

In his behind the scenes thing, BA made mention to the team that they need to trust themselves and that no one else plays our style of footy.

I am picking us to play our game, our way, despite the weather... the Parra way got us to 5th after 25 rounds. It got us past Manly in round 25 quite convincingly, it got us past Brisbane so dramatically. If it gets us past Melbourne whoohoo. If it doesnt, a change to how we have played all year wouldn't have either.

Go Parraball!!
Arthur won't give a flying f**k about the f**king weather!

84 Baby

Referee
All year we have been a confidence team. Willing to back ourselves when we a playing with confidence to pull off the expansive plays successfully.

In his behind the scenes thing, BA made mention to the team that they need to trust themselves and that no one else plays our style of footy.

I am picking us to play our game, our way, despite the weather... the Parra way got us to 5th after 25 rounds. It got us past Manly in round 25 quite convincingly, it got us past Brisbane so dramatically. If it gets us past Melbourne whoohoo. If it doesnt, a change to how we have played all year wouldn't have either.

Go Parraball!!
This.

If we play conservative, they’ll know they can get us.
If we play expansive, sure there may be some errors, but it’ll make them uncomfortable and hoping for mistakes, and if they’re hoping for mistakes then they won’t be in correct defensive mindset

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
This.

If we play conservative, they’ll know they can get us.
If we play expansive, sure there may be some errors, but it’ll make them uncomfortable and hoping for mistakes, and if they’re hoping for mistakes then they won’t be in correct defensive mindset

On 360 last night someone was saying that Canberra can frustrate Melbourne but Parra can't because of the way we play. I believe the opposite, Melbourne plan on a game going according to plan, when that plan is disrupted they struggle. With us "playing footy" that can disrupt Melbourne.

hindy111

Post Whore
I completely disagree.

If we play our best, we beat them.

They beat us on experience, and the wrestle - but they cannot handle our expansive play, and explosive backs.

I am expecting the Storm to win, but I don't think you are giving the Eels enough credit.

I just think there backs are just as explosive. Carr,Papenhazen,Chambers,
Vunavalu,Munster offers heaps of strike.
Olam is also quite explosive.as is Jerome Hughes.

84 Baby

Referee
On 360 last night someone was saying that Canberra can frustrate Melbourne but Parra can't because of the way we play. I believe the opposite, Melbourne plan on a game going according to plan, when that plan is disrupted they struggle. With us "playing footy" that can disrupt Melbourne.
I think if we can generate an offload and spread it wide quickly it will move their pack around, creating holes or tiring them out. On top of that, the quick long switches we were doing will pressure their outside men as well as move their pack around. Lastly it seems counterintuitive, but I’d also be looking to cut back through the ruck, especially if you spy them trying to shift to an edge

hindy111

Post Whore
How do you figure, Pou?

Wet weather tends to force teams into playing more conservative football, for fear of turning the ball over.

I've seen bottom 4 sides look as good as top 4 sides in the wet. It becomes a much more even contest. Yes we belted the Broncos. They where hopeless. I would prefer to judge our form over the last month or two rather then that one game.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Even money they do that regardless of weather. Dry weather just means there’d probably be less of those merkins in the tackle wrenching necks and squirrel gripping
They'll be more effective in slowing us down in wet weather. We want the game to be as fast and expansive as possible.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Go Parraball!!
Agree with this. Despite the weather making it harder for us we should still play to our strengths. We can't beat Melbourne at their own game and if we try to do that it won't end well.

hindy111

Post Whore
They'll be more effective in slowing us down in wet weather. We want the game to be as fast and expansive as possible.

No. We want a slow game. A fast game will let them get in the groove. Canberra turned it into a slow game which meant the Storm never got into a rythytm. Made them unable to dictate. Canberra gave away penalties on purpose to make it a slow game.
I will say now they are a fitter and faster side. A slow game with no rhythm to it will be our best chance.
A few surprises like kicking early and chasing and finding the sideline. Guys taking cramps/injuries etc. Slow and dull game. I'm surprised people want a fast upbeat tempo against them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've seen bottom 4 sides look as good as top 4 sides in the wet. It becomes a much more even contest. Yes we belted the Broncos. They where hopeless. I would prefer to judge our form over the last month or two rather then that one game.
Have you seen top 4 sides look as good as bottom 4 sides in the dry?

hindy111

Post Whore
Suprise tactics would be playing the way they do not expect. Slow and grind.
Storm will be expecting us to spread it and offload. They will be ready for it and train for it. Bellamy is the best in business.
I'd also be using D.Brown a lot more in attacking raids.
Take away their game plan and make them have to think for themself.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have you seen top 4 sides look as good as bottom 4 sides in the dry?

They would blow the ass end off them.
In the wet it becomes far more even.
And why are people saying their big pack. We have a bigger side across the park. We can over power them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No. We want a slow game. A fast game will let them get in the groove. Canberra turned it into a slow game which meant the Storm never got into a rythytm. Made them unable to dictate. Canberra gave away penalties on purpose to make it a slow game.
I will say now they are a fitter and faster side. A slow game with no rhythm to it will be our best chance.
A few surprises like kicking early and chasing and finding the sideline. Guys taking cramps/injuries etc. Slow and dull game. I'm surprised people want a fast upbeat tempo against them.
I'm not surprised. A fast and expansive game is going to benefit us. That's how we play!

I don't think the Canberra comparison is relevant. We are a much different team and are unlikely to win in the same way that Canberra did.