What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Last year Mc Gregor had a success rate of 30%. Given that he will have a worse team next year given the departure of his best player Widdop and the unavailability of De Belin it would be advisable to appoint Flanaghan as Assistant Coach as he originally played for the Dragons and has a success ratio of 55%. He would inject some steel into the team which is paramount as Mac Gregor is a poor coach and
motivator and fails to inspire the players to improve their application and game plan. The aim should be to make the Top 6 each year no never.

BBTB

Juniors
The most sensible solution but I'm afraid it is not what C Young wants. He wants Mary to fail and Dean Young to become interim coach moving to head coach on a 3 year deal.
Piss Fat Albert OFF.
As in give him the boot.

Gareth67

First Grade
I think Gould should approach Greenberg and get this 2 year ban scrapped
If anyone can Gould could be the man to do it

That means Toddy ‘ would loose face ‘ and we cannot have that . I still like your idea though , however Flanagan will have no choice but to serve the initial year and then approach the NRL for a reduction in the penalty. I believe that would work .

But don’t forget it all means zilch to the Dragons until he actually signs a contract with us . If he decides to go elsewhere , say to the Roosters then I would be adding an extra year to the original sentence.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Life is beautiful out here in the forest. The tomato plants are flourishing

Are they now , well if you have plenty of rotten ones lying on the ground transport them down to Kogarah so as we unhappy fans may show our complete dissatisfaction with the head coaching honcho - I am sure that we will find a way of using them . . . :tomato: :tomato: :tomato:

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
How will you feel if they appoint Flanno as assistant and the Dragons start winning and have a top 4 year next year? Watching presser after presser with Mary taking all the credit and smirking at everyone who said he was a dead man walking.
I want my team to win but have mixed feelings about doing so with Mary as head coach anymore.

FlameThrower

Bench
How will you feel if they appoint Flanno as assistant and the Dragons start winning and have a top 4 year next year? Watching presser after presser with Mary taking all the credit and smirking at everyone who said he was a dead man walking.
I want my team to win but have mixed feelings about doing so with Mary as head coach anymore.
I don’t think that will happen - we look weaker on paper and have a swag of players wanting out or being shopped around. Debacle in the making..

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

That's why the possible appointment of Flanagan as an assistant is a waste of time.
Head coach, yes but not possible.
Assistant, possible but not worthwhile.

BLM01

First Grade
That's why the possible appointment of Flanagan as an assistant is a waste of time.
Head coach, yes but not possible.
Assistant, possible but not worthwhile.

Its OK OKB. Mary wont be the Top Dog for 2 more years or there after..
.but does not mean he is going anywhere in the interim....unless...he decides he wants to.
That is where it is heading. These mentor positions created in his coaching staff..whilst he may ultimately choose who they are...it is being forced upon him.
Not a good look for him which ever way you look at it....and dont worry about the 2 year ban for Flanno....... new Commission Chair. Vlandys......new appeal TBA.....especially if shows something next year.
regardles of Greenberg's hardline stance

possm

Coach
.but does not mean he is going anywhere in the interim....unless...he decides he wants to.
That is where it is heading. These mentor positions created in his coaching staff..whilst he may ultimately choose who they are...it is being forced upon him.
Not a good look for him which ever way you look at it....and dont worry about the 2 year ban for Flanno....... new Commission Chair. Vlandys......new appeal TBA.....especially if shows something next year.
Unless there is some drastic changes THIS YEAR, all is being setup for Dean Young to be our next head coach.
Flanagan can't take the job till 2022
Dean Young coach of reserve grade takes over after Mary is sacked
Deal done and dusted
Who cares about SGI or the fans?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Last year Mc Gregor had a success rate of 30%. Given that he will have a worse team next year given the departure of his best player Widdop and the unavailability of De Belin it would be advisable to appoint Flanaghan as Assistant Coach as he originally played for the Dragons and has a success ratio of 55%. He would inject some steel into the team which is paramount as Mac Gregor is a poor coach and
motivator and fails to inspire the players to improve their application and game plan. The aim should be to make the Top 6 each year no never.
Why does everyone assume automatically that JDB will be jailed. There are two sides to every story and we haven’t even heard his yet. Footy players aren’t saints and pretty much every one them roots around on their missus it’s the culture. Remember the Gasnier 4 toey humans incident? No doubt if she replied Gaz, Mini and co would have been in like Flynn. What I’m saying is that if he’s genuinely innocent then wishing him a lengthy jail sentence to free up some salary cap space for us is borderline psychopathic.

getsmarty

Immortal
Why does everyone assume automatically that JDB will be jailed. There are two sides to every story and we haven’t even heard his yet. Footy players aren’t saints and pretty much every one them roots around on their missus it’s the culture. Remember the Gasnier 4 toey humans incident? No doubt if she replied Gaz, Mini and co would have been in like Flynn. What I’m saying is that if he’s genuinely innocent then wishing him a lengthy jail sentence to free up some salary cap space for us is borderline psychopathic.

What make's you think that JDB will want to stay ? Been thrown under the bus by certain people in our club...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Apparently, Gould has recommended we hire Flannagan as part of his review, however, the final decision is up to Mc85mins to make the call.

epDragon62

First Grade
I be delighted if that was the outcome. My only interest is in the Dragons being a team I am proud to support again because always push for success.

BLM01

First Grade
Unless there is some drastic changes THIS YEAR, all is being setup for Dean Young to be our next head coach.
Flanagan can't take the job till 2022
Dean Young coach of reserve grade takes over after Mary is sacked
Deal done and dusted
Who cares about SGI or the fans?
I do....Great conspiracy theory Possm...but wrong me thinks
If any part of this is remotely true....well even god cant hit a 1 iron...so saving the Red V

After some interesting conversations at preso night last night there is more to come to enlighten us all from the Gussy and Board Mary staff and player reviews
Available soon at a St George Illawarra mediia outlet nearest you!
Be quick...limited editions available!....
oh how so true of this club

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Hope your right, mate.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
What make's you think that JDB will want to stay ? Been thrown under the bus by certain people in our club...
Yeah I don’t know the inner workings of the club but from the outside it looks like he’s been treated pretty well, especially by Mary who has publicly backed him, and allowed him to train. If I were in his position I’d feel I owe the Saints my loyalty for life.