What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
There's another way of looking at this, and it's only my opinion:

Step 1: Flannagan is appointed Assistant Coach, Gould comes in as Football Manager.

Step2: McGregor fails to get the team moving and is sacked early in 2020

Problem here is Flannagan cannot be head coach.

Step 3: Gould takes the reigns as "official caretaker" head coach, but in reality it will be Flannagan calling the shots at training etc.

The issue here is who fronts for the pressers? I believe the club can nominate anyone to do the pressers, so enter Dean Young as our presser rep.

Flannagan wouldn't have broken any of his "restrictions" in doing this and given the circumstances, the NRL may be lenient enough (under the new guy who's replacing Beattie) to allow him to start in 2021.

Anyway that's my take on it. I have a strong feeling that the Board know that McGregor will fail, hence the interest in Flannagan and Gould.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Seems a lot of moving parts being considered just to prop up McWreckor and keep him in the trough.
Surely it would be easier to give Nathan Brown the coaching gig with Flanno as his assistant both on a 2 year performance contract..
Flick the current Peanut & Millward, whilst giving recruitment and development the co-responsibility of Brown & Flanaghan.
It maybe a far cheaper option than getting so many advisors and assistants to keep Gordon's mate at the helm!

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Seems a lot of moving parts being considered just to prop up McWreckor and keep him in the trough.
Surely it would be easier to give Nathan Brown the coaching gig with Flanno as his assistant both on a 2 year performance contract..
Flick the current Peanut & Millward, whilst giving recruitment and development the co-responsibility of Brown & Flanaghan.
It maybe a far cheaper option than getting so many advisors and assistants to keep Gordon's mate at the helm!
That's just it. Gordon won't let Illawarra's favourite son get sacked

possm

Coach
It absolutely will not happen.
Flanno has been caught twice by the NRL in doing dodgy shit, and desperately trying to be seen on the straight and narrow .
IF he's signed, he will be following Mary's legendary and proven 3 hit ups, two passes off the ruck, kick or 3 hit ups, inside ball, kick game plan.
He'll say little. He'll do what he's told, and when Mcf**kwit throws him under the bus we'll be talking about the same thing
That is exactly why Mary needs to go. Sack Mary and sign a new experienced first grade coach and Flanagan as assistant coach both on a two year deal.

possm

Coach
The most sensible solution but I'm afraid it is not what C Young wants. He wants Mary to fail and Dean Young to become interim coach moving to head coach on a 3 year deal.

Carlton

Juniors
The most sensible solution but I'm afraid it is not what C Young wants. He wants Mary to fail and Dean Young to become interim coach moving to head coach on a 3 year deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if this was going on behind the scenes. But you are very definite about it and specific with your details. How do you know this?

18to87

First Grade
Is this for real?

I've heard Flanno will be an early Christmas present (as an assistant to the imposter).

possm

Coach
Is this for real?

I've heard Flanno will be an early Christmas present (as an assistant to the imposter).

Yes it might just turn out like that. But after that if Mary is sacked, Flanagan can't be considered for head coach until the 2022 season. So Dean Young who was in charge of the forwards and defensive play has not been let go and is likely to coach reserve grade. He is the coach in waitng and would be the interim coach if Mary is sacked.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
Dean Young as an assistant coach has had a superb mentor over the past couple of years hasn’t he ?

This has been said heaps of times but you listen to many other coaches their plans and general articulations and then cop McImposter. Embarrassing really. Can you imagine Bennett, Robinson, Bellamy getting the name of their back up hooker wrong... twice

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dean Young as an assistant coach has had a superb mentor over the past couple of years hasn’t he ?

This has been said heaps of times but you listen to many other coaches their plans and general articulations and then cop McImposter. Embarrassing really. Can you imagine Bennett, Robinson, Bellamy getting the name of their back up hooker wrong... twice
With all due respect Robson and Robinson are easy to mix up when you have posters of Robinson all over your bedroom wall.

utility dragon

Juniors

Well if you look at it from, what not to do, he has had a great mentor

FlameThrower

Bench
I said the same thing, and only the Dragons could design this matrix of confusion.

There's another way of looking at this, and it's only my opinion:

Step 1: Flannagan is appointed Assistant Coach, Gould comes in as Football Manager.

Step2: McGregor fails to get the team moving and is sacked early in 2020

Problem here is Flannagan cannot be head coach.

Step 3: Gould takes the reigns as "official caretaker" head coach, but in reality it will be Flannagan calling the shots at training etc.

The issue here is who fronts for the pressers? I believe the club can nominate anyone to do the pressers, so enter Dean Young as our presser rep.

Flannagan wouldn't have broken any of his "restrictions" in doing this and given the circumstances, the NRL may be lenient enough (under the new guy who's replacing Beattie) to allow him to start in 2021.

Anyway that's my take on it. I have a strong feeling that the Board know that McGregor will fail, hence the interest in Flannagan and Gould.

NRL said they will be setting strict conditions to ensure Flanno's role does not exceed that of assistant. I don't think the NRL will turn a blind eye to this.

Straight Shooter