What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

macnaz

Staff member
Lol raiders had first 4 penalties of 2nd half and a dubious sin bin and couldn't score
Legit penalties are fine BS ones
In fairness channel 9 did show a replay and Gould made comment to say the ref marking the ten signalled 6 to go before changing his mind about 5 seconds later after Canberra played to the original decision.

Anyway, yes RL has a bit of a grave to dig themselves out of after tonight and not to mention ticket prices. $40 for GA tickets to Leichhardt in round 25. Gimme a break
Explain what u mean about ticket prices ?

Chook Norris

First Grade
2. Disagree. Changing the call while the ball is still in play is wrong and sets a dangerous precedent.

His initial call was wrong. Leaving that aside, what would you have proposed he had done once he ruled 6 again?

If Raiders had gone through and kicked a repeat set we would still also be in uproar.

I'm not sure about the changing decisions, and I'm not sure what the NRL rules allow in such a case - my personal view is that if a referee realises the wrong call has been made, surely it would be fine to rectify it immediately. I've seen it happen in footy games I've played.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Raiders can whinge all they want but ultimately they had 54% of possession, the opposition lost a player early in the first half plus a sin bin in the second half and all Canberra could come up with was one try off a bomb. Not enough to beat the roosters and trying to blame the refs is just clutching at straws.

If you guys check out the greenhouse there is salt sure but most fans know it wasn't the refs that cost us. Even if we copped two unfortunate incidents

Chook Norris

First Grade
Cant see into the future mate but we would have put on a better play if we had known it was the last tackle.
Well I don't disagree with you there. My issue is people jumping to conclusions and saying that it cost the Raiders the game (as they supposedly would've scored).

Game_Breaker

Coach
His initial call was wrong. Leaving that aside, what would you have proposed he had done once he ruled 6 again?

If Raiders had gone through and kicked a repeat set we would still also be in uproar.

I'm not sure about the changing decisions, and I'm not sure what the NRL rules allow in such a case - my personal view is that if a referee realises the wrong call has been made, surely it would be fine to rectify it immediately. I've seen it happen in footy games I've played.

Was it wrong though?
It looked 50/50 and Teddy’s shoulder touched the ball

I’m happy with the 6 again call

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Problem being of course in the confusion we had no idea the ref had changed his decision. It had a negative impact on our play

King hit

Coach
Lmao everyone will be back next year as always with millions of tv viewers, players, supporters and the general public watching and supporting the game as ever before.

How come everyone thinks Rugby League will end

gitano

Juniors
Problem being of course in the confusion we had no idea the ref had changed his decision. It had a negative impact on our play
Oh I forgot you Pete.

Enjoy the off season. Lol at Canberra Raiders. Ain't no second prize buddy boy.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Lmao everyone will be back next year as always with millions of tv viewers, players, supporters and the general public watching and supporting the game as ever before.

How come everyone thinks Rugby League will end

Because bald people are growing stronger and more powerful by the day man

LineBall

Juniors

IMO we need to look at why he changed his call. From what I have seen, this has all resulted from having two referees on the field. Cummins only changed his call because Sutton got into his ear. I have personally never seen a game involving a single referee change his call whilst the ball is in play. I have seen them change it when the ball is not in play, such as a lost ball during the tackle where they initially call knock on but then get a call from the touch judge and change it to a penalty for hand on the ball or strip.

LineBall

Juniors
Well I don't disagree with you there. My issue is people jumping to conclusions and saying that it cost the Raiders the game (as they supposedly would've scored).

It had a huge impact at the time.

So did BJ Leilua not passing earlier and not getting back into position quick enough after tackling Cordner.

Vic Mackey

Referee
IMO we need to look at why he changed his call. From what I have seen, this has all resulted from having two referees on the field. Cummins only changed his call because Sutton got into his ear. I have personally never seen a game involving a single referee change his call whilst the ball is in play. I have seen them change it when the ball is not in play, such as a lost ball during the tackle where they initially call knock on but then get a call from the touch judge and change it to a penalty for hand on the ball or strip.

Last year in a tigers storm game it was 10 all late in the game. Tigers put a bomb up, there was a contest and it came back to Josh Aloiai, the ref ruled 6 again and he took the tackle, as he was being tackled the pocket ref suddenly yelled ‘last’ so Aloiai threw the ball wildly in the air. It was intercepted and the Storm made a 40m break downfield.

After the game it was admitted the referees mis understood each other, and it was 6 again. It’s very odd, but I can understand why Wighton didn’t then go to kick, even if he did here the ‘last tackle’ correction call.