What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
and will he improve our squad ? debatable at best

we should be looking at players that will improve our squad not just gap fillers

some of the names being discussed are not really raising the bar at all

GRONK.....

Did that raise your bar?
85% chance it did.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brown takes the hit-up on the 4th because he usually gets a quick play the ball, when he was out injured Gutho was taking nothing hit-ups on the 4th...because he also usually gets quick play the balls in that situation.
Browns play the balls are the slowest in the team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
and will he improve our squad ? debatable at best

we should be looking at players that will improve our squad not just gap fillers

some of the names being discussed are not really raising the bar at all
Not every player that is better than what you've got improves the squad. They need to be better in the right areas.

On our right edge we have loads of attacking talent. Adding a big money edge forward means adding someone who would need more carries to provide value, when we might only need someone who can run support and decoy lines.

We have very good attack. What let us down this year was our defence. Campbell-Gillard will improve that, while any edge forward who defends as well as Ma'u won't make our defence any worse. It's possible that another expensive forward will hurt our retention or even recruitment in other areas.

hindy111

Post Whore
Lane has more skill then any 2nd rower in comp bar Kikau. They are the 2 most talented 2nd rowers in comp. However Kikaus defense lets him down and he is also a bit soft and Lane isn't as mobile in his running game or as tough as a few others. Who has a better passing and offload game then Lane in the 2nd row?

I'd like to see a big straight hard running 2nd rower. Nikuore I don't think will cut it but would not be the worse. I'd prefer a hard nose thou.
Also we need another middle forward.

Lane has more skill then any 2nd rower in comp bar Kikau. They are the 2 most talented 2nd rowers in comp. However Kikaus defense lets him down and he is also a bit soft and Lane isn't as mobile in his running game or as tough as a few others. Who has a better passing and offload game then Lane in the 2nd row?

I'd like to see a big straight hard running 2nd rower. Nikuore I don't think will cut it but would not be the worse. I'd prefer a hard nose thou.
What's wrong with a big gay hard running second rower?

Noise

Coach

A better offload game than Shaun Lane in the 2nd row? These edge players do:

CHN, TPJ, Sironen, Mau, Bateman, Takaraingi, Cartwright, JFH

Kikau doesn't even feature.

IFR33K

Coach
How about spending retention money in more important areas? A big money edge forward would be nice but mightn't be necessary. The Roosters just won back-to-back premierships with Roy Aubusson in the second roe. Would anyone be excited if we signed him? Were the Roosters not 'aiming high' by keeping him in their top 17? Did he hold them back?

Well I don’t know about you, but I rate Aubusson. He’s quality. I’m just not sure an ageing centre turned back rower will add anything to our squad. I
Mean weren’t we happy the club decided to move Ma’u on a year early rather than a year late? We can do better than Lawrence.