What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary ..

martielang

Bench
Except Dallin asked for a release, he didn't want to be here.

I think the sext apes were an issue for Dallin, it was reported there were different clicks in the side that weren't getting on. The week he got dropped out of the side Ivan was talking about our need to come together, after he got dropped we started winning. Either way Dallins attitude is on him, no one else.

Of course he asked for a release, because the club told him he was no longer required privately. That's how professional clubs operate. They can't fire a player without reason, so they make life as difficult as possible for the player. One of my family members went through a similar situation in another sport (which is probably why I have empathy Dallin despite it looking like a good deal for us).

Fangs

Coach
We are definitely missing something in our coaching ranks. And I assume it extends beyond the head coach. Same problem even when Gus was here. For all the work he did, we only got just above the median in the NRL.

You don't come to Penrith to become an elite footballer. We are a good place to start, better than many clubs. At some point you leave and another club works out the final touches.

I predict DWZ will blossom away from Penrith.

franklin2323

Immortal
We are definitely missing something in our coaching ranks. And I assume it extends beyond the head coach. Same problem even when Gus was here. For all the work he did, we only got just above the median in the NRL.

You don't come to Penrith to become an elite footballer. We are a good place to start, better than many clubs. At some point you leave and another club works out the final touches.

I predict DWZ will blossom away from Penrith.

He will never be an elite fullback so depends how much the blossom is

OldPanther

Coach
Agreed and To'o cuts through defenders like butter when he skips inside, against dragons and knights he brained them, DWZ kept running into Edwards

It happened one time.

Look at the garbage he was dishing out before he left. Compated to after that is reality

The entire team was trash. They had a small patch of wins and some of them weren't even good. Every single player would have the same increased form leaving us this year.

betcats

Referee
It happened one time.
That's one time to many.

The entire team was trash. They had a small patch of wins and some of them weren't even good. Every single player would have the same increased form leaving us this year.

Dallin certainly wasn't the only player who was playing like shit but he is one who wanted a release(its never been said by Dallin or the club that he was told he wasn't wanted or needed) so he is gone and it has worked out well for everyone. The guy scored two tries all year and had 4 line breaks so lets not act like he is a loss. Potentially he might kick on and make us regret it down the line, but right now To'o is head and shoulders above him.

betcats

Referee
We have 6 guys in the 9's... 7 if you count Api. So terrible that we never get guys in rep teams

Someone better tell those pacific islander teams that Cleary is our coach and we poached him, Don't they know we are the laughing stock of the league?

OldPanther

Coach
That's one time to many.

Dallin certainly wasn't the only player who was playing like shit but he is one who wanted a release(its never been said by Dallin or the club that he was told he wasn't wanted or needed) so he is gone and it has worked out well for everyone. The guy scored two tries all year and had 4 line breaks so lets not act like he is a loss. Potentially he might kick on and make us regret it down the line, but right now To'o is head and shoulders above him.

One time doesn't mean he deserves to be talk about so poorly though.

I'm not even commenting on whether it was a good decision to let him go or not. I just don't like how it's always the way to shit on players when they leave. If people want my opinion it seems to have worked out best for both club and player since he could find form at a new club and we get To'o. I haven't really thought about it much if at all recently.

betcats

Referee

I'm not even commenting on whether it was a good decision to let him go or not. I just don't like how it's always the way to shit on players when they leave. If people want my opinion it seems to have worked out best for both club and player since he could find form at a new club and we get To'o. I haven't really thought about it much if at all recently.

I was like that to in the past but this season has changed me, I don't care anymore. They get paid well(even on minimum wage) to play a game, if they aren't happy about their position or their teammates gang bang vidoes or if they just aren't performing then they can leave. After ten rounds I would of been happy to swap the whole squad out for rookies.

That's why I would've sacked May straight up, be a professional of piss off. The clud doesn't need that distraction.

franklin2323

Immortal

I said he shouldn't be our fullback all off season. The fact he got that and put in can't be a co-indence.

I see it this way for the last few years we have had the same issues. People said it was hook. Hook gets the ass and still the same players struggle... At some stage that needs to be dealt with

mxlegend99

Referee
Look at the garbage he was dishing out before he left. Compated to after that is reality
As i said earlier. At the time (and after he left) there were many worse performers. The whole club was struggling.

Edwards was quiet possibly in the worst form of any Panthers player ever. Effort is not always a factor in form... and often poor form leads to trying harder but making it worse.

We didnt turn around our season because he left... we temporarily improved before ultimately going back to how we were. With our form improvement also happening when we faced depleted sides.

If we had kept DWZ and Blake and let go of Whare and Mansour our side would have been better without doubt and possibly good enough to have finished top 8 despite the ridiculous amount of flaws we have top to bottom.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Except Dallin asked for a release, he didn't want to be here.

I think the sext apes were an issue for Dallin, it was reported there were different clicks in the side that weren't getting on. The week he got dropped out of the side Ivan was talking about our need to come together, after he got dropped we started winning. Either way Dallins attitude is on him, no one else.

I think you're probably very right with this.

ACTPanthers

Bench
You and I were obviously not watching the same game then. I thought DWZ was very poor this year in numerous games. Obviously there were other things going on which affected his playing. Was it the sex tapes ? Who knows.
I get where you're coming from Alice, the only thing is you seem to say this about EVERY player who leaves us... Moylan, Cartwright, Peach, now DWZ were all apparently riddled with attitude problems and "threw the toys out of the cot" after they left. It may be true for some, but surely not ALL of the players were divas who were lazy and never put in.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I get where you're coming from Alice, the only thing is you seem to say this about EVERY player who leaves us... Moylan, Cartwright, Peach, now DWZ were all apparently riddled with attitude problems and "threw the toys out of the cot" after they left. It may be true for some, but surely not ALL of the players were divas who were lazy and never put in.

LOL. I've always been upfront about my personality issues (unlike some). Yep, when they play for Penrith they have magical powers, when they leave they are 'dead' to me. Perhaps the only person I've not done this to was little Preston Campbell and maybe even James Maloney.

ACTPanthers

Bench
LOL. I've always been upfront about my personality issues (unlike some). Yep, when they play for Penrith they have magical powers, when they leave they are 'dead' to me. Perhaps the only person I've not done this to was little Preston Campbell and maybe even James Maloney.
Ha ha well as you say, at least you're honest :)

Preston is and always will be my favourite player of all time - The Mrs and I are trying for kid # 5 and if a boy, he'll be named after the great man :)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ha ha well as you say, at least you're honest :)

Preston is and always will be my favourite player of all time - The Mrs and I are trying for kid # 5 and if a boy, he'll be named after the great man :)

I have an older brother who points out my faults in great detail. Especially about things like this. Preston is a wonderful bloke on and off the field.