What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Better than AJ though and never played there before id give him another season
Yes, that is if you not serious about winning the comp. He will be good no about it. But brain surgeons don't train on the job like they did 100 years ago. Your either a brain surgeon or your not. Too much to risk. :joy::joy:

Peter Quinn

Juniors
To be fair to Doueihi, he hasn't had a Pre-Season at fullback ever. That could take him to the next level and change everything!
Very true. It's just that if I'm trying to win an nrl premiership, I'd like to be fully prepared. Specially when the chooks can spend over a million more than anyone else.

handyman2190

Bench
Very true. It's just that if I'm trying to win an nrl premiership, I'd like to be fully prepared. Specially when the chooks can spend over a million more than anyone else.
Ok brother, who is available? Who would you buy? Val holmes is the only 1 i think, ok put his mill away,talk to him see if he would come,he may say no straight away, what then?

250excf

Juniors
I think it worked best when we had 2 aggressive bullies in the pack like when Sam and Teo used to pair up and destroy packs in defence
My wish list would be
1 Andrew Fifita from Broncs
2 Thompson ( the pommy forward )
3 Shannon Boyd
4 either of the manly starting props as they pair up and bully packs as well
Douhie was fantastic last few games needs a full offseason to learn positioning in defence close to our line and backing up through the middle off cookie and Murray
We need more second phase play it’s the way to the try line in the modern game

Travitoh

First Grade
There's more to look at then one return. Dropped balls, missed tackles, getting shoved back in goal and thirty bad timings as well. I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm saying if your fair dinkum about having a real shot at the title, Doueihi is not the fullback. He's a learner.

I understand that you're saying a stud FB goes a long way to winning a comp and i agree with that but who is a realistic option for 2020 that is better than Doueihi? I can't think of any.

Peter Quinn

Juniors
I understand that you're saying a stud FB goes a long way to winning a comp and i agree with that but who is a realistic option for 2020 that is better than Doueihi? I can't think of any.
You could be right for 2020. Unless Russell Crowe can convince Valentine Holmes to come, or lure Tommy Turbo away from Manly. Maybe even Dugan from the sharks.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's the article from the Telegraph,

Ryan Matterson now talking to South Sydney as Tigers exit looms

South Sydney are now genuine players in the race to sign out-of-favour Wests Tigers utility Ryan Matterson.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Rabbitohs are planning a preliminary meeting with Matterson’s management as early as Thursday as they look to replace retired club legend John Sutton.

No offer has been made but Souths are interested in Matterson, who wants to quit the Tigers two years before his deal concludes.

Matterson has already met with Parramatta officials this week, while Canterbury, Newcastle, St George Illawarra, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Cronulla and Penrith are also keeping a keen eye on the movements of the player who was 18th man for the Blues this year.

Matterson is known to be interested in joining Penrith but a hurdle could be the fractured relationship between the Panthers and Tigers over the Ivan Cleary coaching drama.

The Rabbitohs believe the ball-playing Matterson can be a perfect replacement for edge playmaker Sutton.

However, the Tigers will complicate any Matterson negotiations with a request for compensation — either financial or in the form of a player in return.

Souths football manager Mark Ellison is overseeing recruitment while head of football Shane Richardson is overseas and head coach Wayne Bennett is coaching England in the World Cup Nines.

Matterson left the Sydney Roosters after last season to sign a three-year deal with the Tigers worth around $350,000 a year.

The Parramatta junior now believes he can secure more money elsewhere, and the interest in him suggests he is right.

His Tigers teammates are understandably angry with Matterson over his desire to quit the club mid-contract.

There are those at the Tigers who don’t want him back, even if he can’t do a deal with another club. Just last week, retired Tigers legend Robbie Farah said Matterson’s dispute with the club was “beyond the point of return”.

It is understood Matterson will fly to the Gold Coast next week to meet new Titans coach Justin Holbrook.

However, insiders claim Parramatta are the early favourites to sign the 25-year-old.

Fed-up with his attitude, the Tigers gave Matterson permission last month to negotiate with rival clubs. Now Tigers coach Michael Maguire has now lost two of his better players from this season in Matterson and centre Esan Marsters, who has signed with North Queensland.

The Tigers are keen to have the Matterson drama concluded before the new NRL financial year starts on November 1.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You have got to be kidding, James Graham misses that many important tackles, gives away that many stupid penalties, is that slow.....just look at the 2014 grand final.....Christ your talkin crap, the only good thing about Graham is he's gotta be cheap cos on top of all his attributes I mentioned previous, how bloody old is he now? and how many injuries is he carrying.

Trent Merrin, don't make me laugh, if you that desperate - go to England - that's your only hope, plenty of useless old crocks like the two mentioned over there.

I can honestly tell just by this one post that you have no idea what you’re talking about. James Graham in 2014 was one of the best props in the game. This is evident as he was the dally m prop of the year in 2014... :joy: Yes he’s not where he used to be but a 94% tackle efficiency and 100 metres per game is not as bad as you’re making it out to be. The Burgess boys miss way more tackles, make more errors and give stupid penalties away all the time. I don’t think they’re bad players I just think that it’s their play style and they play hard just like Graham does. Your entitled to your opinion but to go out and say I’m talking crap you at least have to back your opinion up which you haven’t done.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Walking out of a club one year into a decent three year deal because he wants more money? Not the kind of guy Souths should be looking at.

Agreed. Could you imagine the reaction of Souths fans if he did the same thing to us? He can go back to the roosters they probably have the cash for him.

Robbie 12

Juniors
I think Souths should throw 500 000 at Ryan Matterson his a strong runner of the ball got a great step on him and the tigers best player last year great replacement for Sutton only 25yrs ... saw some highlights of him great runner of the ball busts tackles .. I like him .. and there is a lot of experience at Souths that can give him a cool head

Latest posts