What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
Not sure I guess we will just have to wait and see. I wonder why they still have KIA plastered on everything? Maybe they have come back on board.
This kind of artwork is done further in advance than you probably realise. Perhaps if our friend (formerly) from Classic sees this he can shed some light on when something like this is produced and how far in advance the production of gear for retail begins.

Lucev23

Juniors
This kind of artwork is done further in advance than you probably realise. Perhaps if our friend (formerly) from Classic sees this he can shed some light on when something like this is produced and how far in advance the production of gear for retail begins.
I'd imagine the image where the Kia logo is removed from the Bulldogs members pack jersey means its safe to assume they won't be there, thats my opinion anyway.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Looks like Kia will have a black logo on the Broncos jersey.
Just did a quick google search on Kia sponsorship and they are a black or white outline on the Hurricanes jersey in rugby so there is some hope it won't be a big red and white oval

Klim

Juniors
b7e06754e631eadba2c6932dd275f46a

MugaB

Coach
why wouldn’t you just do the logo in maroon?
Not sure why sponsors don't change the color to suit the team, Newcastle knights have a dreadful green NIB square plastered on the centre of that jersey, alteast this broncos jersey has the sponsor in the middle not obstructing the design of the jersey
A few years back, panthers had Oak right in the centre of the colored stripes, they have since moved it so alteast you can see it now.

I reckon the NRL should approve the jersey designs so as to not cover the jersey designs,
Plus color it to suit the team, like this bronco 'KIA' to White or Maroon, it surely affects my decision and most other people when wanting to fork out so much for a jersey, im a panthers supporter, but i like other teams too, especially when they bring out a heritage style version, i'd have bought that knights jersey had it not been totally covered by the sickly green square

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors
Not sure why sponsors don't change the color to suit the team, Newcastle knights have a dreadful green NIB square plastered on the centre of that jersey

For a lot of companies, their colour is just as important or even more important than the logo itself. Not saying it’s right or that they shouldn’t be more willing to meet in the middle - that’s just how it is.

MugaB

Coach
For a lot of companies, their colour is just as important or even more important than the logo itself. Not saying it’s right or that they shouldn’t be more willing to meet in the middle - that’s just how it is.
Kia being black is bull and NIB being green is fair enough, but position it better

kdalymc

Bench
I still just hate that broncos jersey.. if the yellow area was shrink to just a bit bigger than the kia logo would be tolerable

sempmrh

Juniors
I still just hate that broncos jersey.. if the yellow area was shrink to just a bit bigger than the kia logo would be tolerable
The entire body of that Broncos jersey should be yellow from the chest down.

Kia being black is bull and NIB being green is fair enough, but position it better
I don’t necessarily have a problem with coloured sponsor logos - it’s just when the sponsor’s colours completely dominate and overtake the team’s branding when the logo is so big. Think the Knights and the Titans.

Perth Red

Post Whore

cash convertors is by far the best company for being willing to fit in with club colours. Wish more would follow suit.

cash convertors is by far the best company for being willing to fit in with club colours. Wish more would follow suit.

Steggles don’t do a bad job either. We’ve been pretty lucky over the years with sponsors who stuck to white-reverse except for Western Union in yellow & black. But since the early 90s, Easts had the ‘V’ cut off (which always pissed me off) to accommodate the sponsor. Steggles have been happy to keep the jersey as close to traditional as you can get with the modern kit.