What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Daniel Vella

Juniors
You are speaking as if he is a done deal. Is that the case? I get there’s been no announcement but us he a done deal at the Eels?
I think that he will come to us. He has requested a release after parra offered a contract. I think it's taking longer because we have to organise what we are giving to the tigers.

Noise

Coach
I think that he will come to us. He has requested a release after parra offered a contract. I think it's taking longer because we have to organise what we are giving to the tigers.
No he requested a release weeks ago. Parra have only recently offered a contract. And we won't be giving the Tigers shit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How do you know that. It’s not inconceivable that he was on around $850k. If panthers were happy to pay 300k each year for the remainder of his contract we may have been open to offering him $600k per year. His yearly salary increases, it’s just split between two clubs.
Fair point. Though the point here is that a player has reasons to move beside money. If he's getting the same amount at the new club these reasons come into play.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Matterson hasn’t been officially released by the tigers yet, it’s only been reported by the media. Tigers haven’t put out a press release.

And I doubt Matterson is going to finalise a release from the tigers unless he has a contract signed.

I suspect us (or another club) and Matterson are just finalising a contract that’s why it’s been leaked the tigers have released him (but they can’t confirm until such time Matterson finalises his new contract)

Noise

Coach
Matterson hasn’t been officially released by the tigers yet, it’s only been reported by the media. Tigers haven’t put out a press release.

And I doubt Matterson is going to finalise a release from the tigers unless he has a contract signed.

I suspect us (or another club) and Matterson are just finalising a contract that’s why it’s been leaked the tigers have released him (but they can’t confirm until such time Matterson finalises his new contract)
Generally if it's on NRL.com it's official.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/31...rson-released-and-matulino-medically-retired/

It's also on the West Tigers website.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/11/01/wests-tigers-2020-nrl-squad/

That's as official as it's going to get.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Noise

Coach
Oh didn’t see that on the tigers page, most clubs put out a release / specific article. It’s fairly hidden on there. So it is official !!
They probably didn't want to make a big announcement seeing they made a song and dance about getting something in return, and they have ended up with SFA. Fans will be pissed. We might even get some nice Tigers chaps come on here and wish us well.