What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Matterson hasn’t been officially released by the tigers yet, it’s only been reported by the media. Tigers haven’t put out a press release.

And I doubt Matterson is going to finalise a release from the tigers unless he has a contract signed.

I suspect us (or another club) and Matterson are just finalising a contract that’s why it’s been leaked the tigers have released him (but they can’t confirm until such time Matterson finalises his new contract)
The Tigers have announced their 2020 squad and he's not in it: https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/11/01/wests-tigers-2020-nrl-squad/

Actually I just noticed they said this: "Wests Tigers have had a number of key player movements in the last few weeks, with the re-signing of Benji Marshall and Chris Lawrence, the medical retirement of Ben Matulino and the departure of Esan Marsters and Ryan Matterson."

Happy MEel

First Grade
If the Matto signing eventuates I don’t think we have a genuine weakness in our top 17. Sure, we can always improve certain positions but I think we have genuine top 17 players in every position.

An outstanding job by our recruitment team. Just need to round out the squad with a back up hooker and possibly a back up outside back.

Gronk

Staff member
If the Matto signing eventuates I don’t think we have a genuine weakness in our top 17. Sure, we can always improve certain positions but I think we have genuine top 17 players in every position.

An outstanding job by our recruitment team. Just need to round out the squad with a back up hooker and possibly a back up outside back.

What ? Who will be the scapegoat for 2020 ! upload_2019-11-2_17-23-57.gif

Gronk

Staff member
I know you don’t want to spend to much on depth / back ups but wouldn’t mind hoff staying for another year or so, yeah he isn’t a superstar but is experienced / fairly solid and can play anywhere in the back line and appears to be a good influence in the squad.
Yeah Hoff and Taka would be a godsend to a coach.

Does it hinder jnr development however ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Don’t think so, if a junior is good I reckon BA will give them a start - some may disagree but I reckon BA has no issues with dropping an experienced player for a rookie.

It’s just up to the junior to show he is better.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Next year you'd assume our reserves backline has Parry, Dunster and Gennings. We still need to fill 2 spots, one being at fullback.

Will Smith may play fullback, or in the halves, or hooker. Other than maybe the 2 Fijians stepping up I can't see anyone from our Flegg squad making the initial move to reserves.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Don’t think so, if a junior is good I reckon BA will give them a start - some may disagree but I reckon BA has no issues with dropping an experienced player for a rookie.

It’s just up to the junior to show he is better.

That's why I think he was allowing either Moses or Norman to leave because he knew Dylan Brown would be ready to play firsts.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Next year you'd assume our reserves backline has Parry, Dunster and Gennings. We still need to fill 2 spots, one being at fullback.

Will Smith may play fullback, or in the halves, or hooker. Other than maybe the 2 Fijians stepping up I can't see anyone from our Flegg squad making the initial move to reserves.
Salmon may also feature in the reserves backline. I reckon he’s better than all of the other three you mentioned as a centre, and Taka has them covered as a winger.

Last edited: