What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ashes tour

Burns

First Grade
Huge test for England. At the moment could see it being Australia 3-0 very easy.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Huge test for England. At the moment could see it being Australia 3-0 very easy.
It’s certainly looking like an uphill struggle at this moment in time but a lot can happen in 12 months regarding the fitness and form of several potential England players.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It’s certainly looking like an uphill struggle at this moment in time but a lot can happen in 12 months regarding the fitness and form of several potential England players.

I know they lost to Tonga and New Zealand but so have Australia in the last 12 months. England will be fine, they lost the World Cup final by 6 points to a much better Kangaroo team than the one they’ll be playing next year and there is a good core of top NRL talent to select from including from this year’s grand finalists

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I know they lost to Tonga and New Zealand but so have Australia in the last 12 months. England will be fine, they lost the World Cup final by 6 points to a much better Kangaroo team than the one they’ll be playing next year and there is a good core of top NRL talent to select from including from this year’s grand finalists
This. You’d expect Players like makinson, trueman, Watkins, manfredi, johnstone and ward etc to be in the mix.

hutch

First Grade
Let’s hope Australia at least play France in France also.

I know there is also another Oceania cup next year without Australia but I’m hoping there are extra tests for Tonga, Fiji and New Zealand also, two tests a year is not enough for any of these countries.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Let’s hope Australia at least play France in France also.

I know there is also another Oceania cup next year without Australia but I’m hoping there are extra tests for Tonga, Fiji and New Zealand also, two tests a year is not enough for any of these countries.
As sh#te as France are I think we need to persist with them even if it means them being pumped by Australia by 50+ points at home.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Excellent choices

Hopefully some midweek games too?

When is the itinerary announced???
Spurs new stadium you’d think would be a big draw for Northern fans travelling down and could be a big sell for non RL sporting fans in London.

St James Park rewards all the good and positive RL progress being made in the north east and builds on the success of magic weekend as well as Newcastle getting a 2021 RLWC game.

Manchester Etihad for obvious reasons. Great location for RL fans in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Cumbria.

As for a midweek game, Cumbria? England knights in Coventry?

latingringo101

Juniors
I'd prefer they take on international teams rather than just English national and club teams only. What is the point of that?

Could do this;

Vs Jamaica/Nigeria in London (Warm up)
1st test vs Lions in London
Vs Wales in Wales (Mid week match)
2nd test vs Lions in Newcastle
Vs Scotland in Scotland (mid week match)
3rd test vs Lions (In Manchester)
vs France in France on way home

jim_57

Staff member
Amazed England didn't use this year to get some young players involved. Not much actually on the line and they're 0-2 anyway. And yes I know England aren't technically playing this year.

roughyedspud

Coach
Amazed England didn't use this year to get some young players involved. Not much actually on the line and they're 0-2 anyway. And yes I know England aren't technically playing this year.

And that's why England didn't use younger talent...cos its not effing england

jim_57

Staff member
And that's why England didn't use younger talent...cos its not effing england

For the sake of planning for the 21 World Cup it is though, it's the same coach and I assume the same selectors selecting all English players.

Same could be said for NZ, no disrespect to Benji and Foran for their past achievements but they won't be winning NZ the next World Cup.

Latest posts