What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
All 3 of those are the same organisation or work for the same organisation. Yeah there are heaps, if you say so.
I didn't say there were 'heaps' Rammy. I just agreed with the premise that the gamut of views (left and right) are covered in some capacity in mainstream media.

Most people chose from within that spectrum based on their preconceptions. These preconceptions then become reinforced to the point where people believe it to be the truth.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree with this. Alan Jones, New Limited and Sky News are all right leaning.

I noticed on my Foxtel TV App that most of the shows on SkyNews (like Jones, Credlin, Kenny etc) are now listed as Entertainment rather than news. :thinking: I'm wondering if there are any broadcast laws which allows them to tell porkies under guise of "entertainment" ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I noticed on my Foxtel TV App that most of the shows on SkyNews (like Jones, Credlin, Kenny etc) are now listed as Entertainment rather than news. :thinking: I'm wondering if there are any broadcast laws which allows them to tell porkies under guise of "entertainment" ?
I hope ABC iview lists 7.30 and Four Corners as entertainment as well.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Their lean is significantly overbalanced by the hundreds of other organisations that are biased the other way.

I would agree that there are more liberal news organisations than there are conservative, I think that's probably natural given the kind of person who's going to drawn towards a career in journalism, however the ratio you claiming here is just more unsubstantiated nonsense.

strider

Post Whore
All 3 of those are the same organisation or work for the same organisation. Yeah there are heaps, if you say so.
Alan Jones is on 2GB right? (Just checking incase i missed a move)

Well 2GB is Macquarie Media formerly owned by Fairfax, now owned by Nine

TheRam

Coach
Nope,

Jones works for Macquarie Media which is majority owned by Nine entertainment co, nothing to do with NewsCorp, who own Sky and News limited.

So that's the two largest media holding companies in Australia.

Maybe you should rethink and or reword that assessment.

TheRam

Coach
Alan Jones is on 2GB right? (Just checking incase i missed a move)

Well 2GB is Macquarie Media formerly owned by Fairfax, now owned by Nine

Yes but...come on you can do it, just a little more thought and maybe investigation.

Latest posts