What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Again, my comments are basically about players below the development and reserve grade level.

Not really, I doubt players are just leaving for a basic junior contract.

What are we meant to do for example (which is probably what is happening) if say the tigers/dogs offer one of our 18/19 year olds a under 20’s contract for 2020 development contract for 2021 and / or development/top 30 contract for 2022 (when they are 21/22)?

Do we match it? Just so we can keep the player?

Or do we have a succession plan and/or identification process in place (which potentially appears to be possible - looks like we have 4-5 players in line for development contracts who are only 19/20 this year along with a couple top 30 players who are only 21 this year) and follow that ?

Also MON may appear to be slow, but gee its not easy to simply match a offer from another club with a development contract for 2021 or 2022, there is a bit to consider.

As much as it's a concern. I do see a few teams who pour heaps into juniors and get then ready and play regular NRL. And they are far from that successful.
A lot of the better teams seem to just build a squad from who is NRL ready and on market.

Exactly. While the juniors can help you get a bit of cap value in the early years of their NRL career (if you are lucky), a large program can become a complete distraction for an NRL club (and the people who generously donate their time to helping it out).

However, given that a club has decided to consider offering a deal to player X, introducing a system that causes unnecessary delays in making an offer doesn't have a lot of upside. I guess it depends on what aspects of the system cause those delays and whether they are necessary, and what you do with the resources / time that aren't being devoted to re-signing juniors.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Thought those pre MON signings for 2019 had us battling for the spoon.....gee the times are changing......
Don’t know anyone who was against us signing Paulo, Lane and Fergo.............. And after all these years of shit you would hope they finally are.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Couple of photos of Schneider in the background from today’s session (I think it’s him). He’s not huge but I don’t think he looks small for a hooker. I’m guessing he’ll be our back-up hooker in 2020.

C9F98C73-CC51-4333-94D5-32218EA05EB5.jpeg

038520E0-FB37-4DFA-80E7-796AE9289052.jpeg

84 Baby

Referee
We must be looking at different photos. Which one do you reckon is Parry, and in what photo?
Parry is the really blurry guy in a different shirt on the right in the first photo. He’s standing next to what looks like a building in the background. That’s actually Hollis’ left leg

Latest posts