What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
We poached Sivo,Nikuore and Salmon for peanuts. All have contributed to the NRL side.
Says who we can't poach a few more guys who are ready for NRL.
Mahoney and Stone where also taken from other clubs.
Says who we ain't looking elsewhere

T.S Quint

Coach
November 1 has passed and Drown is still unsigned beyond next year. Believe Nrown and Mahoney in same position, all free agents to sign elsewhere. This makes me nervous as the club has been sitting on its hands while a plethora of promising juniors have simply been signed by other clubs. All these players should have already been signed up before the due date and we're in real danger of them going elsewhere. O'Neill has been praised for signing players for their true value, now he should be criticised for being tardy in re-signing players. We'll pay for this, either through paying higher than wanting to because they have received offers from elsewhere or we lose the players we want to keep.

Sitting on its hands?
You really believe that we didn’t offer Mahoney, Brown and Stefano any contract at all before November 1st?

As I said in another thread, we can’t make them sign. They all know offers will come from other clubs and are willing to wait and hear them.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Well that's the problem with having a successful first grade team. Merkins feel like their path is blocked. Anyway, that tweet can't be true, I heard we didn't even talk to him.

Incorrect

Coach
Wonder if the Tigers will make a play for Drown... If Benji stays involved with the club after he finishes up they might use that as a carrot to dangle in front of him given Dylbaags has been open in his admiration of Marshall growing up. And if Madge is still NZ coach, there's another incentive....

Daniel Vella

Juniors
Wonder if the Tigers will make a play for Drown... If Benji stays involved with the club after he finishes up they might use that as a carrot to dangle in front of him given Dylbaags has been open in his admiration of Marshall growing up. And if Madge is still NZ coach, there's another incentive....
I don't think so they have Walters

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Now that would be worth blowing up about. I can cop losing junior front rowers, the best young half in the comp would be another matter entirely.

Daniel Vella

Juniors
I think they would be more likely to make a play at Mahoney. After Farah retiring

Latest posts