What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

adamkungl

Immortal
His manager(s) are playing games with multiple clubs for an increasingly smaller chance at a big payday.

Robinson and Politis obviously saw this from day 1 and decided to have no part in it.

Hopefully they burn themselves out of options, he punts his manager (again) and comes crawling back

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah it became pretty obvious a few days ago that Latrell and his team were just taking the piss out of the Tigers.

He's on his way to becoming the most reviled player in the game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
these are the type of bogan comments come to expect from you.

Firstly

Ben matulino did not officially retire until Oct 31 2019, check is wikipedia dope.

"in the 2019 NRL season, Matulino made 13 appearances for the Wests Tigers as the club finished 9th on the table. On 31 October, Matulino announced his retirement from rugby league.[46]"

There could be no official NRL investigation/decision until he officially retired.

Secondly

Sam Burgess officially retired on October 30 2019. day before Ben M.

Third

Ben Maulino was signed by Tigers in 2017 for three years starting 2018. He missed first half of 2017 with a knee injury , he retired with a knee injury.Ben had incentive to switch from Warriors to Tigers cause of $$/contract period.

Fourth

Sam was signed for 4 years Sept 2018. If Souths had any knowledge that his should would shorten his career , they would not have extended his deal. That assumes as NRL CEO has stated that Souths are running a business and not a charity to footballers.

I’m not as upto date with the Sam/Souths facts so won’t try and rebute then however considering how wrong you’ve got the Tigers ones I’m not exactly trusting them

Firstly

It was announced Matulino had retired to the public on 31st of October. It was reported in the media as early as late July that the Tigers had put forward the papers for medical retirement and confirmed by the club in August.

Third

He missed 7 games in 2017, I realize you’re a Souffs fan so maths isn’t your finest suit however 7 is hardly ‘half a season.’ He then played 52 of the next possible 53 games before injuring the other knee.

Anyways my post was purely in reference to the multitude of souths fans screaming that the NRL has some sort of vendetta against them for not giving them Sams medical retirement already after 3 weeks, when the precedent in time frame is approx 3 months. Not as to whether or not he deserves it.

Last edited:

YoHadrian

Juniors
His manager(s) are playing games with multiple clubs for an increasingly smaller chance at a big payday.

Robinson and Politis obviously saw this from day 1 and decided to have no part in it.

Hopefully they burn themselves out of options, he punts his manager (again) and comes crawling back

Seems as though that's exactly what is happening. Surely other clubs are watching this circus & thinking they want no part of it unless he is willing to drop in price a bit. He's f*cked himself big time.

Tiger5150

Bench
Looks to me like it is and has always been Souffs. IMO Roosters found this out and thats why they burned him, also why they made the comment early in the piece about releasing him to them. Only question now is if they can get the Burgess money off the cap to get him for 2020 (assuming Roosters play along).

Clearly Mitchell and/or his management is a merkin, he is a talentless hack and Im glad the Tigers arent wasting $1M a year on him. That last but is bullshit, I was desperately hoping he was coming.

Like others have said, I feel a bit sorry for him, I dont think this is the way his career should be going.

adamkungl

Immortal
I think he's waiting on Souths.
If he signs with Souths for 2021 I wonder what Roosters do? No chance we let him go early. f**k that.
Are we petty enough to sit him at Norths?

I think the message for Latrell is the message that Phil Jackson gave to Toni Kukoc when he was mulling over singing with the Chicago Bulls in the 1990-91 season or staying in Europe "Either sh$t or get off the pot".

Timbo

Staff member
He’s going to sign with the Titans, get fat and lazy whilst still being one of the better players on a bad roster, and the contract after this one will be with Japanese Rugby because they’ll be the only ones who match his fee.

The unknown

Juniors
Well does sound like he's been toying with us the whole time, marquee player or not I'm glad the club has finally grown a backbone for once and said f**k off we're not interested anymore

Whilst being involved in this shit show we missed out on potential signings Tevanato, Brimson and probably Arrow & a couple others aswell.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
Latrell and his manager will expect nothing less than a Ferrari when you chauffeur him around. :grinning:

if Valentine Holmes is getting a million a year
If Ben Hunt Hunt is getting a million a year
If whoever else is getting a million a year then his manager is useless if he doesn’t at try for the same.
Latrell is an absolute match winner.
He actually has the runs on the board to ask that price too.

Lebbo73

Bench
if Valentine Holmes is getting a million a year
If Ben Hunt Hunt is getting a million a year
If whoever else is getting a million a year then his manager is useless if he doesn’t at try for the same.
Latrell is an absolute match winner.
He actually has the runs on the board to ask that price too.
Don’t get me started on Ben Hunt. The discussions I was having on the Dragons board about his contract when it was offered to him was a magical time to be alive. 50% of Dragons supporters were deadset against it as well. Fun times.

carcharias

Immortal
Don’t get me started on Ben Hunt. The discussions I was having on the Dragons board about his contract when it was offered to him was a magical time to be alive. 50% of Dragons supporters were deadset against it as well. Fun times.
If you’re Latrell and you see that pleb getting a million what else would you think?

Latrell has barely missed a game in 4 years
Won 2 comps
I think 2nd top try scorer this year.
He probably has better stats than Inglis in his prime.

Latest posts