What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

betcats

Referee
I'm not sure if his finest moment was arguing against the mythical person who said JWH wasn't a top 5 prop, or calling Papa fat & lazy, or arguing JWH has more impact than Papa (he only scored 2 match winning solo tries in the run to the GF & had better attacking stats than JWH all season, plus defends the house down) ...

But my favourite is that the measure of a devoted Roosters fan is that "watches ever Roosters game..." gees, the DEVOTION of that fan base! To even watch every single game. My word. They truly are special. Move over Knights fans! Move over you open eyed, crazy misguided Broncos fans, you Canberrans who get out to a minus 3 degree concrete freezer all year. This bloke looks up from his latte for upwards of 100 minutes each weekend!

Papi has been fat and lazy for parts of his career. Even this year Ricky Stuart and Kevin Walters both blasted him for his efforts around origin time.

adamkungl

Immortal
I’m no roosters lover, but I 100% agree that he is.

The fact that JWH isn’t widely considered the best prop in the game and the top handful of players fullstop has always seemed bewildering to me.

Guys like Jesse Bromwich and David Klemmer have generally been given these titles yet in every big game JWH makes them his bitch. I mean FFS in 15/16 people were calling Woods and Graham this.

I know Keary got the CCM in 18 bit I’ll go as far to say that if JWH played for Melbourne that game they win. He ran roughshot over the Storm pack and completely set the tone for the night.

If I could sign any Roosters player it would be him or Teddy with daylight second.

Roosters have a lot of overrated and outright bad players according to the brains of LU
Just goes to show how much favouritism we must get from the refs and NRL to keep winning games with a team full of spuds

Vee

First Grade
Tigers pretty well offered him the million... why the f**k is his manager dribbling to the Titans who have said they have about 100K left, and the Cowboys who already have 2 x million buck players on their books .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Roosters have a lot of overrated and outright bad players according to the brains of LU
Just goes to show how much favouritism we must get from the refs and NRL to keep winning games with a team full of spuds

Well I suppose it goes both ways. I mean look at the start of this thread. Apparently Latrell Mitchell was the single greatest player to lace on a boot, yet now that he’s leaving he isn’t that good and Billy Smith is better anyway.

betcats

Referee
Well I suppose it goes both ways. I mean look at the start of this thread. Apparently Latrell Mitchell was the single greatest player to lace on a boot, yet now that he’s leaving he isn’t that good and Billy Smith is better anyway.

12 months ago he was a much hotter prospect, he'd have got a million on the market back then for sure. 12 months ago he looked like one of the most talented and competitive guys going round(he still looks that talented), he'd get into personal battles with guys like Chambers and destroy them. He has hurt himself beyond all reasoning since then in terms of his value. His effort in origin one and the GF was so far off Latrell last season when I watched him wrecking blokes. Taking a week off after copping heavy criticism. Splitting with his manager, bringing Mundine into negotiations, Having a new manager plus others approaching every club and using the media as part of there attempt to "get the cash" as was Mudines deep advice.

I hope Latrell gets some new people in his corner, he is entitled to ask for as much as he can possible get but there is a way of doing things and the way he has done it is not the way. He wants clubs to pay a million plus to bring that circus into their team, the way he has carried himself he will only get it from a desperate club now, he is out there burning bridges and having offers withdrawn because of his or his peoples behaviour all in an attempt to "get the cash", it is beyond stupid for him to be in this situation now.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal

Not speaking for anyone else, fans gonna fan, but I think he's going to be a great of the game.
Despite what most people think, we can't pay everyone $1M and Tedesco Keary Manu offer better bang for your backline bucks. Not happy he's seemingly leaving but happy the club isn't screwing itself into a corner.

Latrell needs to lose the distractions and poor advice though. It would be a tragic waste to see him derailed by leeching family members and greedy managers. Fittler saw this 6 months ago. Apparently LM doesn't think Fittler's advice is worth much because he seems to have doubled down on the drama since then.

But a good coach and a clear head and he'll go far.
I'll support him anywhere... except Souths. and St George. and Brisbane.
Still a huge fan of RTS and Mitchell Pearce (lol) for what it's worth...

Haffa

I’m no roosters lover, but I 100% agree that he is.

The fact that JWH isn’t widely considered the best prop in the game and the top handful of players fullstop has always seemed bewildering to me.

Guys like Jesse Bromwich and David Klemmer have generally been given these titles yet in every big game JWH makes them his bitch. I mean FFS in 15/16 people were calling Woods and Graham this.

I know Keary got the CCM in 18 bit I’ll go as far to say that if JWH played for Melbourne that game they win. He ran roughshot over the Storm pack and completely set the tone for the night.

If I could sign any Roosters player it would be him or Teddy with daylight second.
I'm not a roosters fan and I'm the one who first said it in this thread. He's the best prop in the game by some margin.

Not that it's got much to do with Latrell rather than retaining JWH and SST is more imprtant than givign that money to a centre.

carcharias

Immortal
Did Manu even play in the gf? LM is better and not that much more expensive.

we’ll take him at the Sharks Ey
I’ll even wash his undies post games and training.
The dude is a once in generation signing for any club.
Equal to Inglis at his peak .

Imagine if Tedesco cops a serious injury and they e lost LM to the titans over 200k per year.

im actually amused the Roosters are even mentioning a salary cap.
f**kers can sign anyone they want normally.
Tedesco and Cronk
Baha

we’ll take him at the Sharks Ey
I’ll even wash his undies post games and training.
The dude is a once in generation signing for any club.
Equal to Inglis at his peak .

Imagine if Tedesco cops a serious injury and they e lost LM to the titans over 200k per year.

im actually amused the Roosters are even mentioning a salary cap.
f**kers can sign anyone they want normally.
Tedesco and Cronk
Baha

It’s not a matter of 200k though, is it? He wants to play fullback. I don’t think the promise of letting him play FB if Teddy gets injured will be enough to keep him somehow. So does the club move Teddy to centre to accommodate Latrell?

Also it was important to keep JWH and SST. Your backs can’t do shit without decent forwards and these guys are too good to let go.