What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Whatever Sam visuals turn up, Sam needs to claim it wasn’t his hand in the photo, he doesn’t party and he certainly doesn’t sweat.

The non-release of stef is likely to cause disruption and distraction in the squad as other players will sorry for him. They can’t buy into human rights abuses.

We all know where the boys have a few quiet orange juices and lentil soups after a home match and I’m going to make my way down there and pass him secret messages from the tiger faithful.

That will save him scrawling out secret messages in the home team locker room for Madge.

“ get me the f out of here”

Its a bastard act on a youngster who needs to make his way in the world. Your dictatorial self loathing Stalinist management should be ashamed of themselves.

Only the hardest heart would deny stef his god-given right to play for the west tigers.
What the f**k are you banging on about??? He has a contract, not a prison sentence, and willingly signed it.

So you want to teach a young player that a contract is worthless apparently. Very poor example to set and that could come back to bite you on the arse in his final year if he signs elsewhere. That is if he is even still playing NRL then, and good luck with that.

Sounds like you think he is the gun player the W-T are missing. Guess what, you're missing plenty of gun players.

What the f**k are you banging on about??? He has a contract, not a prison sentence, and willingly signed it.

So you want to teach a young player that a contract is worthless apparently. Very poor example to set and that could come back to bite you on the arse in his final year if he signs elsewhere. That is if he is even still playing NRL then, and good luck with that.

Sounds like you think he is the gun player the W-T are missing. Guess what, you're missing plenty of gun players.

Yeah well matterson had a contract too that your ugly lot where only to happy to induce or encourage him to breach.

You didn’t teach him to honour contracts did you? Poor example for the kids wasn’t it?’

Doh!

Stef could be paying off family debts, buying a new Camry and a house or unit somewhere. He could enrol in a business course, buy a franchise, help the relatives and friends in relative poverty overseas.

But you blokes want to keep him struggling on the poverty line. Cruel his progress and hurt him.

It’s a mean spirited disgrace and a lot of your own players will resent you for it.

Who wants to buy into a club that treats players like shiz?

Now shush, man up and hand him over.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah well matterson had a contract too that your ugly lot where only to happy to induce or encourage him to breach.

You didn’t teach him to honour contracts did you? Poor example for the kids wasn’t it?’

Doh!

Stef could be paying off family debts, buying a new Camry and a house or unit somewhere. He could enrol in a business course, buy a franchise, help the relatives and friends in relative poverty overseas.

But you blokes want to keep him struggling on the poverty line. Cruel his progress and hurt him.

It’s a mean spirited disgrace and a lot of your own players will resent you for it.

Who wants to buy into a club that treats players like shiz?

Now shush, man up and hand him over.

I doubt any of players will care. Stefano is hardly 18th man for origin. Tigers could of upgraded Matterson like he deserved. It's what happens in the real world.
I hope Stefano kills it for you also. Teach our management a lesson. But from what I have seen I doubt he be anymore then a average prop. His leg speed is like watching a tractor take off. He is no Payme Hass

emjaycee

Coach
I would only add Himdmarsh Lyon Vella Ryan and Pj to our squad.

Drop Jennings taka alvaro evans nikure. Brad Drew and Wagon get honorable mentions. And David Solomana was unstoppable at one stage
Are you adding the Andrew Ryan who had 24 games experience at the start of 2001 or the Andrew Ryan who ended up with 291 first grade games and a heap of representative honors by the time he retired? Same with PJ (12 games experience at the start of 2001) and Lyon with 9 games only.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing hey...

Bazal

Post Whore
Are you adding the Andrew Ryan who had 24 games experience at the start of 2001 or the Andrew Ryan who ended up with 291 first grade games and a heap of representative honors by the time he retired? Same with PJ (12 games experience at the start of 2001) and Lyon with 9 games only.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing hey...

All Chiefy's scoops come with the benefit of hindsight...

emjaycee

Coach
Seems strange that we'd give him permission to negotiate with other clubs for 2020 and then not let him go.
Was he given permission to negotiate for 2020?
I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

We offered him $700k for 3 years as an untested First Grader and he took the Tigers deal for $33k a year more. $800k for a kid who has never played First Grade and is no guarantee of being anything other than another Alex Twal at this stage of his career.

We offered him $700k for 3 years as an untested First Grader and he took the Tigers deal for $33k a year more. $800k for a kid who has never played First Grade and is no guarantee of being anything other than another Alex Twal at this stage of his career.
We never gave him permission to negotiate for 2020.
That was my point. Given how we are protesting I'd say he definitely was not given permission. So how can the Tigers be offering him $266K for next year?

84 Baby

Referee

I’m assuming that 700k included a bump up for 2020 plus 3 years?

emjaycee

Coach
That was my point. Given how we are protesting I'd say he definitely was not given permission. So how can the Tigers be offering him $266K for next year?
I thought they were offering him $266k for 2021-2023 inclusive and not for 2020.
They are 'hoping' we release him so he can join them early.

Noise

Coach
He doesn’t need permission for the Tigers to verbally make an offer. He’s signed for 3 years from 2021 but I have no doubt they have said to him if you come in 2020 we’ll give you a lot more than your currently on.

I thought they were offering him $266k for 2021-2023 inclusive and not for 2020.
They are 'hoping' we release him so he can join them early.
Yeah I reckon that's right but I was replying to Silverdale Phantom who said that's what he'd get next year if we released him. It's probably close to the mark though.

He doesn’t need permission for the Tigers to verbally make an offer. He’s signed for 3 years from 2021 but I have no doubt they have said to him if you come in 2020 we’ll give you a lot more than your currently on.
You can make a verbal offer to a player under contract?

Latest posts