What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
Yet Harry isn’t allowed to be a TPA because he was our major sponsor 19 years ago

With the NRL nothing surprises me in terms of making stupid short sighted mate favouring,/ team favouring decisions. It's the reason people snigger when we call ourselves a national comp but have teams only on the eastern seaboard in terms of aussie teams.
Say what you will about the afl but they are miles in front of us in most things. How many pro teams have you heard of when they sack the CEO because he dared to try and implement kpis...

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Oh and on Lomax were we ever a chance, I doubt it. Seems odd he was ever going to be realistic chance of coming to us then turn around a sign a 6 year deal for the dragons. 3 years I get but six. Seems like we were just a trampoline to boost his pay day.

If you are talking about the Smoking Chum he has a worse strike rate than The Mole.

There will be a meeting, he will try to exact more money from us and hopefully we refuse.

he doesn’t really want to play for us, he wants our loot. It’s not destination tigers it’s destination cash into latrell and his f**king entourage of bloodsucking f**kheads.

Jac and a Moylan plus a frisky junior would be a much better option.

If we sign him, I wouldn’t play him v roosters, they will be ready to smash and injure him into oblivion.

Voluntarily and without instruction. They will try to make coach and nick happy. They are a tight unit.

This is understandable. Not because he’s latrell but because he is ungrateful and indignant, greedy and he stands for snitching and ratting. He’s their dodgy Ryan matterson on steroids

Every player in the game will know latrell will be here to cash up, not because he wants to play here. We will still struggle to get elite and players will look to us for the wrong reasons. A club you have a one night stand with but get up in the morning before the club gets up and disappear out the door after stealing our wallet. Nobody will be here to win a premiership. It’s packer and grub etc 101. Why we keep going back to eat our recruitment vomit is beyond me.

Once again, lats was not on our list of players to recruit. He’s being contemplated only by the greed of his hangers on, a bit him and dare I say it, by the courage of the Sydney roosters. The latter is a side almost every player dreams of playing for.

We should be like them in many respects, not against them.

We shouldn’t even turn up for the meeting.

Set it all up and then head off to Chrissys Lawrence’s for a prawn bbq. I’d rather be cracking jokes with the Lawrence family then staring down Mundine and co with his negative psychotic brain dead self flogging bullshiz.

Teach the lad and his bloodsuckers a lesson. Send a message to the nrl.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
There will be a meeting, he will try to exact more money from us and hopefully we refuse.

he doesn’t really want to play for us, he wants our loot. It’s not destination tigers it’s destination cash into latrell and his f**king entourage of bloodsucking f**kheads.

Jac and a Moylan plus a frisky junior would be a much better option.

If we sign him, I wouldn’t play him v roosters, they will be ready to smash and injure him into oblivion.

Voluntarily and without instruction. They will try to make coach and nick happy. They are a tight unit.

This is understandable. Not because he’s latrell but because he is ungrateful and indignant, greedy and he stands for snitching and ratting. He’s their dodgy Ryan matterson on steroids

Every player in the game will know latrell will be here to cash up, not because he wants to play here. We will still struggle to get elite and players will look to us for the wrong reasons. A club you have a one night stand with but get up in the morning before the club gets up and disappear out the door after stealing our wallet. Nobody will be here to win a premiership. It’s packer and grub etc 101. Why we keep going back to eat our recruitment vomit is beyond me.

Once again, lats was not on our list of players to recruit. He’s being contemplated only by the greed of his hangers on, a bit him and dare I say it, by the courage of the Sydney roosters. The latter is a side almost every player dreams of playing for.

We should be like them in many respects, not against them.

We shouldn’t even turn up for the meeting.

Set it all up and then head off to Chrissys Lawrence’s for a prawn bbq. I’d rather be cracking jokes with the Lawrence family then staring down Mundine and co with his negative psychotic brain dead self flogging bullshiz.

Teach the lad and his bloodsuckers a lesson. Send a message to the nrl.
Nah, I think I'd sign him, he can learn to love us later.

BTW, I would think most Tier 1 players would have the same philosophy of "we are only here for a short time, make it while you can". I don't have a problem with that, it's up to the club to keep him (if he shows he's worth it).

super_coach

First Grade
My guess and it’s only a guess...Cody Walker to the Gold Coast and Arrow and Mitchell to the Rabbits.
There is talk they want JAC to, that might take some real fiddling of the books

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Rabbits take LM I wonder if they would release Alex Johnston to us. I'd take him at fullback and he knows what to expect from Madge

Plenty of high calibre football left in Johnston.

He stole the superb nathan merritts spot as a teenager. Competition was fierce between them.

Madge knows most of those earlier rabbit players better than he knows his own family.

They are not firing under Bennett. They may prefer a less pressurised environment.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/l...y/news-story/596c25cbc92a7c382b10bbf83417d949

Just reading this article about indigenous politics, LM, JAC & Cody Walker all refused to sing the anthem at the SOO. To me, not a big deal.

I guess it's politics, but they are some of the privileged few who earn good coin to represent the state and if lucky, Australia. I just find it strange that they play this card when it suits them. Surely if they feel so strongly about it, they should do something else.

While I would like to have both LM & JAC here, does anyone think they could be not worth the trouble they are surely going to bring?

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd love to have Latrell and JAC. Personally I couldn't care less if they don't sing the national anthem. That is their decision. They can both play and would add a bunch of excitement to our team.

I don't see why people get all worked up about the flag, the queen and our anthem. Australia is a great country that I love but it's okay for stuff to change and especially stuff like that. Personally I have no allegiance to England or our past that is based upon colonisation.

I'm not okay though with giving out money to people for doing nothing unless we end up with some form of universal basic income. I don't think that helps anyone.

WA Tiger

Bench
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/l...y/news-story/596c25cbc92a7c382b10bbf83417d949

Just reading this article about indigenous politics, LM, JAC & Cody Walker all refused to sing the anthem at the SOO. To me, not a big deal.

I guess it's politics, but they are some of the privileged few who earn good coin to represent the state and if lucky, Australia. I just find it strange that they play this card when it suits them. Surely if they feel so strongly about it, they should do something else.

While I would like to have both LM & JAC here, does anyone think they could be not worth the trouble they are surely going to bring?
. Lucky u arn’t the tigers recruitment guy..that’s a question u need to research first and then answer yourself ...

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Non issue and like many other Australians I doubt they even know the words to the anthem.

Media beat up when they run out of important news such as 'Who was spotting catching public transport to Strathfield? Luke Brooks!'

For sure....young players..and a good few older one's arent aware they're being goaded into making a no win headline comment...mock righteous indignation by the journos who keep it going to feed off it for a few more days ....in Mitchell's case all it may succeed in doing is having him go to Union or join SBW where he'd probably be welcomed with open arms and much more money....that'd teach him some respect!

Tiger Ted

Bench
Love that song.....
But favourite is still....Money for nothing and your chicks for free.......
Couldn’t get that song out of my head after watching Dire Straits play 6 consecutive concerts in 80’s while working at the hordern pavilion when I was a uni student.