What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Correct me if I am wrong but wont most of the 5m reduction seems to be coming from payouts which isn't coming out of the football operating budget. I really struggle to see how anyone can read that article and decide we are no longer finals threat consistently or to suggest the team is going back to pre Gus times in terms of the limitedresources is really reading a f**kload into a budget.

Ivans finals record is one appearance in his past 7 seasons as coach. He will be leading us for the next 4 seasons without Gus around to help him/us get shit done.

The budget being lessened. Our biggest attraction for sponsors and players is gone. This is our weakest roster in 7 or 8 years. Every team starts with a chance to make the finals. But realistically how good would ours be?

They have done well with recruitment so far.
In your opinion. Koroisau was a solid signing fixing an issue in the roster. Tetevano and Capewell prevented us from being able to fix our next biggest issue (our backs).

They wont let the team down. They are handy players. But they dont make us a better teamas such. A similar quality centre could have had a much bigger impact toward improving us.

I know we missed out on a couple. But rushing to fill our roster with whoever we could get is hardly good recruitment. Why give up on fixing the issue by adding depth we don't need?

Gus f**ked up in the roster management too. Everyone makes bad decisions at times. But our roster has not been this poorly balanced in a very long time.

kinghippo

Juniors
Panthers as a business is a hugely successful and profitable organisation.
No matter what figures are being thrown around about the football side of things they will have had a fleet of accountants on it to make sure they will be turning a profit first and foremost every year.
The numbers themselves are completely irrelevant.

The 10 man panel sounds good and could well be something Ivan considered or was insisted after his recruiting disasters from the Tigers.
The more people with input the better really.

Now all we need to is infiltrate this board with forum members to get some accurate information and have some good decisions made :grinning:

betcats

Referee
Ivans finals record is one appearance in his past 7 seasons as coach. He will be leading us for the next 4 seasons without Gus around to help him/us get shit done.

The budget being lessened. Our biggest attraction for sponsors and players is gone. This is our weakest roster in 7 or 8 years. Every team starts with a chance to make the finals. But realistically how good would ours be?

In your opinion. Koroisau was a solid signing fixing an issue in the roster. Tetevano and Capewell prevented us from being able to fix our next biggest issue (our backs).

They wont let the team down. They are handy players. But they dont make us a better teamas such. A similar quality centre could have had a much bigger impact toward improving us.

I know we missed out on a couple. But rushing to fill our roster with whoever we could get is hardly good recruitment. Why give up on fixing the issue by adding depth we don't need?

Gus f**ked up in the roster management too. Everyone makes bad decisions at times. But our roster has not been this poorly balanced in a very long time.

Whst does the football club grant have to do with Ivan’s finals record? He almost coached the flat broke tigers to the finals, he can do it here with our hge academy and coaching staff to support him. And I love Gus but hook didn’t want to work with him and neither did Ivan so he was possibly more hinderance then help to our coaches.

Rushing to fill the roster with whatever we can get is the opposite of our recruitment this year, we have been careful and considered on our recruitment.

Disagree with just about everything you said. I’ll ask again, have you watched the videos recently? They have a huge amount of resources. You just look for any negative to harp on and build up imo but please go ahead.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

Storm will have Seve and Olam as their centres. Rookie Fullback. Rookie Halfback plenty of teams are worse off then us in the backs

franklin2323

Immortal
Whst does the football club grant have to do with Ivan’s finals record? He almost coached the flat broke tigers to the finals, he can do it here with our hge academy and coaching staff to support him. And I love Gus but hook didn’t want to work with him and neither did Ivan so he was possibly more hinderance then help to our coaches.

Rushing to fill the roster with whatever we can get is the opposite of our recruitment this year, we have been careful and considered on our recruitment.

Disagree with just about everything you said. I’ll ask again, have you watched the videos recently? They have a huge amount of resources. You just look for any negative to harp on and build up imo but please go ahead.

Not just coaches. Look at the CEO turnover etc under Gus. The onfield results masked the problems of the front office. It's stable now...I still have my doubts over Ivan and Dave O'Neill but the committee has enough smart guys on it to go well. Barrett is here to help Ivan so who knows that side of it

I'm not a huge Gus fan but no one earning good coin wants to live in Penrith. Risks needed to be taken and he got pretty close. Might haave pulled it off if he didn't sign Hook

Not just about the value of the deals, but the lengths. He didn’t need to take that many risks.

But it’s not just his fault, it’s the fault of the board for letting one man make so many key decisions for so long. In the cleanup period when Gus first came here I get the idea of giving him free reign, and he did a good job of fixing things up. The problem lies with not returning to a normal management structure once that was done. Gus stayed too long.

martielang

Bench
Storm will have Seve and Olam as their centres. Rookie Fullback. Rookie Halfback plenty of teams are worse off then us in the backs

C'mon Franklin, Olam & Paps look to be 2 of the best upcoming players in the comp. Hughes has plenty of runs on the board also. You can't genuinely think they have a worse backline then ours...

Seve should of been a target of ours well before Chambers & Scott were released. Big, strong, fast & solid defensively, & looked to be excess before everyone wanted out of the Storm.

mxlegend99

Referee
Their roster has been f**ked by Cam Smith staying on.

That said their spine stillshits on ours with them winning 3 of 4 positions comfortably.
Their centres are better than ours
Wing too if JAC stays with them
They still have a better pack than us.

Even with their side gutted. They will more than likely finish above us. But they have definitely had a terrible run with recruitment and retention. For the first time in a long time.

franklin2323

Immortal
C'mon Franklin, Olam & Paps look to be 2 of the best upcoming players in the comp. Hughes has plenty of runs on the board also. You can't genuinely think they have a worse backline then ours...

Seve should of been a target of ours well before Chambers & Scott were released. Big, strong, fast & solid defensively, & looked to be excess before everyone wanted out of the Storm.

Their wingers are better. Munster is better then our halves but the rest is not much difference very inexperienced and a huge upside but as it stands atm can't say either way.

Seve has been to a few clubs and not cracked FG there has to be a reason behind it. People just like to whinge without looking at context

franklin2323

Immortal
Their roster has been f**ked by Cam Smith staying on.

That said their spine stillshits on ours with them winning 3 of 4 positions comfortably.
Their centres are better than ours
Wing too if JAC stays with them
They still have a better pack than us.

Even with their side gutted. They will more than likely finish above us. But they have definitely had a terrible run with recruitment and retention. For the first time in a long time.

How are their centres better?
Olam has played 17 games mostly on the wing
Seve 0 games

Bellamy said he was going too. Both wingers want out hardly a settled team as they have had in the past

betcats

Referee
How are their centres better?
Olam has played 17 games mostly on the wing
Seve 0 games

Bellamy said he was going too. Both wingers want out hardly a settled team as they have had in the past

Olam is 25 and played 17 games in three seasons but yeah he is one of the best upcoming players in the comp.... I don't even know the other guy. Olam is off contract this season, JAC wants out now, they are seriously struggling in the backs now and it is just getting worse next year with Suni going also JAC will def be going next year if not this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Their wingers are better. Munster is better then our halves but the rest is not much difference very inexperienced and a huge upside but as it stands atm can't say either way.

Seve has been to a few clubs and not cracked FG there has to be a reason behind it. People just like to whinge without looking at context
Same could be said for Naden last year.

What's your obsession with games played? Whare has played a lot. But there are a lot of rookies that would do a better job than him at this point in his career.

Bellamy pushed Chambers out while Scott was being shopped around. I think Scott will be a mistake but Bellamy clearly rates these guys you don't.

But realistically this all goes back to Cam Smith staying on. Him wanting one more year takes a million away from the rest of their squad.

I think they will be considerably weaker than 2019. But still a fringe top 4 side. Thry lost Cronk and Slater and didnt skip a beat. These losses are nothing in comparison.

John Hamblin

Juniors

Tetevano and Capewell are a big improvement from Sele, Winterstein and Fuimaiono. I thouught all three were ordinary

franklin2323

Immortal
Olam is 25 and played 17 games in three seasons but yeah he is one of the best upcoming players in the comp.... I don't even know the other guy. Olam is off contract this season, JAC wants out now, they are seriously struggling in the backs now and it is just getting worse next year with Suni going also JAC will def be going next year if not this year.

Very similar to us really with so much doubt and rookies together

franklin2323

Immortal
Same could be said for Naden last year.

What's your obsession with games played? Whare has played a lot. But there are a lot of rookies that would do a better job than him at this point in his career.

Bellamy pushed Chambers out while Scott was being shopped around. I think Scott will be a mistake but Bellamy clearly rates these guys you don't.

But realistically this all goes back to Cam Smith staying on. Him wanting one more year takes a million away from the rest of their squad.

I think they will be considerably weaker than 2019. But still a fringe top 4 side. Thry lost Cronk and Slater and didnt skip a beat. These losses are nothing in comparison.

You need experience to win big games it has been proven time and time again.

The same applies to their young guys as ours or any in the comp. Takes time to develop that is very different then not rating anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts