What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

Ads

First Grade
Im not going to pretend even understand all that.
All I know is driving through the Royal National Park every couple of days I’ve noticed massive amounts of dry fuel .
I really do t know where they’d start to get rid of it all...or how.
The bulk of the park hasn’t burnt in over 20 years from memory. Some arsonist will probably get to it at some stage.

Quicksilver

Bench
The bulk of the park hasn’t burnt in over 20 years from memory. Some arsonist will probably get to it at some stage.

I think they've done some hazard reduction burns fairly recently.

Someone had a crack at starting a couple of fires in there a few weeks ago. Multiple ignition points between Loftus/ Grays Pt . They got it under control fairly quickly. Never heard if anyone got caught for it though.

Eion

First Grade
Got a mate who's a copper in a chopper. He was telling me about a young dude out west lighting multiple fires right under them. He saw them and didn't give a crap.

Yes....they got him, he'll probably get a suspended sentence.

These germs should get the full terrorist sentence treatment for mine

Generalzod

Immortal
Got a mate who's a copper in a chopper. He was telling me about a young dude out west lighting multiple fires right under them. He saw them and didn't give a crap.

Wasn’t all these fires down south start in Bega the work of an arsonist..also the fire started in George’s hall was the work of an arsonist a 71 year old man

Last edited:

bluefox68

Staff member
What's with these arsonist? Do they get sexual pleasure at watching everything burn.??

Don't know - but my guess at psychoanalyising would be: the powerless get pleasure out of exercising power over something - that could be someone weaker than them, or something that affects a lot of people (e.g. fires).

Ads

First Grade

They should introduce mandatory minimum sentences of 10+ years or something. Upgrade to murder if people die as a result. Get ruthless

carcharias

Immortal
Can anyone remember if Rudd copped this much or any shit when 73 people and over 2000 homes were lost in 2009?
Was it blamed on climate change?

serious question .

Quigs

Immortal
A lot has changed since 2009 and a lot of departments were seriously cut back.

Generalzod

Immortal
Can anyone remember if Rudd copped this much or any shit when 73 people and over 2000 homes were lost in 2009?

serious question .
I used to be an denier but my daughter's god father has a degree in Meteorology and Physics and he lectures at NSW Uni, we where discussing climate change or global warming, he said what do you reckon will happen if you start extracting carbon that have been trapped in the Earth for million of years and used to fuel our Machines what do you think will happen to the environment???

Quicksilver

Bench

serious question .

No he didn’t.

But he didn’t bring a lump of coal into parliament and make a big song and dance about how great it is either.

carcharias

Immortal
I used to be an denier but my daughter's god father has a degree in Meteorology and Physics and he lectures at NSW Uni, we where discussing climate change or global warming, he said what do you reckon will happen if you start extracting carbon that have been trapped in the Earth for million of years and used to fuel our Machines what do you think will happen to the environment???

That’s not answering my question though.

Before anyone accuses me of being a climate change denier
I’m not.
Never said I was
Never have been
Never will be.

Latest posts