What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Why didn't people question the hole in the ozone layer as not true. The general public accepted it and we banned cfc to repair it.And it's almost completely repaired.
But so many people are against global warming an deny it's happening.Why are people not believing this yet so accepting of the hole in ozone layer?
I'm curious
That’s easy, because the merkins reflected upon the science and solution and once they realised that the problem would be solved with no change of lifestyle or additional cost to them, they retreated. It also progressed without a hitch because there were no industry lobby groups fuelling scare campaigns with misinformation.

Noise

Coach
what do you think ?
I think we are using the planet’s resources too quickly and have problems with over population across the world, but are we seeing climate change (formerly known as global warming) caused by us? I have my doubts.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That’s easy, because the merkins reflected upon the science and solution and once they realised that the problem would be solved with no change of lifestyle or additional cost to them, they retreated. It also progressed without a hitch because there were no industry lobby groups fuelling scare campaigns with misinformation.

no change in lifestyle, agree, but it has had a cost effect in the air conditioning and refrigeration industry

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we are using the planet’s resources too quickly and have problems with over population across the world, but are we seeing climate change (formerly known as global warming) caused by us? I have my doubts.

I agree over population is one of the contributing factors. Its has to be caused by us doesn't it ? we're the only ones here. There wouldn't be so many cows farting if we didn't grow them for consumption.

The way I see it, if all the greenies/lefties are wrong, at least we have a nicer planet to live on

If the right wing conservatives are wrong, we're in deep shit

T.S Quint

Coach
Btw
Anyone else see that India yogi on Sbs last night. He wrapped his dick around a pole. Spun it and rolled it up 3 times around the stick/pole. Then placed the stick behind his buttocks. Literaly steps over the stick so his dick has now back flipped and then proceeds to do squats...

You may have just been watching one of @strider’s home movies.

Gronk

Staff member
I agree over population is one of the contributing factors. Its has to be caused by us doesn't it ? we're the only ones here. There wouldn't be so many cows farting if we didn't grow them for consumption.

The way I see it, if all the greenies/lefties are wrong, at least we have a nicer planet to live on

Bingo. It’s all upside.

That vegan shit is not good for you.

Noise

Coach
yeh true, there were no humans around then to report back to us on what caused the Ice age
The ice age isn’t the only one. There have been other instances of ‘global warming’ in history. And in turn the planet has also cooled following these ‘warming’ phases.

strider

Post Whore
The ice age isn’t the only one. There have been other instances of ‘global warming’ in history. And in turn the planet has also cooled following these ‘warming’ phases.
I believe the world can correct imbalances ... but not when its an over populated shit hole like now .... its got limits

We need some aliens to drop in and wipe out a chunk of us

Bazal

Post Whore
Some of those events are due to glaciers melting in particular areas. Are we not seeing glaciers melt now?

Yeah but there were things that caused glaciers to melt. They don't just melt on their own.

Millions of years ago it was usually meteors or large scale volcanic events. Evolution played a part too; eg when plants first evolved on land they created an ice age, and the Carboniferous period saw a large scale climate change as plant life exploded and altered the composition of the atmosphere.

This time we're the event, for more reasons that just big bad CO2...that's pretty clear.

Noise

Coach
I believe the world can correct imbalances ... but not when its an over populated shit hole like now .... its got limits

We need some aliens to drop in and wipe out a chunk of us
With the hole in the ozone layer so small these days it might be hard for the aliens to find the entry point.

Noise

Coach
Yeah but there were things that caused glaciers to melt. They don't just melt on their own.

Millions of years ago it was usually meteors or large scale volcanic events. Evolution played a part too; eg when plants first evolved on land they created an ice age, and the Carboniferous period saw a large scale climate change as plant life exploded and altered the composition of the atmosphere.

This time we're the event, for more reasons that just big bad CO2...that's pretty clear.
I was referring to the Younger Dryas event. As far as I’m aware there were no meteors, volcanos that caused it (though I could be wrong)

Latest posts