What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

84 Baby

Referee
Is it too late to start stockpiling silver?

And does anyone know a good nuclear bunker building company in Western Sydney?

hindy111

Post Whore
Why didn't people question the hole in the ozone layer as not true. The general public accepted it and we banned cfc to repair it.And it's almost completely repaired.
But so many people are against global warming an deny it's happening.Why are people not believing this yet so accepting of the hole in ozone layer?
I'm curious

hindy111

Post Whore
Btw
Anyone else see that India yogi on Sbs last night. He wrapped his dick around a pole. Spun it and rolled it up 3 times around the stick/pole. Then placed the stick behind his buttocks. Literaly steps over the stick so his dick has now back flipped and then proceeds to do squats...

Eelogical

Referee
Why didn't people question the hole in the ozone layer as not true. The general public accepted it and we banned cfc to repair it.And it's almost completely repaired.
But so many people are against global warming an deny it's happening.Why are people not believing this yet so accepting of the hole in ozone layer?
I'm curious
Get with the times, Hindy. It's not global warming anymore, it's now global catastrophic calefaction apocalyptic armageddon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its all about the extremes, the equator is getting hotter and the poles are getting colder which is why its referred to a climate change and not global warming

Noise

Coach
its all about the extremes, the equator is getting hotter and the poles are getting colder which is why its referred to a climate change and not global warming
If the poles are getting colder why are the ice caps melting?
What year did global warming cease to exist?
And if they were wrong about global warming could they be wrong about climate change?

Eelogical

Referee
And if they were wrong about global warming could they be wrong about climate change?
Climate changes all the time. If it didn't, why are we paying for the BOM?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Not a scientist and dont have all the answers but if the caps are melting it may be because the water is getting warmer

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No it's definitely because the poles are getting warmer.

really ?

that's contrary to what I have been reading but alot of this climate change data is contradictory

I was reading a tweet yesterday from Dr Karl explaining how it was all about extremes and he specifically mentioned how the poles were getting colder but there was nothing to back up his claim

For every piece of data some one can produce, some one else can find contradictory data, hard to know which one is right,

Bazal

Post Whore
really ?

that's contrary to what I have been reading but alot of this climate change data is contradictory

I was reading a tweet yesterday from Dr Karl explaining how it was all about extremes and he specifically mentioned how the poles were getting colder but there was nothing to back up his claim

Well I'm not sure what Dr Karl has been experimenting with nasally but I haven't read anything that suggests the poles are cooling.

The Arctic is the fastest warming part of the whole planet...

And that's literally one article found in 3 seconds