What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

Mr Spock!

Referee
I get that it’s trolling, and I feel stupid taking the time to explain it, yet I only ever see Souths fans pull out the ‘your team no longer exists’ card. It makes zero sense when I support the Wests Tigers, who were established in 2000.

Especially when it’s from a club who literally sold itself to keep them from going extinct for a second time. It’s like selling your house, renting it back from the new owners and claiming it’s still your property.
It's sad that Balmain and Western Suburbs willingly followed clubs like Glebe, Cumberland, University, North Sydney and Newtown into nonexistence

Mr Spock!

Referee
I showed my son some games from the 90s. He asked who the teams were in black and white and in orange and black.

Said they don't exist anymore son.

Sad really.

Last edited:

2 weeks

Coach
So Latrell says he needs to get more $$$$ to take care of his family.

Roosters offer $800 000/ year, Latrell is insulated.

Tigers offer $1 000 000/ year, Latrell shows no interest.

Market cools on Latrell.

Souths offer Latrell $700 000/ year, Latrell says cool i'll take it.

Straight to the NRL Chess Championship for this young man.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bahahaha

West's Tigers would disappear tomorrow and I doubt anyone would care.

A soulless sell out to news Ltd.

And if they did, I know not a single Souths supporter would lift a finger to help, despite the tens of thousands of Wests/Balmain/Wests Tigers fans (like myself) who marched to get Souths back in.

Mr Spock!

Referee
And if they did, I know not a single Souths supporter would lift a finger to help, despite the tens of thousands of Wests/Balmain/Wests Tigers fans (like myself) who marched to get Souths back in.
Well we would've but why march for a club that's only been around for 20 years?

We didn't take the $6 million news ltd offered us like both Wests and Balmain did.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's sad that Balmain and Western Suburbs willingly followed clubs like Glebe, Cumberland, University, North Sydney and Newtown into nonexistence

Well my guess is it’s sad when any club dies, having never folllowed one that has I’m sorry that you have

Well we would've but why march for a club that's only been around for 20 years?

We didn't take the $6 million news ltd offered us like both Wests and Balmain did.

From memory it was more like $7mil, and it wouldn’t have mattered, you weren’t offered it as News Ltd didn’t want you

And no, but you did take the $2mil or whatever it was that Crowe offered to buy you, and then $7mil 2 years ago to pay your debts

Mr Spock!

Referee
And while we're on history, everyone knew how shithouse that whole criteria thing was.

A team like f**king Cronulla which has been bailed out more times than we can count, was bankrolled by news Ltd and of course it was fine.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Well my guess is it’s sad when any club dies, having never folllowed one that has I’m sorry that you have

From memory it was more like $7mil, and it wouldn’t have mattered, you weren’t offered it as News Ltd didn’t want you

And no, but you did take the $2mil or whatever it was that Crowe offered to buy you, and then $7mil 2 years ago to pay your debts

No they didn't. Neither did your club.

Maybe we should've hired Ben Elias for financial advice.

Look, your team no longer exists.

The Rabbits do, no matter how much you try to tell yourself otherwise.

I hope that $7 million was worth it.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Souffs fans: can't handle it when people rubbish their club and its owners who they sold out to

Also souffs fans: expect their opinions to be taken seriously when accusing other clubs of selling out

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
All nrl clubs sent lawyers on news ltds side to argue AGAINST Souths readmission bar the Bulldogs.

Let's remember that part of history.

Your club sold itself out.

You could have fought with us but chose to die.

oh but rosco marched......sure he may have but his club tried to shaft us

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors

Non existence is the key word. SSDRLFC myrtle & cardinal still playin the NRL

sadly Wests Magpies don’t but Balmain can well and truly sit in the corner and watch on

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
it’s not like you could show him Souths games from the 90’s, they weren’t good enough to be shown on TV often and when they did, they got flogged.

Kind of like the Rorters wasn’t it

Between 1984 and 1995, the Roosters reached the semi-finals once,[15] and became known to critics as the "transit lounge", due to the high frequency of player purchases and releases

Latest posts