What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Souths were already readmitted.

It would've been chaos if they kicked them out again.
From fans of other clubs...

The fans that mattered.

For the record, souffs were more than happy to let Newton go bust to get their hands on Newtowns juniors...

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
I don't know if all of them are unaware SBD, but I am completely aware. The quoted discussion was referencing the final court judgement handed down by the full bench of the Federal Court on the 6th of July 2001. This was NOT appealed by News Ltd or the NRL. They stated afterwards that they wished to invite Souths for discussions into possible reinstatement. Sorry if the facts spoil your retort.

Dude you are closing in on IBM Jason Smith immortality.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2003-08-13/news-limited-wins-high-court-appeal/1463822

Randwick Rabbit

Juniors
Exactly. They didn’t legally have to keep Souths, but the pressure applied by other club’s fans ensured the survival of your beloved football club.

And now your supporters spit on us for our trouble.

Classy.
Who is spitting? not me. Souths were already back in the comp. The High Court ruling was a vindication for the future exclusion of teams, the NRL wanted to make sure that they were covering all bases.

SBD82

Coach
Who is spitting? not me. Souths were already back in the comp. The High Court ruling was a vindication for the future exclusion of teams, the NRL wanted to make sure that they were covering all bases.
Who is spitting?

You may need to read this thread more carefully, with your fellow supporters heaping shit on Balmain and West’s supporters for allegedly losing their traditional identities.

And the ruling gave the NRL the right to kick Souths out. They didn’t exercise that right, even though Souths were every bit the financial liability that the NRL knew they would be prior to readmission.

Why do you think they kept them?

yobbo84

First Grade
After growing up a Souths fan in Bulldogs era during the 80s and 90s and all the crap around exclusion and re-admission, it warms my heart to see us referred to as a "rich" or "favourite" club. Welcome, Latrell. Pass the salt everyone else.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Exactly. They didn’t legally have to keep Souths, but the pressure applied by other club’s fans ensured the survival of your beloved football club.

And now your supporters spit on us for our trouble.

Classy.
No one's spitting on you.

You guys just wanted souths to stay as easybeats.

We became successful and the haters have come out.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
[
After growing up a Souths fan in Bulldogs era during the 80s and 90s and all the crap around exclusion and re-admission, it warms my heart to see us referred to as a "rich" or "favourite" club. Welcome, Latrell. Pass the salt everyone else.
Yep. Souffs old identity and working class image is dead.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Who is spitting?

You may need to read this thread more carefully, with your fellow supporters heaping shit on Balmain and West’s supporters for allegedly losing their traditional identities.

And the ruling gave the NRL the right to kick Souths out. They didn’t exercise that right, even though Souths were every bit the financial liability that the NRL knew they would be prior to readmission.

Why do you think they kept them?
You might want to read it again.

It's the same ol same ol 'I hate Souffs' because.....

Souths still had to prove they were financially viable for the case to go ahead.

In fact the judge refused to go on unless they had raised 10 million in sponsorship and gave them 2 weeks to get it.
Mike Whitney tells how they got it from Kerry Stokes.

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/12/11/saving-souths---the-mike-whitney-story/

Mr Spock!

Referee
[

Yep. Souffs old identity and working class image is dead.

Dude, if Souths have no identity your club has absolutely none. Someone can cry about spitting on other supporters but comments like yours are clearly just a case of sour grapes.

Fun fact: Rugby league is no longer a working class game. Its a game run by corporate elites.

You don't fund players through chook raffles anymore.

Latest posts