What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
No Brainer losing Douehi. Look at the big picture. Douehi can cover most positions . Braidon Burns how long is he going to last this year. Come origin we need Douehi. A hell of a lot off contract for 21 and we need douehi , he is a gun and you dont let guns go. Really we have Signed Goodwin for what? waste of money . Cody Walker gets injured? Douehi is the future. Can play center 5/8 wing can play fwds no doubt and fullback. FFS have some common sense wayne , you dont want this kid to explore options we need him at souths , big picture wayne.!!! find him a position wayne ! bench is great . I f in 21 we have to lose a couple of backs eg Gagai so be it but keep Douehi.
Agree with you 100% but im wondering if its a ploy, apparently he is on 500k plus more next year, who would be willing to pay that? If we stick to our guns and dont help pay some of his money ill gamble and say he wont find anyone willing,unless tigers play him at FB. Once he figures he is on a good wicket at souths he will calm down and be patient. We are gambling as i see it, too many backs not enough forwards.
Titans may take him for arrow.
If AJ leaves,gagai leaves, goodwin retires end of this season then we dont have excess backs.
Ive been told we have a pommy prop coming next year, we will need cap space, looks like we are clearing the deck

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree with you 100% but im wondering if its a ploy, apparently he is on 500k plus more next year, who would be willing to pay that? If we stick to our guns and dont help pay some of his money ill gamble and say he wont find anyone willing,unless tigers play him at FB. Once he figures he is on a good wicket at souths he will calm down and be patient. We are gambling as i see it, too many backs not enough forwards.
Titans may take him for arrow.
If AJ leaves,gagai leaves, goodwin retires end of this season then we dont have excess backs.
Ive been told we have a pommy prop coming next year, we will need cap space, looks like we are clearing the deck
Douiehi to Tigers is looking more imminent.

Douiehi to Tigers is looking more imminent.
Hi R20
Just got back from Redfern training this morning....All the boys were there including AJ,Douiehi
Hung around til the boys came from back of granstand to get a feed.
Not one to fuss over photos but got a quick one with Latrell,and my faves Cookie,and Cam
Then AD came out and had a quick chat with him because he's good friends with my brother (AD and my brothers son were in the same class at school
Could have asked him on the spot about what's the latest with him,but decided to keep my mouth shut

CliveC

Juniors
Benny appears to have opened the door for Dewey to leave or it's just the anti Souths media shitstirring!
Dewey is NOT a winger?
He has three possies in the team f.b. Centre and 5/8.
Burnsie may not last a game.
I saw him at Redfern last year and remarked how skinny his legs were!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hi R20
Just got back from Redfern training this morning....All the boys were there including AJ,Douiehi
Not one to fuss over photos but got a quick one with Latrell,and my faves Cookie,and Cam
Then AD came out and had a quick chat with him because he's good friends with my brother (AD and my brothers son were in the same class at school
Could have asked him on the spot about what's the latest with him,but decided to keep my mouth shut
Fair enough mate I can understand why you didn’t ask, but I bet you were dying to know.

Any reports on who impressed you at training?

Can you ask your brother if he knows what the go is?

handyman2190

Bench
Hi R20
You should of asked and told him not to go

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Can’t argue with that, albeit it’ll be harder to win a premiership without him (not saying we can’t) as he’s so versatile, if it was Easts I’d say they wouldn’t let him go!

One thing I do know is the Tigers want us to pay part of his contract the next two seasons which we shouldn’t do.

Im not so sure about that. We have a lot of quality in our reserve grade as well and we’re going to have to release some players eventually to make some resignings. Yes Doueihi is a great backup player but I’m not of the opinion that you should be paying backup players good money. We also can’t bank on Burns getting injured because to win a premiership you need major luck with injuries. Unfortunately, the sad truth is ThisishowweDoueihi is better off leaving the club.

Also on the topic of backups for Burns isn’t that why we signed Goodwin? We have way too many backs and they just don’t all fit into the equation.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Im not so sure about that. We have a lot of quality in our reserve grade as well and we’re going to have to release some players eventually to make some resignings. Yes Doueihi is a great backup player but I’m not of the opinion that you should be paying backup players good money. We also can’t bank on Burns getting injured because to win a premiership you need major luck with injuries. Unfortunately, the sad truth is ThisishowweDoueihi is better off leaving the club.

Also on the topic of backups for Burns isn’t that why we signed Goodwin? We have way too many backs and they just don’t all fit into the equation.
I’d have Goodwin at centre before Gagai, at least Goodwin can tackle.

If Reyno or Cody went down though then we could be in strife.

Travitoh

First Grade

I respect that a lot.
I don't believe you should chase gossip from him, especially knowing him as more than a footballer.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I’d have Goodwin at centre before Gagai, at least Goodwin can tackle.

If Reyno or Cody went down though then we could be in strife.

It’s sad but I actually agree with this. Goodwin will probably be a backup throughout the year though. BUT he’s a solid backup to have. Has plenty of experience.

Reynolds and Cody is a completely different story but I’m hearing good things about Dargan and Taafe.

Travitoh

First Grade
Gold Coast have signed Greg Leleisiuao, a young winger from Parra who was highly thought of.
May impact the chance of AJ/Gagai/Allan being used in a deal to get Arrow early.

Travitoh

First Grade
I respect that a lot.
I don't believe you should chase gossip from him, especially knowing him as more than a footballer.
It’s sad but I actually agree with this. Goodwin will probably be a backup throughout the year though. BUT he’s a solid backup to have. Has plenty of experience.

Reynolds and Cody is a completely different story but I’m hearing good things about Dargan and Taafe.

I'd have Goodwin at Centre before Gagai because i wouldn't shift starters around if not necessary.

Take a starting 6 or 7 out of any side and it will have an impact of that teams chances of winning. I personally wouldn't panic about not having a ready to go option in reserve, unless they're already pushing for a start. I would prefer to see prospects backing up learning their trade.

truthslayer

Juniors

Douehi is not a back up player look past your nose , he will earn his own first grade spot. Bank on Burns getting injured Souths need to keep Douehi , we have a guy for the future and you say let him go. What a load of rubbish.

truthslayer

Juniors
I'd have Goodwin at Centre before Gagai because i wouldn't shift starters around if not necessary.

Take a starting 6 or 7 out of any side and it will have an impact of that teams chances of winning. I personally wouldn't panic about not having a ready to go option in reserve, unless they're already pushing for a start. I would prefer to see prospects backing up learning their trade.
I would have goodwin carrying the water on to the field , past his used by date.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Douehi is not a back up player look past your nose , he will earn his own first grade spot. Bank on Burns getting injured Souths need to keep Douehi , we have a guy for the future and you say let him go. What a load of rubbish.

Bank on Burns getting injured? I swear to god sometimes this forum gives me an aneurysm. Tbh the difference between me and you is that I’m concerned about the players welfare whereas you don’t really care as long as it benefits Souths.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Bank on Burns getting injured? I swear to god sometimes this forum gives me an aneurysm. Tbh the difference between me and you is that I’m concerned about the players welfare whereas you don’t really care as long as it benefits Souths.

Lol @ everyone wanting to swap a NSW & AUSTRALIAN KANGAROOS rep for a bloke who has only played 30 first grade games and 5 games for a 2nd tier nation.

Come on guys, get real. Unfortunately this is the way the cookie crumbles. It is what it is. If Adam Douihi leaves, he leaves- best of luck to him for the future, a player has to look our for his best opportunities even though it is a team sport. You never know, we may re sign him again later on.

We could be in worse situations. At least we got Sam's money exempt and we have signed a gun front rower in Jai Arrow for next year onwards as well as Latrell Mitchell who was still a superstar in a team full of superstars.