What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Curtis Scott

Mr Spock!

Referee
Clearly I am not allowed to express a comment about how serious I think using a taser is. Good to know. Maybe if we get a good police state going I can be tasered for daring to make a comment! That will teach me.

I did not say if a taser is used that it would be a crime so serious that bail is refused.

I'm delighted that police are free to use tasers in less than life threatening situations. They often show good judgement and restraint, nothing could possibly go wrong with rampant use of "non lethal" but potentially lethal weapons.

myrrh ken's take on this is quite probably the case.

That doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean the police weren't overbearing and over reacting.

We will see, hopefully, if nothing dodgy happened with the footage.

I never claimed anywhere to know the situation, other than to suggest it is possible the police were somewhat at fault, as Scott may believe, because that is a thing that happens.

Obviously some people here don't at all share my concern with police abusing their powers and abusing non lethal weapons, so no doubt there are police who are also not concerned about abusing power and abusing non lethal weapons.

It is also entirely possible Scott was an absolute pillock and deserves some or all of what he got, and will get.
Why were the cops called mate?

Or do you think they randomly handcuff football players lying around?

Timmay

Juniors
You’re acting like you have a vested interest in the case.
All members of the community have a "vested interest" in Mr Scott's matter.

Some interests are larger than others.

My interest may well be larger than other members of this forum.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Why were the cops called mate?

Or do you think they randomly handcuff football players lying around?
Cops are called all the time for all sorts of stupid shit. A call isn't evidence of guilt. Neither is handcuffing, as plenty of cops abuse their powers.

FWIW Scott has said he was sitting, cuffed, when tasered. That suggests an abuse of power. Thankfully there are not one,but two sources of video evidence. So we should know pretty soon who's telling porkies.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Cops are called all the time for all sorts of stupid shit. A call isn't evidence of guilt. Neither is handcuffing, as plenty of cops abuse their powers.

FWIW Scott has said he was sitting, cuffed, when tasered. That suggests an abuse of power. Thankfully there are not one,but two sources of video evidence. So we should know pretty soon who's telling porkies.
Lol

Scott, who joined the Canberra Raiders late last year, has been charged with multiple offences, including two counts of assault, resisting police, behaving offensively in public and trespassing after being told to leave.

A New South Wales Police statement said officers were called to the Moore Park sports precinct about 12:45am on Monday "following reports a man was acting erratically".

Police found him and tried to help, but said Scott turned on them.

"The 22-year-old man allegedly became aggressive and kicked and punched one of the officers," the statement said.

"The man was tasered and arrested."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-27/police-taser-canberra-raiders-recruit-curtis-scott/11903440

Yep it's the cops fault.

Lol at people believing footballers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Spock!

Referee
You're assuming the police were called.

You're also assuming they may have randomly targeted Mr Scott.
Derp

Scott, who joined the Canberra Raiders late last year, has been charged with multiple offences, including two counts of assault, resisting police, behaving offensively in public and trespassing after being told to leave.

A New South Wales Police statement said officers were called to the Moore Park sports precinct about 12:45am on Monday "following reports a man was acting erratically".

Mr Spock!

Referee
All members of the community have a "vested interest" in Mr Scott's matter.

Some interests are larger than others.

My interest may well be larger than other members of this forum.
No they don't.

I'm not interested in protecting dickheads.

"On 27 January 2020, Scott was arrested in Sydney's Moore Park after police were called to the area by security personnel. It was alleged that Scott had thrown a mobile phone at a passing motor vehicle and then had fallen asleep outside the Sydney Cricket Ground precinct. When police arrived at the scene, Scott allegedly pushed one officer away and punched the other officer in the face. He was the tasered and taken to the Sydney Police Centre in Surry Hills, where he was charged with six offences including two counts of assaulting an officer in the execution of duty, behaving in an offensive or indecent manner and remaining on trust lands after a request to leave. Scott was granted conditional bail and will appear in the Downing Centre court on February 20."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Scott

Poor Curtis.....

Mr Spock!

Referee
Lol the Raiders tried to ring Curtis but he couldn't answer.

Wonder why that was?

Must've lost his phone.

betcats

Referee
Scott plead not guilty? Oh well if he says he didn’t do it the cops must be lying! What kind of logic f**k off you footy player apologists. The bloke was drunk as f**k obviously acting like a f**k wit.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Scott plead not guilty? Oh well if he says he didn’t do it the cops must be lying! What kind of logic f**k off you footy player apologists. The bloke was drunk as f**k obvious acting like a f**k wit.

Gets dropped from the storm for behaviour issues.

Gets punch happy with Walker which, although was very funny at the time, was with very little to no provocation.

Is known by those in the know as a bit of a merkin off field.

But its not his go.

betcats

Referee
Gets dropped from the storm for behaviour issues.

Gets punch happy with Walker which, although was very funny at the time, was with very little to no provocation.

Is known by those in the know as a bit of a merkin off field.

But its not his go.

Further to that his ex was on twitter talking about Karma after this happened. The same ex he had some kind of altercation with Quade Cooper over.

carcharias

Immortal
He might consider not drinking anymore.
Punching people has resulted in deaths.
Sounds like a complete merkin of a bloke going by those news reports.

betcats

Referee
He might consider not drinking anymore.
Punching people has resulted in deaths.
Sounds like a complete merkin of a bloke going by those news reports.

Yep, they will talk about his mental health issues and what not, but he was well aware of these issues and the raiders should've been as well. He certainly shouldn't be out self medicating all day in the city. The guy needs to pull his head in and if his issues are that bad seek help from all the options he would have available to him via the club and the nrl….I wont even mention the options his high income makes available to him that your regular battler just cannot afford.

carcharias

Immortal
Yep, they will talk about his mental health issues and what not, but he was well aware of these issues and the raiders should've been as well. He certainly shouldn't be out self medicating all day in the city. The guy needs to pull his head in and if his issues are that bad seek help from all the options he would have available to him via the club and the nrl….I wont even mention the options his high income makes available to him that your regular battler just cannot afford.

Punches a cop while on the piss
Punches another player while on the field but sober

Both have well documented repercussions.

the bloke is not worth the hassle for a footy club.

carcharias

Immortal
Ok
Cops fault he was throwing punches at em.
Gotcha.

Ricky will be pleased.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I’m not going to defend Curtis here because it’s odds on he f**ked this up. However it is important for some posters on here to know that the police can kill you and receive little to no punishment.

It’s happened before and will happen again

betcats

Referee
I’m not going to defend Curtis here because it’s odds on he f**ked this up. However it is important for some posters on here to know that the police can kill you and receive little to no punishment.

It’s happened before and will happen again

Fair point, we should cast doubt over any arrest because you know, cops can kill and get away with it.

Reactions: Vee

Latest posts