What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I was hoping Parry might have come on a fair bit, given his age. He's got pace at least. Not being selected for nines suggests to me he might not have. But Dunster seems to have improved. Fullback might be a stretch for either but not out of the question at this point. And Ferguson and Smith might not be ideal but they can do a job. How many other teams have someone who could step in to fullback that we'd be happy with? Not many I reckon.
*if any

Gronk

Staff member
Fake News.

The scale on the news.com article has no tare button (so it's weighing the container, too, thus claiming the mince is under 322g) and we don't know when it's calibrated. It's one of their "nut scales" probably designed to make people think they're buying less so they don't notice at the checkout and end up paying more.

Furthermore, the claim of around 310g mince means that the container can theoretically hold more than another 50% of mince (to get to the 500g). That's blatant Fake News.

The problem in the picture is the scale, not the mince. The real scale at point of production has a tolerance limit of 5% either side and the machine will flag a fail and shut down if there are 6 or more fails in a run.

It's Fake News.

You're too quick to exonerate the supermarket chains IMHO. The cynic in me thinks that this is a nice way to shave off 10% to save a buck.

I have a 500g (e) pack of mince in the fridge and I will conduct my own investigation and report back to the group.

If merkins wish to suggest a methodology, assist with making conjectures (hypotheses), tips on how to derive predictions from them as logical consequences and then carrying out the experiment or empirical observations based on all predictions, I will take on board all suggestions.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
You're too quick to exonerate the supermarket chains IMHO. The cynic in me thinks that this is a nice way to shave off 10% to save a buck.

I have a 500g (e) pack of mince in the fridge and I will conduct my own investigation and report back to the group.

If merkins wish to suggest a methodology, assist with making conjectures (hypotheses), tips on how to derive predictions from them as logical consequences and then carrying out the experiment or empirical observations based on all predictions, I will take on board all suggestions.
Weigh yourself. Then eat it, then weigh yourself again. That's the most accurate way.

Glenneel

Bench
Foxsports gave our backline a C+

And Roosters an A-

Teddy 10 - Guth 7.5
Toupo 7.5 - Fergo 9
Manu 7.5 - Blake 7.5
Morris 6 - MJ - 6.5
Ikavulu 6- Sivo - 7

I have us 1 point ahead.....
We are better than C, probably a B+ as we lack genuine speed. Don't get me wrong we are a fast team but none are elite as regards speed. Would like Parra to either develop or buy a FB with elite speed and move Gutho to centre but doubt that'll happen while ever BA is coach. The good coaches would but BA won't.

As regards your rating Hindy Fergo is not a 9 as has too many stupid simple errors in him so prob a 8 while I'd rate Sivo an 8. I reckon his defence will improve even better this year as imo his defence was at least equal or superior to Semi's.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I can't believe the Gutho isn't a fullback nonsense is still going tbh.

I did at one stage feel like he'd make a better centre... But then he was the best playmaking fullback in the NRL last year (or close, I CBF checking the final stats)
We should have bought Dufty when St George was trying to turf him. He's really really fast. Or better still, kept Bevan. ffs BA.

hindy111

Post Whore

Perhaps the weight changes when freeze and unfreeze.

I doubt the guy in warehouse packing the shit is giving two f**ks about saving Coles 10%. He is more likely thinking how much he is sick of packing mince into a f**king container and wondering if there is more to life then this.

hindy111

Post Whore
I can't believe the Gutho isn't a fullback nonsense is still going tbh.

I did at one stage feel like he'd make a better centre... But then he was the best playmaking fullback in the NRL last year (or close, I CBF checking the final stats)

I reckon he looked dangerous in the 9s and set for a huge year

Latest posts