What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL All Stars

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Don't be surprised if Wayne Bennett takes over from Shane Richardson in 2022. I'm not saying it will happen, just don't be surprised. He's about the only person that could cover that Managerial position on the same level as Shane.

callmack1

Staff member
Can't wait for this!! Should be a wonderful celebration of Rugby League!

Really looking forward to seeing how our boys go, especially Latrell!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Great open game so far. The Souths boys look good. AJ had a couple of nice touches in Q1, Jimmy looks dangerous everytime he touches the ball. I'd like to see Latrell stand more shallow in attack, he a bit too deep, and the speed of this game means he is not in position to receive offloads and do his thing

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Great open game so far. The Souths boys look good. AJ had a couple of nice touches in Q1, Jimmy looks dangerous everytime he touches the ball. I'd like to see Latrell stand more shallow in attack, he a bit too deep, and the speed of this game means he is not in position to receive offloads and do his thing
LM hasn't don't much unfortunately

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Anyone notice Latrell Mitchell got moved from FB to Left Centre..? Was that to try and get him more involved in the game ?

callmack1

Staff member
What a great game that was!! I absolutely loved it! Was a great advertisement for Rugby league. Just so much emotion, fast pased and there was some great footy played out there. Well done to the Moari boys on the win!!

Mixed game from Latrell, he showed glimpses but that was about it to be honest. I feel that he didin't get involved enough. Still, it's going to take time and it was a solid first hit out for him I guess.

Jimmy was great, he looked dangerous and quick as was AJ.

And anyone who has doubts about Goodwin needs to just watch that game. He's still got it! He was awesome!

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a great game that was!! I absolutely loved it! Was a great advertisement for Rugby league. Just so much emotion, fast pased and there was some great footy played out there. Well done to the Moari boys on the win!!

Mixed game from Latrell, he showed glimpses but that was about it to be honest. I feel that he didin't get involved enough. Still, it's going to take time and it was a solid first hit out for him I guess.

Jimmy was great, he looked dangerous and quick as was AJ.

And anyone who has doubts about Goodwin needs to just watch that game. He's still got it! He was awesome!
Mate some Souths supporters on social media are saying get rid of Latrell from fullback already, these people need to give it a rest.

The Jet was so good Callmack how fit does he look? Just wow....

AJ went very well on the wing too.

And spot on get that up ya Goodwin doubters, he was frigging awesome!

assess5

Juniors
Mate some Souths supporters on social media are saying get rid of Latrell from fullback already, these people need to give it a rest.

The Jet was so good Callmack how fit does he look? Just wow....

AJ went very well on the wing too.

And spot on get that up ya Goodwin doubters, he was frigging awesome!

Yep Goodwin looked the goods as he was heaved over the side line, or scrambling in another tackle that threw him to the ground, was it his scintillating pace that so impressed you and callshack, is Jimmy the Jet in danger off losing his position. How many breaks did he make, how many try saving tackles, how many anything's of note.

Stop being stupid, he looked what he is, old, fat and slow.

I'm still laughing at the crap that came out those commentators mouths when they were having organisms over him in the 'nines'.

You and callhack can rave all you like, it don't change a thing - he's past it.

truthslayer

Juniors
Yep Goodwin looked the goods as he was heaved over the side line, or scrambling in another tackle that threw him to the ground, was it his scintillating pace that so impressed you and callshack, is Jimmy the Jet in danger off losing his position. How many breaks did he make, how many try saving tackles, how many anything's of note.

I'm still laughing at the crap that came out those commentators mouths when they were having organisms over him in the 'nines'.

I agree , Goodwin didn’t do anything special. What part will he play at Souths , I’ve said it be4 water boy . A stupid buy . I watched it again and can’t agree with others on the forum , I thought Johnston did better in attack and looked sharper with pace than Goodwin.

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

Goodwin played very well and there's a lot of people that think the same.

It's your opinion that he didn't play so well and I respect that, different people see things differently sometimes and that makes good discussion. I thought he played well and that's my opinion so hopefully you can respect that mate.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
yeah Goodwin was ok, the problem for him is I cant see him being in the 17 unless he's playing 2nd row, or injuries pile up. Already AJ looks like missing out, and I've got him ahead of Goodwin.

Travitoh

First Grade
yeah Goodwin was ok, the problem for him is I cant see him being in the 17 unless he's playing 2nd row, or injuries pile up. Already AJ looks like missing out, and I've got him ahead of Goodwin.

Goodwin will have first dibs on centre if a spot opens up imo.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Goodwin will have first dibs on centre if a spot opens up imo.
yeah I can see the logic in that if one of Jimmy or Braydon goes down, but there could also be pressure to shift Gags into centre and AJ onto wing. It'll be matchup dependent.

I hope Latrell can improve and impress early @ 1, becauseif not, and if both starting centers are out, Wayne will be under pressure to plug Latrell into C

Latest posts