What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the most common food/drink you have never even tried??

Bazal

Post Whore
I like the way the one pictured doesn't fully dissolve, so you can spoon it up much as you do with a proper Milo.

SE Asian Milo can go and get f**ked, btw. It's basically just Nesquick.

No Wai!

Milo Ais is God tier milo.

Bazal

Post Whore
I like Kombucha. But it's either nice or really shit, there's no in between

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, but you like Ais Milo aka chocolate flavoured giardia, so your tastebuds can't be trusted :p

Says the man who doesn't like ice-cold liquid milo. Literally. There's more milo in a milo ais than there is in the average suburban home.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Nutella
Mother
Tuna in a can, Sardines in a can, any fish in a can

And I have absolutely no interest in trying any of them.

A big yes to Nutella, haven't tried it and don't want to, FFS Nutella pizza, what idiot would have thought of that. Also yes to tinned sardines, haven't eaten them and they look so slimy and smell, fresh sardines are beautiful to eat though, I do admit though I do use can tuna, mainly to make tuna canneloni , tuna rissoles and sometimes on a sandwich with salad, fresh tuna is nice on the odd occasion but it would be a waste using fresh in the canneloni.
Speaking of Nutella back in the 70s there was similar spread called Koogle or Kyoogle, can't remember the spelling but it was disgusting.

Last edited:
I'm 33 years old and I've never had one drop of beer, tea or coffee. People say I'm missing out, especially on beer.... I'm sure I will give it a try one day, maybe when I'm 50.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Plenty of unhealthy shit still tastes good though

The sickly sweet smell of Nutella puts me off anyway to start and i haven't got a real sweet tooth anyway, the thought of it as a breakfast spread makes me want to throw up and so does the idea of it as an after dinner desert. Im actually not a sugar nazi as i know its hidden in so many things we eat that i love, actually dont drink a lot of tea but if i have milk in it i had a habit of having 2 teaspoons of sugar in it, i cut back to one teaspoon and thought ok , this is alright, now i dont put any sugar in it..
One of my favorite deserts is a pomegranate or cherry or cranberry granita, you have to make them with a sugar syrup, i tried cutting down on the sugar once when i made it and it wasnt as good so it definately needs the sugar.

On a side note i am going to enjoy the 2013 Ring Bolt Cab Sav which you recommended, i felt so sorry for it sitting there by itself at work so i gave it good home.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I'm 33 years old and I've never had one drop of beer, tea or coffee. People say I'm missing out, especially on beer.... I'm sure I will give it a try one day, maybe when I'm 50.

Mate, your not missing out on anything, i drink tea very
occasionally, only had coffee a few times, it took a while but i found out i had an allergy to it, the reaction i had to it was terrible, didnt really like it anyway and now even now the smell can make me want to throw up. Beer i can take or leave, hardly drink it these days but may have one or two at the football but if i ever i have a six pack at home it usually goes out of date. Was recently in Singapore and with the humidity beer was great to drink though and it was much cheaper than wine.

gUt

Coach
tried dim sum once - can't deal with it, and I generally love Asian cuisine.

Just something about the texture of the steamed buns, too much like raw dough packed with blister-causing volcanic gasses.