What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the most common food/drink you have never even tried??

Nuke

Staff member
Ovalteenies were awesome!
I haven't seen them for about 15 years though.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Never heard of akatavite. Remember Ovaltine or something but. I think they made it into chunks and sold it as lollies too, Ovaltinies.

Nesquick tasted like weed killer.

Aktavite was big around the late 60s and early 70s, I remember you could buy it from the local chemist and you would get a Captain Akatvite show bag with it. Almost certain you can still buy it at Woolworths today. Ovaltine was half way there, much nicer than Milo but Akatavite was nicer. Agree about chocolate Nesquick but I do like the strawberry flavored one.

Bazal

Post Whore
Aktavite tastes like what would happen if someone, many thousands of years from now in the post-apocalypse world, tried to recreate Milo with sand and asbestos dust.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Aktavite tastes like what would happen if someone, many thousands of years from now in the post-apocalypse world, tried to recreate Milo with sand and asbestos dust.

Sounds like you are describing what Milo tastes like now., lol. Have to admit I haven't had Akatvite since my teenage years but loved it then and hated Milo.

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Never heard of akatavite. Remember Ovaltine or something but. I think they made it into chunks and sold it as lollies too, Ovaltinies.

Nesquick tasted like weed killer.

My dislike for Milo came from when my mother used to mix it in cold milk and it never dissolved properly and you would get the Milo moustache (where the undissolved Milo used to sit above your top lip because of it floating on top of the glass when you drank it ),
I remember when i was very young Aktavite used to come in a glass jar but then went to a tin, in my teen years i liked it sprinkled over ice cream, couldn't tell you the last time i had it though.

s-l300.jpg cc7bbc2ee818c15b8bce3bca844b50968c309a1f.jpg 078083.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
Y'all talking nonsense with this vaguely chocolate shit.

The only truly great addition to milk is this:

103284.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
Y'all talking nonsense with this vaguely chocolate shit.

The only truly great addition to milk is this:

103284.jpg

Horlicks is the malted milk drink of choice surely?

Actually I never really did malted milk until I lived in SE Asia. They f**king love Horlicks over there.

Horlicks fried chicken. Aw yeah

Eggs on their own or as a primary ingredient. Can eat them as an ingredient in meals, but when they are a primary ingredient or cooked on their own I can't do them. The smell of cooked egg makes me ill.

Fish also makes me ill. I can't eat it on the smell alone and want to throw up.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Actually I never really did malted milk until I lived in SE Asia. They f**king love Horlicks over there.

Always thought Horlicks was one of those drinks that you took at night if you had trouble sleeping. The Nestles one you see the tin at most takeaway places that make milkshakes

horrie hastings

First Grade
Eggs on their own or as a primary ingredient. Can eat them as an ingredient in meals, but when they are a primary ingredient or cooked on their own I can't do them. The smell of cooked egg makes me ill.

You sound like my better half, cannot stand eggs by themselves, can have them in things like cake but by them selves no way, even funny watching it being picked out the fried rice.We are a great pair of a morning with my no coffee and the no eggs, no kissy kissy at that time lol.

Misanthrope

Staff member

I like the way the one pictured doesn't fully dissolve, so you can spoon it up much as you do with a proper Milo.

SE Asian Milo can go and get f**ked, btw. It's basically just Nesquick.

Latest posts