What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BJ

nick87

Coach
As others have said, forget him cleaning up the error rate/brain farts. Aint gonna happen.

Fans who focus on his errors will find him a frustrating player, and deprive themselves of the joy of sitting back and enjoying his brand of footy.

Fans who can look at his contribution from a holisitc approach, they'll love him.
He is going to give you a LOT more than he takes away over the course of a season...

but those games when he has a bad one... yeah they're gonna happen and you just have to embrace it and learn to live and die with Beej... one might argue his failure to pass killed us in the grand final... but we're not near playing that game without him.

stryker

First Grade
one might argue his failure to pass killed us in the grand final... but we're not near playing that game without him.
It was important Nick but ultimately when the dominant team loses it is because the spine failed to close. Thats how I saw the GF. He choked in that instant but several more important players choked all game.

cerberus

Coach
He won’t minimise his mistakes, it’s the way he plays. You just have to accept that you’ll get the flick pass to the opposition and head high, but with it you’ll get his stats today:

2 try assists, 2 line breaks, 9 tackle busts, 2 offloads, 143m and a 1on1 steal
yeah i'd make it 3 try assists as he was good for theirs .
he'll put bums on seats and win us more games than he'll lose for us .

The unknown

Juniors
I'm not sure about that, Nofo came in (for no reason) and when they scored, BJ appeared to let him have it for not staying out.

It was pretty amateurish stuff. You’d get hooked in u16s for that defence yet alone at a professional level

BJ already had RTS covered yet Nofa still jammed in, maybe he was trying to go for the intercept

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think Nofa is origin standard if he can get his reads in defence right.

gordsy

Juniors
It was pretty amateurish stuff. You’d get hooked in u16s for that defence yet alone at a professional level

BJ already had RTS covered yet Nofa still jammed in, maybe he was trying to go for the intercept

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think Nofa is origin standard if he can get his reads in defence right.

That's a big if, he has been doing it for ages. Habbits like that are hard to break.

Tiger05

First Grade

Maybe but he still makes those dumb mistakes. I'd be tempted to start him in reserve grade and have Thompson and Jennings as the wingers with AD at fullback.

nick87

Coach
It was important Nick but ultimately when the dominant team loses it is because the spine failed to close. Thats how I saw the GF. He choked in that instant but several more important players choked all game.

Ill have to take your word for it.
I watched it live at the ground, some months later watched a highlights package and that'll do me.

From what i saw, the dominate part of that game on both sides was defence. Both sides let in one very soft try... and then each team had a few sniffs where their execution was a bit off... and the game ultimately came down to two clean chances for tries. Our centre didnt quite get ours right and the ball feel to the ground on what should have been a try, and the roosters centre executed their chance flawlessly.

And that was the difference. But again, i only saw it once live and unless we win another one soon to ease that pain, i doubt it'll be on my rewatchables list so im not going to argue too much either way haha

Tiger Ted

Bench

We’ve got as much chance as Nofa of playing origin.I like Nofa he is deceptively quick & tries hard but his perpetual dumb reads in defence do my head in.We now have good depth in the backs & consequently it’s conceivable that Nofa will do time in cbury cup.

The unknown

Juniors
We’ve got as much chance as Nofa of playing origin.I like Nofa he is deceptively quick & tries hard but his perpetual dumb reads in defence do my head in.We now have good depth in the backs & consequently it’s conceivable that Nofa will do time in cbury cup.

I like him attack wise, just his D let’s him down massively..also he seems a lot quicker this year. When he raced away from that BJ pass he burned them quite easily

macnaz

Staff member
I like him attack wise, just his D let’s him down massively..also he seems a lot quicker this year. When he raced away from that BJ pass he burned them quite easily
My other issue with Nofo apart from his defensive issues is his growing habbit of running backwards and sideways to either lose ground or perhaps make a 1 metre gain.

Fordy20

Juniors
That's a big if, he has been doing it for ages. Habbits like that are hard to break.

He formed that habit defending outside of players who had no business playing centre, like Naiqama. If all we got out of signing BJ was Nofo learning to trust his inside man again in defence, then the contract would be worth every penny.

WA Tiger

Bench
yeah i'd make it 3 try assists as he was good for theirs .
he'll put bums on seats and win us more games than he'll lose for us .
And he will be driven if it’s even remotely possible to get back to a grand final to make amends..

WA Tiger

Bench

. That’s normally a lack of trust thing..Ive seen many very good players do that if the pressure is high enough or the focus/ understanding isn’t quite there. It will always creep in here and there because it’s a natural reaction to stop the guy with the ball esp if it’s a gun player ..It’s a good game(a trial) to remind Nofo to just focus on the winger regardless and trust your inside man...I still need to find that and have a good look.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Pi-lease..and we arn’t that flush with quality wingers

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Finally, a bloke who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Still can't believe he is one of us now.
While I think LM would have been good, someone else said it, imo we got a better deal with BJ & AD for not much more.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/be333415ec74965724a2d10100a1d5a9

Who’s the best centre in the NRL? ‘You’re looking at him’: Tigers’ new recruit does not lack confidence

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Finally, a bloke who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Still can't believe he is one of us now.
While I think LM would have been good, someone else said it, imo we got a better deal with BJ & AD for not much more.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/be333415ec74965724a2d10100a1d5a9

Who’s the best centre in the NRL? ‘You’re looking at him’: Tigers’ new recruit does not lack confidence

BJ...AD plus i feel sure we'll get a helluva lot more out of Luciano having his big brother here....as you say...WAYY better package deal

Latest posts