1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

BJ

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Tigerm, Jan 25, 2020.

1. nick87

nick87 Coach

As others have said, forget him cleaning up the error rate/brain farts. Aint gonna happen.

Fans who focus on his errors will find him a frustrating player, and deprive themselves of the joy of sitting back and enjoying his brand of footy.

Fans who can look at his contribution from a holisitc approach, they'll love him.
    He is going to give you a LOT more than he takes away over the course of a season...

but those games when he has a bad one... yeah they're gonna happen and you just have to embrace it and learn to live and die with Beej... one might argue his failure to pass killed us in the grand final... but we're not near playing that game without him.

BrotherJim05, SBD82, macnaz and 7 others like this.
  2. stryker

stryker Juniors

It was important Nick but ultimately when the dominant team loses it is because the spine failed to close. Thats how I saw the GF. He choked in that instant but several more important players choked all game.

3. cerberus

cerberus Coach

yeah i'd make it 3 try assists as he was good for theirs .
    he'll put bums on seats and win us more games than he'll lose for us .

4. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

I'm not sure about that, Nofo came in (for no reason) and when they scored, BJ appeared to let him have it for not staying out.

macnaz likes this.
  5. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

It was pretty amateurish stuff. You’d get hooked in u16s for that defence yet alone at a professional level

BJ already had RTS covered yet Nofa still jammed in, maybe he was trying to go for the intercept

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I think Nofa is origin standard if he can get his reads in defence right.

WA Tiger likes this.
  6. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

That's a big if, he has been doing it for ages. Habbits like that are hard to break.

7. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

Maybe but he still makes those dumb mistakes. I'd be tempted to start him in reserve grade and have Thompson and Jennings as the wingers with AD at fullback.

macnaz likes this.
  8. nick87

nick87 Coach

Ill have to take your word for it.
    I watched it live at the ground, some months later watched a highlights package and that'll do me.

From what i saw, the dominate part of that game on both sides was defence. Both sides let in one very soft try... and then each team had a few sniffs where their execution was a bit off... and the game ultimately came down to two clean chances for tries. Our centre didnt quite get ours right and the ball feel to the ground on what should have been a try, and the roosters centre executed their chance flawlessly.

And that was the difference. But again, i only saw it once live and unless we win another one soon to ease that pain, i doubt it'll be on my rewatchables list so im not going to argue too much either way haha

9. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

Yeah he’s a million to one now, Addo Carr and Fergo have it locked in barring injury you’d think

10. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

We’ve got as much chance as Nofa of playing origin.I like Nofa he is deceptively quick & tries hard but his perpetual dumb reads in defence do my head in.We now have good depth in the backs & consequently it’s conceivable that Nofa will do time in cbury cup.

macnaz, gordsy and The unknown like this.
  11. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

I like him attack wise, just his D let’s him down massively..also he seems a lot quicker this year. When he raced away from that BJ pass he burned them quite easily

Tiger Ted likes this.
  12. cerberus

cerberus Coach

no his lost the ball up field with a stupid pass on a break

13. macnaz

macnaz Moderator Staff Member

My other issue with Nofo apart from his defensive issues is his growing habbit of running backwards and sideways to either lose ground or perhaps make a 1 metre gain.

The unknown likes this.
  14. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

He formed that habit defending outside of players who had no business playing centre, like Naiqama. If all we got out of signing BJ was Nofo learning to trust his inside man again in defence, then the contract would be worth every penny.

gordsy, WA Tiger and Ron's_Mate like this.
  15. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

And he will be driven if it’s even remotely possible to get back to a grand final to make amends..

16. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

. That’s normally a lack of trust thing..Ive seen many very good players do that if the pressure is high enough or the focus/ understanding isn’t quite there. It will always creep in here and there because it’s a natural reaction to stop the guy with the ball esp if it’s a gun player ..It’s a good game(a trial) to remind Nofo to just focus on the winger regardless and trust your inside man...I still need to find that and have a good look.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    The unknown likes this.
  17. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Pi-lease..and we arn’t that flush with quality wingers

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  18. Tigerm

Tigerm Juniors

Finally, a bloke who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Still can't believe he is one of us now.
    While I think LM would have been good, someone else said it, imo we got a better deal with BJ & AD for not much more.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/be333415ec74965724a2d10100a1d5a9

Who’s the best centre in the NRL? ‘You’re looking at him’: Tigers’ new recruit does not lack confidence

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  19. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

BJ...AD plus i feel sure we'll get a helluva lot more out of Luciano having his big brother here....as you say...WAYY better package deal

20. simmo05

simmo05 Bench

Kev was the worst centre in the clubs history

Shredder, Tiger Ted and Fordy20 like this.