What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
...because once the Tigers come back to Australia, they'll have to self isolate as well.

The Warriors have to stay if the competition is to continue after Round 2.

They won’t. They can’t fly staff or extra players over now without them isolating for two weeks on arrival, they can’t go home without the same. It’s unworkable. They’ll be out after round two, 15 team comp for the rest of the year.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Vlandys pushing hard for Government intervention if further drastic measures end up suspending the season. It looks bad but is absolutely necessary.

Also really interesting seeing Vlandys and Greenberg side by side. Vlandys style is very much more direct and attack dog. Greenberg comes off as more measured. At this point, Vlandys should hand off more of the pressure to Greenberg.... you can see he's feeling it

That interview was the first time I felt like Todd is the man for the job.

Sitting next to Vlad, Todd looks and sounds like a million bucks...

t-ba

Post Whore
Im not advocating killing the clubs.

But this is the ARLCs opportunity to grab control that they havent had since pre-SL.

Dont like the piece or shit stadium a club plays out of? Make that part of the bailout deal.
Worried about the fight for funding that will happen at the next tv deal? Have them sign now.

This is the perfect chance to reform what is wrong with the NRL.

Shittiest Take.jpg

Quicksilver

Bench
Im not advocating killing the clubs.

But this is the ARLCs opportunity to grab control that they havent had since pre-SL.

Dont like the piece or shit stadium a club plays out of? Make that part of the bailout deal.
Worried about the fight for funding that will happen at the next tv deal? Have them sign now.

This is the perfect chance to reform what is wrong with the NRL.

What a f**king shit take.

People are going to die. People are concentrating on making things as safe as possible.

You want to use it as a way to stop people standing on a hill at Brookvale.

Have a good hard look at yourself.

wibble

Bench
All infrastructure projects have to be in doubt now.

I guess all building will be in some doubt when extreme social distancing kicks in.

But after that, infrastructure projects might be part of a solution to a coronavirus induced recession.

unforgiven

Bench
What?

Are you saying you are a school Principal?

How do you propose schools keep students 1.5 m apart?
Well an Assistant Principal yes, look through my posting history if you want, it has been mentioned before. We will be implementing social distancing practices so kids will come into contact with kids in their class only. Things like a cancelation of assemblies, school excursions, conferences, rolling lunch breaks will be implemented, you are getting hooked up on just one aspect of social distancing. If someone in a classroom is diagnosed with Covid 19 then that entire class goes into self isolation, the school closes and a deep clean is completed before it reopens.

With kids at school it actually prevents them from circulating through the wider community, it keeps them out of shopping centres parks etc where they would come into contact with far more people then their classroom.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
This is a shit take, and would be PR suicide.

Pfft, easy:

Club - “the ARLCS is being mean and not giving us money for nothing”

ARLC- “we are as cashstrapped as anyone. We want to help the clubs, but this must include some structural ajustments on the part of the clubs. If they arent willing to meet us halfway, we need to spend our limited money somewhere more effective “

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What a f**king shit take.

People are going to die. People are concentrating on making things as safe as possible.

You want to use it as a way to stop people standing on a hill at Brookvale.

Have a good hard look at yourself.

The best time to reform a community is when they are in crisis.

If you wait until the good time, there are too many vested interests making money from the status quo. Change is impossible because the people with money dont want change to happen.

This is the ARLCs chance to cut the waste from the current comp structure. Or are they just meant to give our money to poorly run clubs for free?

Springs09

Juniors
I'm sure you can point out anyone saying anything like this?
Yep. Wibble. Been saying rubbish like we’ll all be indoors until at least spring, NRL will be lucky to be back by next season, but essential services will of course keep running and we will still be able to ‘go to the shops’. Real stupid doomsday crap.

Latest posts