What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

redv13

Bench
Ran more distance than any other player.
He was also the fastest in our side. Faster than Rava when he made his break.
He may not be Dufty quick but he not slow.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/19/stat-attack-zac-revs-up-to-the-max-to-cover-most-metres/
Happy to be corrected but did he not mow down Tedesco on Anzac Day last year and also gave a head start?? Not too shabby and I don’t see Gitano Aitken doing that. Anything more than 40 yards and the slug does a hammy

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/19/stat-attack-zac-revs-up-to-the-max-to-cover-most-metres/

rest of the article does fill in the other side of the ledger

"but recorded only 55 metres with the ball and made three errors"

Clinton Gutherson made 205m

For me it not just the metres made or not made.
Its not just the errors made or not made.
It is certainly when they happen and what is the response and or gain and or control of the game by the opposition.

Will be fascinating to see how our little maestro goes and if in fact he has a shocker and they swap possies in the game on the run

Im open at this stage because i dont see a clear winner
they and sailor all have strengths and weaknesses and to predict their future is so bloody hard right now

George Dragon

Juniors

It is certainly when they happen and what is the response and or gain and or control of the game by the opposition.

Will be fascinating to see how our little maestro goes and if in fact he has a shocker and they swap possies in the game on the run

they and sailor all have strengths and weaknesses and to predict their future is so bloody hard right now

Metres gain are affected by the game and game plan.
Zac never got a kick with space or time.
The ease that Tigers rollled up field meant that all their kicks were attacking and keeping Zac and co under pressure.
As for our attack watch the game closely, Zac is always inside the winger.
Not in the middle looking to back up or in a sweep play.
This has to be a game plan Mary tactic.

Dragonsamy

Bench
This is the biggest issue for me, he doesn't have a mentor. Tommy T had Stewart for example. His mentor is Dufty a player I actually like but also one that hasn't help every bomb ever put up to him.

I agree with what you have said Forbes.
But we sould do as a lot of other clubs do employ someone even if it's an old AFL player to teach them how to catch correctly and jump correctly. Especially now that Hornby is not there. Seems like the Roosters have Andrew Johns there and Melbourne has AFL guys to help train them to catch correctly and to learn to jump correctly. I think this would help greatly.
What's your opinion ?

kit66

Bench
It seems from Mary's most recent interview that Zac was in fact dropped as fullback in favour of Dufty rather than just as part of a temporary re-shuffle to cover for the injured Ravi.
His comment was that Dufty had showed a greater commitment to training than previously - bullsh*t, Dufty has always been a dedicated trainer by all accounts. Round 2 and it's panic stations already for our hapless, brainless merkin of a coach who will do anything, upset anyone to get a few wins, except of course coach to a level good enough to achieve same. Of that he is incapable.

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
The ease that Tigers rollled up field meant that all their kicks were attacking and keeping Zac and co under pressure.

Corey Norman did 9.1 and is in the top 5. But nobody is defending him based on "maximum distance".

It's really a meaningless stat.

Dragonsamy

Bench
yes lomax made mistakes but he also did plenty of good things.
To me if you are going to drop or change a player for a couple of mistakes then you will be changing them every week
So this could have been solved by dropping Lafai, letting lomax play in his best position and dufty could play fb.
But that's to easy.
The sooner Cody is fully up to NRL standard the better.
And of course over his injury.

qld redvee

Juniors
yes lomax made mistakes but he also did plenty of good things.
To me if you are going to drop or change a player for a couple of mistakes then you will be changing them every week
So this could have been solved by dropping Lafai, letting lomax play in his best position and dufty could play fb.
But that's to easy.
The sooner Cody is fully up to NRL standard the better.
And of course over his injury.
Samy,
supercoach is trying to justify the positional switches with Saab coming back from injury not ready so we didnt have another wing option - yet good old lafai played there last week and in the trials ( so if lafai cant be moved why do it in a trial ) rather have zac at centre not wing . could have gone for last weeks side with tyroll at centre lafai on wing
the excuse that duffty owns training - i have heard this catchcry from supercoach before he obviously picked it up from someone .
and we just have to take our chances and finish them off and have better kicks . - thats all we have to do !!! Oh and not make over 100 tackles more than the opposition so we have to play a brand of football that we havent witnessed in many seasons -
I will now try to calm down and try to be positive for tomorrow fingers crossed

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

George there are layers to truth

An honest conversation would say there was positive and negative for lomax as well as postive and negative at a team / game plan level

The kicking game by hunt and Corey was as bad as anything in the game

It was absolutely shit which contributed in part to climax making three errors and horrific kick return metres

I don't see much downside for letting dufty have a go after that performance personally

We all need to toughen up a little. Fighting for and earning a spot was never an issue until everyone got a little soft in recent years

I loved fighting for a spot in any sport I played. It was compelling and worth every ounce of striving

I'm not sold on climax any more then dufty nor sailor

They are not great choices for FB

But we wouldn't be focussing on this area as much if our kicking and kick chase was superior

Last edited:

possm

Coach

I have a sneaky feeling Mary will play Lomax at fullback in defence and Dufty at fullback in attack.

BLM01

First Grade
Samy,
supercoach is trying to justify the positional switches with Saab coming back from injury not ready so we didnt have another wing option - yet good old lafai played there last week and in the trials ( so if lafai cant be moved why do it in a trial ) rather have zac at centre not wing . could have gone for last weeks side with tyroll at centre lafai on wing
the excuse that duffty owns training - i have heard this catchcry from supercoach before he obviously picked it up from someone .
and we just have to take our chances and finish them off and have better kicks . - thats all we have to do !!! Oh and not make over 100 tackles more than the opposition so we have to play a brand of football that we havent witnessed in many seasons -
I will now try to calm down and try to be positive for tomorrow fingers crossed
He is trying to mimic Trent Robbio all the time and has been trying to talk like he does for a year or 2
In regards to Duffy and Zach did he not say that Zac was training the house down and deserved first crack. To me first crack isn’t one game. Now Duffy has owned the training and deserves to go straight in there which is a Mary conflict of himself
Which is it Mary? who deserved it first? make your mind up don’t tell us lies.
Sounds like its policy and excuse on the run

boardlumps62

Juniors
George there are layers to truth

An honest conversation would say there was positive and negative for lomax as well as postive and negative at a team / game plan level

The kicking game by hunt and Corey was as bad as anything in the game

It was absolutely shit which contributed in part to climax making three errors and horrific kick return metres

I don't see much downside for letting dufty have a go after that performance personally

We all need to toughen up a little. Fighting for and earning a spot was never an issue until everyone got a little soft in recent years

I loved fighting for a spot in any sport I played. It was compelling and worth every ounce of striving

I'm not sold on climax any more then dufty nor sailor

They are not great choices for FB

But we wouldn't be focussing on this area as much if our kicking and kick chase was superior
Character testing l would say think Dufty has that and hoping Lomax has also I reckon he knows what's required to be part of the team

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He played a great game, if not for those 2 mistakes that would have been one of the best starting debuts at fullback I have ever seen. It was raining too, if he works on it, he will become a super dependable player at 1 in the same way McInnes is at 9.

Latest posts