What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Well all you death riding, nay saying, floggers of the new whipping boy got your wish.
Lomax to wing and Duffy to FB
One should always be careful of what you wish for.
OT you have been death riding Hunt and Graham for the past 2 years so when do you get your wish lol

slippery5

Juniors
Because my opinion is that Friz in the middle and Ford on the edge makes the team stronger than Graham in the middle and Friz on the edge.

For all Friz's work on the edge the tigers steam rolled us up the middle with ease.
Yep & Friz steam rolled them on the edge.

Old Timer

Coach
OT you have been death riding Hunt and Graham for the past 2 years so when do you get your wish lol
Death riding mmm ????
If they had of done some really good stuff on a consistent basis and I was on their case then I would agree.
IMO both have contributed very little ( the one thing that is a constant) so IMO I’m just calling it for how it is.
TBH I was pro Hunt early on and said he was the best half back signing since Billy Smith graced the Red V but alas he has not lived up to that over the 2 years he has been here.
JG was well and truly spent before we signed him and I’m afraid him yelling at refs or players and chasing runaway opposition players back to our try line is not a turn in for me.
While ever Mc Grinner is here my hopes are dashed in all areas not just selection.
By the way Hunt should be in the 6 jumper if we are serious about him contributing.

boardlumps62

Juniors
So, after 1 game, some people on here see Zac as destined for the Kurt Mann school of desintergration. Really!!!
Firstly, I thought he had a good game, yes some mistakes, but sound.
Now look at the facts:
Ramsey - he's a development player for a reason. He didn't play CC yesterday.
Dufty - won't see first grade again unless there's an injury.
Sailor - see dufty, but will have more chance if position in the halves.

I see no-one is dissing on Tedesco after such a less than stellar defensive display on Saturday.
Well there's an injury and Duff's back Lomax shuffled to the wing. This will not hurt him one bit he Wii be peppered with bombs and Dufty also. It will be ok

thebigredv

First Grade
I get that Ravalawa is injured, and I don't have an issue with the risky picking of an enigmatic fullback in a game where Panthers will be huge favourites, but moving Lomax is just sending a message from the coach that is worrisome. Mary had backed Lomax to be the outstanding marquee fullback for our club after the failed Dufty and Widdop at 1 experiments. He trained there all off-season and we know, courtesy of Andrew Johns, he has a latent talent and X factor. as horrid a game as he had against Tigers, you'd like to think the coach would persist a little longer. We have Saab or other options to replace Rava. Instead he seems to be using it as an excuse to backtrack so swiftly.

May seem like a small thing but it is just a tiny piece in the ugly mosaic that is Mary's coaching career and will not do much to fuel Zac's confidence. Many in number are the players to flounder under his coaching.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Death riding mmm ????
If they had of done some really good stuff on a consistent basis and I was on their case then I would agree.
IMO both have contributed very little ( the one thing that is a constant) so IMO I’m just calling it for how it is.
TBH I was pro Hunt early on and said he was the best half back signing since Billy Smith graced the Red V but alas he has not lived up to that over the 2 years he has been here.
JG was well and truly spent before we signed him and I’m afraid him yelling at refs or players and chasing runaway opposition players back to our try line is not a turn in for me.
While ever Mc Grinner is here my hopes are dashed in all areas not just selection.
By the way Hunt should be in the 6 jumper if we are serious about him contributing.

A step back in time;

First six weeks of 2018: Hunt is the form halfback by a considerable margin in tandem with Widdop.

Widdop gets injured, Hunt is less effective.

First part of last year; Hunt plays ok but there’s nothing special (a mirror image of Norman?). Widdop is again injured long term, Ben struggled to do in on his own with Gareth.

There’s a pattern here.

BTW, Hunt may not the best no. 7 signing since Smith, but he’s the first genuine halfback at the club since Noel Goldthorpe over 25 years ago.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I get that Ravalawa is injured, and I don't have an issue with the risky picking of an enigmatic fullback in a game where Panthers will be huge favourites, but moving Lomax is just sending a message from the coach that is worrisome. Mary had backed Lomax to be the outstanding marquee fullback for our club after the failed Dufty and Widdop at 1 experiments. He trained there all off-season and we know, courtesy of Andrew Johns, he has a latent talent and X factor. as horrid a game as he had against Tigers, you'd like to think the coach would persist a little longer. We have Saab or other options to replace Rava. Instead he seems to be using it as an excuse to backtrack so swiftly.

May seem like a small thing but it is just a tiny piece in the ugly mosaic that is Mary's coaching career and will not do much to fuel Zac's confidence. Many in number are the players to flounder under his coaching.

Not to mention the plethora of players departing under McGregor.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Lomax should be picked in the centres, he is not a winger as he is not quick enough for starters.
Lafai should be dropped and Saab onto the wing.
I would put Cody Ramsey in the side but he might not be eligible
Sadly James Graham also needs to be benched.
Clune to halfback
Hunt to 5/8
Norman dropped

Death riding mmm ????
Agree with what you say re the coach but in my view Hunt was not the cause for the loss on Sunday and is an easy target. Yes Graham is past his best but at least both players put in which is more than I can say for others in the team. I don't think anyone in here (bar the troll Gitano) was death riding Lomax we are all angry he has been shafted and frustrated with the coach.

Agree with what you say re the coach but in my view Hunt was not the cause for the loss on Sunday and is an easy target. Yes Graham is past his best but at least both players put in which is more than I can say for others in the team. I don't think anyone in here (bar the troll Gitano) was death riding Lomax we are all angry he has been shafted and frustrated with the coach.
I see sportsbet has Dragons as equal second favourite to take the spoon. Of course Titans are picked to take out the spoon, but you never know.

Gareth67

First Grade
I see sportsbet has Dragons as equal second favourite to take the spoon. Of course Titans are picked to take out the spoon, but you never know.

This may be a one-off opportunity for a man to get a bit of extra cash in , more so if we can fluke a win or two in what is shaping up as a very short season .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A step back in time;

First six weeks of 2018: Hunt is the form halfback by a considerable margin in tandem with Widdop.

Widdop gets injured, Hunt is less effective.

First part of last year; Hunt plays ok but there’s nothing special (a mirror image of Norman?). Widdop is again injured long term, Ben struggled to do in on his own with Gareth.

There’s a pattern here.

BTW, Hunt may not the best no. 7 signing since Smith, but he’s the first genuine halfback at the club since Noel Goldthorpe over 25 years ago.
Matt Head?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Re Hunt, he is just not the dominant 80 minute half back that we need and have paid a fortune for-his running game, his strength- he employs only occasionally - his kicking game is iffy at best- there were two howlers against the tigers. Norman is even worse. There is no combination or understanding between them. Clune has to be one of the halves- probably 5/8 to start.

BLM01

First Grade
Re Hunt, he is just not the dominant 80 minute half back that we need and have paid a fortune for-his running game, his strength- he employs only occasionally - his kicking game is iffy at best- there were two howlers against the tigers. Norman is even worse. There is no combination or understanding between them. Clune has to be one of the halves- probably 5/8 to start.
Yep..Hunt will play a fair bit at 9..this week anyway

Latest posts