What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19 - NRL press conference at 10:00 Livestream Todd Greenberg and Peter V'Landys

snout

First Grade
Healthy for now thanks carch for asking. But fully expect to get this thing eventually. Probably when the COVID-19/Flu season dovetail happens. Thats expected in mid/late April. I'll get a flu shot, they are going to make it compulsory for health workers and then take leave for a few days because the flu shot will temporarily lower immunity to the other cunova thing. Despite this EVERYONE should have the shot this year. Don't worry about being a tree hugging greenie or whatever stops people getting one. Have it. Official advice will come out soon I'm sure.

Flathead spikes... one of the most painful things I've had in a litany of painful things LOL

I'm mainly pissed off about all the extra work I'm doing which is directly related to this shit. 12 hour days where I go 2 hours early to get my job work done then at around 8:30 the COVID-19 shit starts for the next 8 hours. Then 2 hours to do my regular stuff again.

Woe is me. I'm not the only one but FMD it's just a bit ridiculous some of the stuff I have to do daily.

Vent complete.

By the way you still might run into me at Coles. They had dunny paper today. 1 palette. Limit of one pack of 32. I got one only because haven't been able to get any for weeks and the leaves are starting to scratch my arse. LOLLOL
Everyone l know who gets a flu shot gets the flu.
So they definately work.

snout

First Grade
the dumb merkins are even suggesting that if one player tests positive they isolate that player, test every other team mate, and then play on.

they are that f**king pig headed they want to waste 30 odd test kits if a player tests positive so they can keep playing because their incompetence has left the game obviously broke and living year to year.

they’re desperately trying to save face because who the f**k would employ any of these clowns in any other business space ever again after seeing what they’ve done with the NRL.
They have decided they will only keep the comp going til the Rorters are on top - then call it off.

Windy70

Juniors
So far so good in Vanuatu. But for a country that has about 80% of it's GDP on the back of people arriving on boats and planes as tourists or investors we are in big trouble.

Port Vila has about 35k people and the restrictions are becoming noticable. Must be fuuckin weird and scary in the big smokes of Aus.

Surely the NRL with face so much shit it will have to call the season? Or are they hanging on til a financial package of some kind is signed by the Govt to ensure they survive before they call it.

Farked up times we live in.

carcharias

Immortal
So far so good in Vanuatu. But for a country that has about 80% of it's GDP on the back of people arriving on boats and planes as tourists or investors we are in big trouble.

Port Vila has about 35k people and the restrictions are becoming noticable. Must be fuuckin weird and scary in the big smokes of Aus.

Surely the NRL with face so much shit it will have to call the season? Or are they hanging on til a financial package of some kind is signed by the Govt to ensure they survive before they call it.

Farked up times we live in.

mate
If some of those joints up your way get it , it will be horrendous.
Same goes for indigenous areas in Australia.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Does Kent also see that in last 5 years the 2 most succesful clubs in sydney have been the Roosters,

and yes the Sharks we won in 2016, and to put in words similiar to Booker T

we are 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time 5 time semi finalist in that time

I think the closure of the Queensland border was the final straw, they'd been holding off the decision to suspend the comp for as long as possible. Vlandys said the the border closure made the plan for the league comp bootcamp near Gladstone logistically impossible. He and Greenberg have just been on ABC News 24 doing a live press conference.

We are probably one of a very few Clubs who have a slush fund to see this thing out.

The uninformed vultures will see this as an opportunity to get rid of us.

Love to see their face when they get told we are one of the most secure Clubs in the NRL right now.

ghoti

Bench
Hopefully we're we're liquid...the NRL as we know it folds and bankrupts by year's end. Imo if the virus is clear and there's any money around 2021 is fair game for a new competition and they'll take tenders, and they'll pick the most marketable sides..

It'll be strange, but I can't see more than 6 current NRL sides putting forth viable clubs in that scenario... may even see them more localised for different border scenarios, and back to lower capacity grounds, etc..