What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19 - NRL press conference at 10:00 Livestream Todd Greenberg and Peter V'Landys

So the govt sets the tone last week at 500 gatherings, a few days later it drops to 100, a few days later the first of the offical shutdowns, interstate borders start to close, what will happen in a few days from now? The NRL has closed, does anyone else think that the government has given the NRL the old wink and nod to say “oi, we’re closing this shit down in a few days, get prepared”.
Just a thought, not a known.

carcharias

Immortal
So the govt sets the tone last week at 500 gatherings, a few days later it drops to 100, a few days later the first of the offical shutdowns, interstate borders start to close, what will happen in a few days from now? The NRL has closed, does anyone else think that the government has given the NRL the old wink and nod to say “oi, we’re closing this shit down in a few days, get prepared”.
Just a thought, not a known.

totally.
Same with schools
They’ve basically warned everyone ( parents ) by email.

Chimp

Bench
A few things spring to mind;

- I hope the Morris to Roosters thing was all done and dusted contractually so that they’re paying him from today to do F all and not us
- I hope the contract with the developers that meant they’d cover all loses of the closed league club is rock solid and we’re still getting paid by them
- I hope we can get out of paying for our temporary home as we’re not using it
- I hope the likes of Duges and Moylan learn from this, understand what they have to lose and get their bodies and minds fixed during this down time and are ready to go if/when the season re-starts
- Provided we’re financially ok, this down time could really help us get our full squad fit and healthy ready for the re-launch.

carcharias

Immortal
Anyone else see that vid getting around of the US with the army rolling into NYC and the beaches?
Looks freakin crazy.
Armoured vehicles everywhere.

Anyone else see that vid getting around of the US with the army rolling into NYC and the beaches?
Looks freakin crazy.
Armoured vehicles everywhere.
I haven’t seen that one, I did get one that is showing what is supposedly going on in China. If it’s real it is f**king scary.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I haven’t seen that one, I did get one that is showing what is supposedly going on in China. If it’s real it is f**king scary.

The trucks? That was in Wuhan in February spraying bleach apparently , you can google it. The other ones are disturbing but I think the video I saw was contrived to make it look like the Chinese were plotting the rest of the worlds demise. with this virus. Just my take on it.

The trucks? That was in Wuhan in February spraying bleach apparently , you can google it. The other ones are disturbing but I think the video I saw was contrived to make it look like the Chinese were plotting the rest of the worlds demise. with this virus. Just my take on it.
Pretty much my thoughts as well.

With players most likely being forced into pay cuts we are going to see the character of some these footy players come to the fore. Good and Bad.

It could get ugly with some millennials never been told “No” or experienced going through any real hardship In their lives. Some think they are above the rest of society.

Never know a certain merkin might even runaway back to the NFL to chase his “dream” again.

A few things spring to mind;

- I hope the Morris to Roosters thing was all done and dusted contractually so that they’re paying him from today to do F all and not us
- I hope the contract with the developers that meant they’d cover all loses of the closed league club is rock solid and we’re still getting paid by them
- I hope we can get out of paying for our temporary home as we’re not using it
- I hope the likes of Duges and Moylan learn from this, understand what they have to lose and get their bodies and minds fixed during this down time and are ready to go if/when the season re-starts
- Provided we’re financially ok, this down time could really help us get our full squad fit and healthy ready for the re-launch.

Is there any chance Fifita could get his Knee right ? Or is it permanently F*rked? Would be great to see a fit Fifita again.

carcharias

Immortal
Well that statement is pretty well fake nooze to start with. Do we actually have plenty of NRL journos or are they just 3rd rate gossip columnists masquerading as footy journos to get their weekly paypackets.
Quigs one of the highlights of the 2016 was being at the ground out the front the day after the GF.
There was a shitload of people waiting to get in.
Then I saw Massoud walk past with his camera crew.
His boss has a f**king razor sharp sense of humour.
Sending that germ would’ve been Massouds worst nightmare.
He looked like he was packing shit too.

Greenberg is in fairyland if he thinks the rich Clubs will help prop up the Clubs ready to fold.

I sure know if the Sharks were in trouble Manly wouldn’t be sending us any rescue package.

I hope our Club realises our nest egg is exactly that. Our nest egg for OUR future. Don’t get conned Dino. Just think of all the negative articles written about us death riding our future. Well now it’s karma day. We sit back and watch how the dominoes fall.