What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

COVID-19 - NRL press conference at 10:00 Livestream Todd Greenberg and Peter V'Landys

roboshark

Coach
So it will go ahead. Every other sport stops

So who is right?

I wish we had won yestrday more now lol

Frenzy.

Immortal
I also wanna know if Belinda Sharp nee Sleeman wears a g string when she referees.

I always have the burning questions

Frenzy.

Immortal
V'Landy's made a good point though about NRL players being young and fit are unlikely to be seriously ill. However, as the only reporting of confirmed cases will in likelihood come from hospital admission and testing data people diagnosed positive will not have to disclose if they are sent home to manage the condition. Therefore it would be very unlikely the NRL would release names of affected players although they may say "there is a confirmed case." This is because essentially, all our health information is covered under the Privacy Act.

For example, with tin foil hat firmly in place, I find it suspicious that one player was sent for testing after presenting with symptoms but the diagnosis was not COVID-19, "just" pneumonia which is exactly why people die from this virus. They develop pneumonia.

Frenzy.

Immortal
f**king stoopid.

Within two weeks they will back flip again and cancel season. May as well do it now and not risk players getting injured for nothing.

cancel it for the year is good for us...

I agree but I reckon the TV deal has them held to ransom.

Cause TV equals media and all media are merkins and they prove daily how they don't have public health at heart.

Gotta sell those papers and run those ads ya know LOL

Quicksilver

Bench
The League could fall flat on its face from this.

They can not afford to give up the TV revenue.

The game could look very different if they don't at least partially fulfil contract obligations and/or get government help.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I agree but I reckon the TV deal has them held to ransom.

Cause TV equals media and all media are merkins and they prove daily how they don't have public health at heart.

Gotta sell those papers and run those ads ya know LOL
And the betting - TAB etc will be reeling.
I think the NRL are in complete denial, they can put their heads in the sand all they want, but I’d say in 24 hours the landscape will change again for the worse

Quicksilver

Bench
And the betting - TAB etc will be reeling.
I think the NRL are in complete denial, they can put their heads in the sand all they want, but I’d say in 24 hours the landscape will change again for the worse

If it changes in 24 hours they can call it then.

They really don't lose much by holding out for now.